Big 12 now says it will immediately consider expansion candidates

They either don't have any balls in the Big 12 or all of them are scared of Texas. I would have told them the Longhorn Network goes or u go. I would have added Houston and either BYU or Memphis
If Texas leaves the Big 12 is crap financially.

Not sure if you can put Oklahoma State in the same category with Texas & Oklahoma.

Central Florida probably has more upside than any other school being considered.

"
All schools have their ardent supporters, of course. But in many cases there are just one or two mega-boosters at a school whose names always seem to end up on the most coveted facilities. It would take a brave Oregonian to compete with Nike co-founder Phil Knight, for example, who's given the University of Oregon hundreds of millions over the years. Billionaire T. Boone Pickens, the founder and chairman of BP Capital Management, is equally hard to topple as chief booster at Oklahoma State University.

Texas, on the other hand, has a club of at least ten big shots who egg each other on. There's Mr. Myers, who was the No. 1 Bible salesman in the country as a Texas undergraduate (the university's 20,000-seat track and soccer stadium bears his name); WWII hero and Austin attorney Frank Denius, who at the age of 84 attends not only every game but most practices (he stands on the sidelines and watches the defense); energy consultant B. M. "Mack" Rankin Jr., whose name graces the athletic dining hall; and former UT tackle Jim Bob Moffett, now the chief executive of Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold. "

Exerpt from Wall Street Journal. 5/1979

"
All schools have their ardent supporters, of course. But in many cases there are just one or two mega-boosters at a school whose names always seem to end up on the most coveted facilities. It would take a brave Oregonian to compete with Nike co-founder Phil Knight, for example, who's given the University of Oregon hundreds of millions over the years. Billionaire T. Boone Pickens, the founder and chairman of BP Capital Management, is equally hard to topple as chief booster at Oklahoma State University.

Texas, on the other hand, has a club of at least ten big shots who egg each other on. There's Mr. Myers, who was the No. 1 Bible salesman in the country as a Texas undergraduate (the university's 20,000-seat track and soccer stadium bears his name); WWII hero and Austin attorney Frank Denius, who at the age of 84 attends not only every game but most practices (he stands on the sidelines and watches the defense); energy consultant B. M. "Mack" Rankin Jr., whose name graces the athletic dining hall; and former UT tackle Jim Bob Moffett, now the chief executive of Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold. "

Exerpt from Wall Street Journal. 5/1979
If you remove Texas, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma would be the only big players in the conference. Of course Texas overshadows both in terms of money.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/b...nsidering-expansion-candidates-224148833.html

In a conference call Tuesday afternoon with Oklahoma president David Boren and Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, the conference announced it had unanimously given Bowlsby the go-ahead to evaluate candidates for expansion. While Boren mentioned the expansion process as a “forward step,” it was clear that the conference was ready to expand.

“I think it’s a statement from the board that we want to move forward,” Boren said. “We’ve had discussion of the attributes of some of those schools that have come to us and expressed interest. And that we want to move forward and have a full evaluation of exactly the level of their interest, what kind of proposals they might make to us in terms of terms and conditions for joining the conference.”

BYU is a no-brainer. The rest are better suited to stay where they are... (but let's hope they get Notre Dame! )

BYU
Boise State
Cincy (better where they are but they will get lots of votes)
Colorada State

Probalby make the most geographical sense.
I can't see the other Texas teams voting for Houston... ijs

U of H would be the most logical choice, but UT doesn't want to loose the conference access to the Houston talent pool. Look at what Houston brings to the table:
* Student Body of 33,000 students
* City Population of 6 million plus
* Tier 1 Academic Rating
* New Football Stadium
* Basketball Arena Under Renovation
* Nationally Ranked Football, Baseball and Track Programs.

Bottom Line, let UH in right now!

U of H would be the most logical choice, but UT doesn't want to loose the conference access to the Houston talent pool. Look at what Houston brings to the table:
* Tier 1 Academic Rating
* New Football Stadium

You just listed SIX reasons they will get a NO vote... lol

Notre Dame isn't even a possibility so i'm not sure why you even keep mentioning them. The ACC's new GOR doesn't make them join the conference, but it does make it impossible for them to join another conference for the next 20 years unless they plan on paying an 81 million dollar fee. Notre Dame isn't going anywhere. I don't really think Texas is going to care if Houston joins or not because if the Big 12 adds 4 G5 schools they are most likely going to bolt anyways. They know any conference would gladly take them so they h ave no worries. Most likely the same for Oklahoma other than the fact that I don't think they can go to a conference without taking Oklahoma State... who no one is going to want.

* Tier 1 Academic Rating
* New Football Stadium

And the fact UH has the pedigree with 40% of the Big12 members being their comrades from the old Southwest Conference (SWC). Would not be surprised if it is a TX addition with SMU holding down (another SWC connection) the DFW market along with TCU.

Notre Dame isn't even a possibility so i'm not sure why you even keep mentioning them. .

It's just a very wishful thinking... 81M may not be that much to pay.. the conference might chip in.... :D

Notre Dame got the whole ACC f******. I wanted them in but it was really bad move.

Either one of them would take a pay cut going back to the big 12... would make absolutely no sense...especially for Nebraska.

1. BYU
2. Cincy(only because they have West Virginia)
3. Colordao State
4. Houston

Dark Horses:

1. Memphis
2. Air Force
3. Boise State

Back