Bruce Eugene released from Saints

Robber said:
It amazes me that after all these years and examples of record setting QBs (Kent, Kennedy, etc...) not making it in the NFL, we still act amazed that Eugene got cut. Not only does the NFL not give a damn about stats in the SWAC, they don't care about stats anywhere. Ask them QBs that's been lighting it up at Texas Tech and Hawaii these last few years. Ask Jay Cutler or Brody Croyle how the hell they got drafted when they barely threw for any yards for their teams. It's all about what type of system you played in, physical attributes and mechanics.

If that kid arrived at mini-camp at 255 lbs and gained weight, he should have been cut and NEEDED to be cut. He didn't wanna be there. And when did he get up to 300 lbs.??? I coulda sworn he wasn't THAT big during the season. Why would he allow himself to balloon like that knowing what was at stake??? He's his own worst enemy right now.

I agree. If he really wants to play, he will let this be a lesson.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
buckwheat1911 said:
Get Ready did Robert Kent graduate? I heard he's a shoe shine boy down on Lynch Street. I think Bruce is in grad school, so he's still well prepared for life after sports. I can't say the same for Kent.

I saw Kent a few weeks ago. He is the back-up QB for the Birmingham Arena2 team. Against Huntsville's team, he started at Rec. Had a great game. He runs very nice routes and has good hands. That may be his way into Arena or NFL scouts notebooks.

J-State said:
I wanted to see him in the league. Where's Doug, help a brother out.

dacontinent said:
Doug is here in Tampa, and he can help the brother out by sending him to NFL Europe.:) :) :)

Will Doug try to help him since Luke McCown just tore a ACL?

Back