Bayou Classic is moving from NBC to NBC Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be real....there are just some SWAC Opponents that just do not bring a crowd like others do. I can go to a rivalry game to start the year....skip over the "boring" SWAC Opponents, go to Homecoming and have plenty of money left for the SWAC Championship Game and Celebration Bowl.

We can survive leaving where it is. The BC concept is not broken. Ain't nobody interested in Labor Day. Neither fan base is interested. You don't piss on your fans. They were here before NBC.

We don't live in the Bill Clinton Days.

So since this is a one year extension, that means someone let the NBC contract lapse. Who did that?

ThumbDottie.jpg

The funny thing is that it appeared that EVERYONE was watching the classic last year.... LOL The rating should have been good enough.

I think NBC got left out the power 5 broadcasts of football because of their Notre Dame deal. They may be seeing an opportunity to do other things with their football package. The BC broadcast may be in the way of some other FBS game they want. It is rivalry weekend. Maybe they are trying to use ND to get the rest of the ACC to come on board.

That comment has nothing to do with the game moving. Are you high? The game is not going to make more money or draw more interest on Labor Day.

This ain't just about the Bayou Classic this about the SWAC Championship and the Celebration Bowl. In today's society, SELF COMES FIRST. This actually can be a benefit IF YOU PUT YOUR PRIDE ASIDE AND THiNK IN TERMS OF DOLLARS AND CENTS OF THE CONSUMER....Like Jags so eloquently explained when I suggested SU vs. Howard.

MORE MONEY IN THE CONSUMERS Pockets during the Holiday Season means.....more may choose to attend the SCG and Celebration Bowl.

Now mofos have to go to the game.

EXACTLY JR....which is why SU and Grambling might as well Move it to be the first game of the year (IF NOT THAT the FIRST SWAC GAME) of year.

JR, look at JSU and TN State. That game has been promoted for nearly 4-6 months now before September 2015. SU and Grambling can do similar promotion. But you have to PROMOTE IT!!!!!

This ain't just about the Bayou Classic this about the SWAC Championship and the Celebration Bowl. In today's society, SELF COMES FIRST. This actually can be a benefit IF YOU PUT YOUR PRIDE ASIDE AND THiNK IN TERMS OF DOLLARS AND CENTS OF THE CONSUMER....Like Jags so eloquently explained when I suggested SU vs. Howard.

MORE MONEY IN THE CONSUMERS Pockets during the Holiday Season means.....more may choose to attend the SCG and Celebration Bowl.

That ain't a problem for SU fans who have showed up when go to the SCG. Or when we went to the Heritage Bowl. You need to talk to the MEAC fans about showing up to the Celebration bowl. If SU is there our fans will be too.

That ain't a problem for SU fans who have showed up when go to the SCG. Or when we went to the Heritage Bowl. You need to talk to the MEAC fans about showing up to the Celebration bowl. If SU is there our fans will be too.

Oh Yes, it will be a problem. This isn't the 90s JR. This is a different type breed of HBCU Fan. Many people even in August 2015 don't even know we are having a Celebration Bowl. Radio Stations should be blowing up the Airwaves about the game RIGHT NOW.

I have to give credit to JSU and TN State. They are ON TOP of the Southern Heritage Classic when it comes to Promotion and Information.

EXACTLY JR....which is why SU and Grambling might as well Move it to be the first game of the year (IF NOT THAT the FIRST SWAC GAME) of year.

JR, look at JSU and TN State. That game has been promoted for nearly 4-6 months now before September 2015. SU and Grambling can do similar promotion. But you have to PROMOTE IT!!!!!

Uh dude that game has historically been early SEPT for JSU. What money are we losing on Thanksgiving weekend? Why should we move? The game ain't losing money. Our fans are our concern. Not anyone else's.

Oh Yes, it will be a problem. This isn't the 90s JR. This is a different type breed of HBCU Fan. Many people even in August 2015 don't even me we are having a Celebration Bowl.

That's not SUs problem. Again. If we make it. We will show up. Speak for your own fan base. It's Atlanta. We got enough alums close to there to support that game. Cheap flights from Houston and gas is cheap now to drive from the boot. So no worries about SU fans showing up. The BC date is not the issue.

Uh dude that game has historically been early SEPT for JSU. What money are we losing on Thanksgiving weekend? Why should we move? The game ain't losing money. Our fans are our concern. Not anyone else's.

JR, you have to factor in the Celebration Bowl now. Rivalry Game during the Holiday Season PLUS SCG PLUS Celebration Bowl is a big drain on the people's pockets.

Grambling and SU folks aren't broke, the bayou classic economic impact for the city of New Orleans proves that

That's the problem though....SU and Gram should have been helping out Baton Rouge and Grambling but that's another story. New Orleans received but did not give as much love as it could have LMAO.

Well, I guess we don't have to listen to all this "We getting paid 1 million dollars and we on National TV" stuff anymore.

That's the problem though....SU and Gram should have been helping out Baton Rouge and Grambling but that's another story. New Orleans received but did not give as much love as it could have LMAO.
Now you might be on point with that one. I wonder if Grambling and su will still have to give out the million dollars for this second rate station.

Now you might be on point with that one. I wonder if Grambling and su will still have to give out the million dollars for this second rate station.

The sponsors did that anyway with their ads. So you would have to ask them that question. SU or Gram did not give up any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back