Big 12 now says it will immediately consider expansion candidates

It isn't. ACC football consists of Florida State and Clemson...and it's been that way for the past 10 years. And ironically, both of them have the paths that they do exactly because they don't have to play anyone in the ACC lol. Georgia Tech, Duke, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia, NC State, Louisville, Pittsburgh lol. Not a single one of them is a football power. VT has sucked for a while and Miami can't buy fans to come to their games these days. If those two teams left the ACC, football wise, their games wouldnt even be worth watching.

WOW really? When did Clemson get good? The ACC has been Florida State, Virgina Tech and Georgia Tech. Clemson has been hit or miss for the last 50 years.

The ACC currently has 2 good programs, Florida State and Clemson. Everyone else in the conference..............

Bruh GaTech has ran the SEC off the field lately. We have FSU, VaTech, GaTech, Clemson, Louisville, and Miami who have all spent time as national powers in recent history. Some of the basketball schools like Duke, UNC, UVA and Syracuse still need a bit of direction but our football foundation is as strong as any in the nation...

It's okay tho.. All of that talk you all did about the 4 team playoff suggesting the ACC would be left out... HaHaHa... Oh well.
GaTech and VaTech have stronger programs than Clemson but you know what Clemson has? more FANS. Thats what separates them but their on-field performance is not as consistent.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Bruh GaTech has ran the SEC off the field lately. We have FSU, VaTech, GaTech, Clemson, Louisville, and Miami who have all spent time as national powers in recent history. Some of the basketball schools like Duke, UNC, UVA and Syracuse still need a bit of direction but our football foundation is as strong as any in the nation...

It's okay tho.. All of that talk you all did about the 4 team playoff suggesting the ACC would be left out... HaHaHa... Oh well.
GaTech and VaTech have stronger programs than Clemson but you know what Clemson has? more FANS. Thats what separates them but their on-field performance is not as consistent.
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Dude Georgia Tech hasn't been a title contender since the early 90s, Miami and Va Tech haven't been the same since they left the Big East, and Louisville was never a national power.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Dude Georgia Tech hasn't been a title contender since the early 90s, Miami and Va Tech haven't been the same since they left the Big East, and Louisville was never a national power.

You act like the SEC has had National title contenders in the form of MANY teams. You only have Auburn, BAMA and LSU. The rest of that conference is sorry to inconsistent.

You act like the SEC has had National title contenders in the form of MANY teams. You only have Auburn, BAMA and LSU. The rest of that conference is sorry to inconsistent.
It's no comparison dude. Between 2007 and 2016 seasons, only two of them concluded with a non-SEC team winning the title.

"Only" 3 different SEC teams have won championships? WOW they should shut down the conference. LOL

"Only" 3 different SEC teams have won championships? WOW they should shut down the conference. LOL

My point was that the whole conference is not national title contenders so to say the ACC has two is nothing to be shy about. Over half the SEC is weak and over-rated every year.

Um... one, GT hasn't been good at anything. They had one good year a couple years ago, that's about it. Two, since 2000, LSU has 2, Alabama has 4, Auburn has 1, and Florida has 2. In that same time frame, Florida State has 1 and Miami has 1 lol.

Per decade
W L T Win % PFPG PAPG

2010's 32 21 0 60.4 29.6 24.9
2000's 47 32 0 59.5 24.1 20.4
1990's 33 26 1 55.8 24.4 22.6
1980's 37 21 2 63.3 22.9 18.5
1970's 48 21 1 69.3 22.3 14.0
1960's 62 11 4 83.1 22.7 9.6
1950's 37 16 2 69.1 18.9 10.9

That's the SEC's record vs the ACC lol

My point was that the whole conference is not national title contenders so to say the ACC has two is nothing to be shy about. Over half the SEC is weak and over-rated every year.
2? I'm talking in the new century. Just Florida State for the ACC.

Oh and we forgot Florida and its 2 championships for the SEC, so it's 4 different SEC schools.

2? I'm talking in the new century. Just Florida State for the ACC.

Oh and we forgot Florida and its 2 championships for the SEC, so it's 4 different SEC schools.

That's been about 10 yrs ago for Florida... Regardless. My point still stands. On average, the SEC like any other conference only has one or two good teams per year.

Um... one, GT hasn't been good at anything. They had one good year a couple years ago, that's about it. Two, since 2000, LSU has 2, Alabama has 4, Auburn has 1, and Florida has 2. In that same time frame, Florida State has 1 and Miami has 1 lol.

Per decade
W L T Win % PFPG PAPG

2010's 32 21 0 60.4 29.6 24.9
2000's 47 32 0 59.5 24.1 20.4
1990's 33 26 1 55.8 24.4 22.6
1980's 37 21 2 63.3 22.9 18.5
1970's 48 21 1 69.3 22.3 14.0
1960's 62 11 4 83.1 22.7 9.6
1950's 37 16 2 69.1 18.9 10.9

That's the SEC's record vs the ACC lol

Im sure you didnt go to GaTech so you too slow to get my point. None of that was my point. I don't care that Alabama beat Wake Forrest or that Virginia Tech beat Vandy. smh

Im sure you didnt go to GaTech so you too slow to get my point. None of that was my point. I don't care that Alabama beat Wake Forrest or that Virginia Tech beat Vandy. smh

Slow? lol...in case you haven't realized, no one even takes your sports posts seriously. The ACC is a joke just like GT sports wise. You all are the same school that just hired a basketball coach that couldn't even win at Memphis lol. Have a seat.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Cincy is high on the list - West Virginia wants a travel partner - they cant make up their minds about the second school

Slow? lol...in case you haven't realized, no one even takes your sports posts seriously. The ACC is a joke just like GT sports wise. You all are the same school that just hired a basketball coach that couldn't even win at Memphis lol. Have a seat.

Yet the ACC is at the top of dayum near every sport....especially the BIG two.. football and bball.. a joke? smh You people are just delusional. We didn't build a football conference we built a multi-sport conference where you have football and basketball powers.... As for our bball coach, he is a recruiter. Paul Hewiit recruited too well and Gregory was not good at it. This guy should be a good in-between. To get us some good players willing to stay 2-3 years. This is the ACC.. not AAC.
Again.. slow.

Cincy is high on the list - West Virginia wants a travel partner - they cant make up their minds about the second school

Cincy and BYU should be no-brainers.

UConn makes no real sense. UConn football is hurting them as well as their location. The conference they fit with best is the ACC but I don't see us making any moves unless we have to.

http://www.frogsowar.com/2016/6/6/11860950/big-12-expansion-its-down-to-byu-houston-and-cincinnati

Reading between the lines, two fairly significant announcements came out of the meetings:

• Commissioner Bob Bowlsby wants resolution to the expansion question sooner, not later. They are asking consultants (TV) to tell them more about the possible candidates.
  • The league, now that the idea of a Big 12 Network is off the table, is no longer looking for schools that help with a TV footprint; They want competitive football and basketball schools that bring compelling matchups to the conference.
You can read more about this news at Hookem.com but suffice it to say: The Big 12 is moving quickly to a decision point, likely later this summer before the 2016 football season kicks off.

They either don't have any balls in the Big 12 or all of them are scared of Texas. I would have told them the Longhorn Network goes or u go. I would have added Houston and either BYU or Memphis

They don't want it from BYU. BYU is one of my fav schools for athletics. They play hard in ALL sports. Cerebral and physically gifted. BYU will come in and kick everyone's arse IC lol :D . ::read::

They either don't have any balls in the Big 12 or all of them are scared of Texas. I would have told them the Longhorn Network goes or u go. I would have added Houston and either BYU or Memphis

Cause booting Texas in favor of BYU, Memphis or Houston will increase the profile of the conference?

Back