Bayou Classic is moving from NBC to NBC Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well.......

Bayou Classic signs extension with NBC Sports Group; new kickoff time for annual football contest
bc%20nbc%201_web.jpg

The Bayou Classic team announced today that the 42nd Annual Bayou Classic will once again be broadcast on NBC, but this year will move to the broadcast company’s cable network – NBC Sports Network. The agreement between The Bayou Classic and NBC Sports Group extends the broadcast of the Bayou Classic on NBC Sports Network for another year.

"The landscape of television sports is changing and it is important to us that the Bayou Classic continue to be an integral part of that landscape," said Dottie Belletto, President of New Orleans Convention Company, Inc. (NOCCI), the management firm of the 42nd Annual Bayou Classic. "Coming off one of Bayou Classic's best and most dramatic seasons in decades, we could not be more proud to extend this historic partnership and are excited that this extension offers enhanced opportunities that allow us to bring Bayou Classic to fans on more platforms than ever before."

http://www.sus.edu/PressRoom/PressRoomDisplay.asp?p1=32764&p2=Y&E=N

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............................

So NBC Sports Network is comparable to ESPN2? I need to see what program replaces that time slot before we really know what to make of this.

free TV to paid TV....not sure....

what made the BC the black person's choice in the 90s (the actual event, not the game) was free TV and that drew the casual fan...now essence is the black person's event of choice in NO

Since this is only a one year agreement, I wonder if they will reach out to ESPN/ABC? It seems like the Bayou Classic being broadcast on any NBC station is numbered.

They might as well make it the first game of the Season for both teams now. Both teams are 0-0 and plenty enough time to promote the event.

Like I said, Howard-Hampton would not be the only ones to follow the PV-TX Southern route.

For what? That makes no sense. You really have no clue.

I Don't huh. Let Your Pride Go....this is about survival. You and Grambling can move your game to the start of the Season like PV-TX Southern. I also want JSU and Alcorn to do the same thing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The funny thing is that it appeared that EVERYONE was watching the classic last year.... LOL The rating should have been good enough.

I Don't huh. Let Your Pride Go....this is about survival. You and Grambling can move your game to the start of the Season like PV-TX Southern. I also want JSU and Alcorn to do the same thing.

We can survive leaving where it is. The BC concept is not broken. Ain't nobody interested in Labor Day. Neither fan base is interested. You don't piss on your fans. They were here before NBC.

See, all you have to do is use common sense. It's really not that difficult The Holiday Season is in that Time Period. If you play your rival at the start of the year, that means that you won't be as cash strapped near the Holiday season (because prices for flights hotels and things tend to go up during the Thanksgiving and near the Christmas Holidays)...........ANDDDDDD ..........more money in more folks pockets may mean more people will choose to attend the SWAC Championship AND....Celebration Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back