Bruce Eugene released from Saints

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It' politics. Dude got an accurate throw. I look at it like this,the Saints did him a favor. Hopefully some other team will pick him up.

pbla said:
It' politics. Dude got an accurate throw. I look at it like this,the Saints did him a favor. Hopefully some other team will pick him up.

His weight and mechanics had more to do with it than any politics (along with the tigger season thang).

I said it from the start that Eugene would not last long in New Orleans. His weight already being one issue, he made things even tougher by signing with a team that already had 4 veteran QBs (Brees as the starter, returning QBs Todd Bouman and Adrian McPherson and free agent signee Jamie Martin). That was a bad decision on Eugene's part. Surely, there were some other teams interested in him. With that being said, hopefully, he gets a shot somewhere else.

I think he would be a great high school coach and working the ranks. I don't see him playing in the NFL.

Well, that didn't last long. They shouldn't have even signed him if they had plans to give him a cup of coffee and send him on his way.

Damn didnt he just get there? Hell always thought he needed to be in the CFL or something that he could put up huge numbers.

At least he lasted longer than Micheal Hayes...at least he got to get off the plane....but GR digress.

Get Ready said:
Any of you guys still want to have the whose better (Jackson or Eugene) debate?

:shame: :shame: :shame: Mane.....you ought to be ashamed of yourself (wound + salt) I ain't lying to you at all. :shame: :shame: :shame: :sniker:

I just hope he didn't go down to the local car dealership and call his mother... from "The Season of the Tigers"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am a huge Bruce Eugene Fan. He throws a great ball and had great knowledge of the game. But Jackson can do those things also and kept himself in shape and got himself draft ready, Eugene did not. By Eugene not being able to keep the weight off, he cost himself a chance to play in the NFL. He has an NFL Arm, but lacks NFL Displicline. Big Bruce could have went in the second round if he would have listened to Coach Spears about keeping in excellent shape.

New Orleans was not a good choice for him. Miami, KC, Chicago, The Jets, were some of the teams that he should have went to.

Anonymous said:
This is the way professional sports work... Just ask Steve McNair...

He need to have his agent to contact the Titans since they do have a extra spot opened. Although Vince Young will hold down that spot, he needs to try to get somewhere to show his skills.

I'm sorry to hear this even though I'm not surprised, hopefully he can get an opportunity somewhere else, but maybe if he goes to NFL Europe he can develope more, get in better shape, and then give himself a real shot.

Back