"As Far As Texas Southern Is Concerned, This Is Our Stadium"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No smack GR, you are dead on about a cultural change. Black ppl (hbcu rel) in and around houston suck, for the most part. Very fickle when it comes to sports. It's pitiful when a LDC can barely draw 17K ppl around that trashy city & PV travels north and takes part in 40K+ in the rain vs an out of state non-rival.

Damn a tee-ess-suck u. The game dwindle(s/d) because stu didn't do its job w/ its alumni base :retard:. PV brings over 80% of the fanbase to the game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No smack GR, you are dead on about a cultural change. Black ppl (hbcu rel) in and around houston suck, for the most part. Very fickle when it comes to sports. It's pitiful when a LDC can barely draw 17K ppl around that trashy city & PV travels north and takes part in 40K+ in the rain vs an out of state non-rival.

Damn a tee-ess-suck u. The game dwindle(s/d) because stu didn't do its job w/ its alumni base :retard:. PV brings over 80% of the fanbase to the game.

Come on dude....PV brings 80% of the fans to the game????? Not sure about that. I think we can agree that PV is a school that students live on or near campus and TSU is a commuter school that's the difference in a nutshell right there. PV is the 2nd oldest University in the state. Hell my grandmother will turn 102-yrs old on June 10th and she knows about PV, calling it her school. It has a rich deep tradition being the 1st University in the State that blacks could attend.

PV travels to Dallas and other black folks because it is an event and you know that is the case. Lat year was my last time attending that circus we call a football game.

Our fans have proven that they will support as we did by traveling to San Antonio in 1999 or 2000 to play GSU and in 2010 each game more fans came to support the team eben in the high school stadium. We are on the right track and we will see the reyurn on our investment.

Look at this BUllshit....
1327341549_neil_degrasse_tyson_reaction.gif

Hurd...with all due respect...just because you build it, that does not mean they will come. You are doing the same thing Alabama State is doing. In 5 years both of you will be playing in empty stadiums, hell make it 2 years. Culturally, No one in the state respects your programs. Until you change that culture, which has been the same since your schools inception, it will remain the same.

I respectfully disagree with you sir.......However, I will say the media has done more to hurt TSU's image than help our image. I believe in teh adage, "If you build it then they will come." Now, what we have to do as a University is to ensure that game-day experience is such that they will return again and again. There will be thousands that will at least attend one-game this year only to see the new stadium. Again, our job is to ensure that it is not a one and done.

I respectfully disagree with you sir.......However, I will say the media has done more to hurt TSU's image than help our image. I believe in teh adage, "If you build it then they will come." Now, what we have to do as a University is to ensure that game-day experience is such that they will return again and again. There will be thousands that will at least attend one-game this year only to see the new stadium. Again, our job is to ensure that it is not a one and done.

Again GR says:
1327341549_neil_degrasse_tyson_reaction.gif

Wait...

Are you referring to the same game that attempted to have the world's largest "Wobble" showdown?
Are you referring to the same game that has local radio DJs crack jokes on 1st and 10?
Are you referring to the same game that had articles written about it as now being a "Coonfest"?

80%? Dude, as usual you don't know what the hell you talking about. Furthermore, how would you know? You claim to not even attend the LDC anymore?

Last edited:
Regardless how we dog the SFC in Dallas....40K will show on a bad day in the rain as that's the only HBCU event Dallas acknowledges

“In my opinion yes,” Northern said about some of the distractions his team had to endure during the State Fair Classic. ”We got a little more of the Ronald McDonald during the check presentations. Some rap groups were on the sideline. You have commercials playing for the Marines or an after party. It was a little bit of a distraction.”

Northern also lamented about the bands delaying the Panthers ability to warm-up following what has been described as a circus-like halftime show. From various accounts of those who were in attendance, a local radio station decided it would be a good idea to orchestrate the world’s largest “Wobble” dance line that interfered with the performances of both marching bands.

[video=youtube;C_eqffj0a5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_eqffj0a5s&[/video]​

At the end of the day, we've partnered with a local professional sports franchise and will take every advantage of our new 22,000 home for the next 30 years for pennies on the dollar. I just wish all SWAC programs the best with those who have recently either built new stadiums or renovated their old stadiums. Way to keep the conference moving forward. :tup:

Last edited:
It's TSU Day tomorrow at the stadium for a private showing of our "New Home." I'll let you know what I think about it so you PV, JSU, GSU and other haters can know what to expect when you attend one of ourt games this year or next year.

BTW, in about 5 years the orange seats will be a non-issue since we'll have butts in majority of the seats for every home game.
Hell, they just now letting you all in "Your" stadium for a private showing? The Grand Opening was 2 weeks ago. Why wasnt you invited to that? Why didnt they let you in for that "private" showing? LOL!!!!!!!!!! So gullible.

Wait...

Are you referring to the same game that attempted to have the world's largest "Wobble" showdown?
Are you referring to the same game that has local radio DJs crack jokes on 1st and 10?
Are you referring to the same game that had articles written about it as now being a "Coonfest"?

80%? Dude, as usual you don't know what the hell you talking about. Furthermore, how would you know? You claim to not even attend the LDC anymore?

We, the alums of both historically great schools GSU and PVU, have addressed the stupidity that was evident @ the historically esteemed event. And I'm most certain the stupidity won't be on display this fall. Still doesn't deter from the fact that on a SLOW SFC IN THE RAIN, 40K north texas folx puts you dumb assed fickle greater houston area black people to shame w/ the support, now doesn't it? :D :emlaugh: :lol:

17K ppl for a local game pitting 2 almost cross town FCS schools in the purported 3rd largest city in the united states of america. :emlaugh: :lol: An area full of athletically non-supportive black dumbfvcks, IMO. I'm speaking about my relatives as well so I show zero biasness for calling a spade a spade w/ you dumbfvcks down there. You cannot spin this stupid shit and you certainly can keep trying to deter from the fact that sTu didn't and hadn't taken care of its marketing business w/ its own stupidly sorry alums (speaking of some of my dumb assed relatives as well lol). PV easily outpace(s/d) sTu @ the LDC 8-1. Easily. :|

We, the alums of both historically great schools GSU and PVU, have addressed the stupidity that was evident @ the historically esteemed event. And I'm most certain the stupidity won't be on display this fall. Still doesn't deter from the fact that on a SLOW SFC IN THE RAIN, 40K north texas folx puts you dumb assed fickle greater houston area black people to shame w/ the support, now doesn't it? :D :emlaugh: :lol:

17K ppl for a local game pitting 2 almost cross town FCS schools in the purported 3rd largest city in the united states of america. :emlaugh: :lol: An area full of athletically non-supportive black dumbfvcks, IMO. I'm speaking about my relatives as well so I show zero biasness for calling a spade a spade w/ you dumbfvcks down there. You cannot spin this stupid shit and you certainly can keep trying to deter from the fact that sTu didn't and hadn't taken care of its marketing business w/ its own stupidly sorry alums (speaking of some of my dumb assed relatives as well lol). PV easily outpace(s/d) sTu @ the LDC 8-1. Easily. :|

Yeah, I still don't understand that since the Katrina year .... y'all let SU/GSU come in and out do y'all in your own backyard. Even in SU/GSU sorry years, it's still an event.

Yeah, I still don't understand that since the Katrina year .... y'all let SU/GSU come in and out do y'all in your own backyard. Even in SU/GSU sorry years, it's still an event.

Don't let the sTu folx hear you say that. PV ALWAYS showed up, win or damned lose. But those urban dwelling snake in the grass folx, they didn't handle their business when their fball program was actually @ some type of higher level.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Don't let the sTu folx hear you say that. PV ALWAYS showed up, win or damned lose. But those urban dwelling snake in the grass folx, they didn't handle their business when their fball program was actually @ some type of higher level.

WE got the same thing with our country cousins .... they only come down in numbers when they are winning.

tsu's attendance has been on the decline. Even when they were competitive those two years recently. Last season would've been a good chance to market the game as a match between the last two SWAC champions but charles screwed that up by choosing Delmar.

tsu's attendance has been on the decline. Even when they were competitive those two years recently. Last season would've been a good chance to market the game as a match between the last two SWAC champions but charles screwed that up by choosing Delmar.

Handwriting on the wall. :tup:

But those people will stand behind the stupidity. :tup: Typical "tee-ess-sucka'." :retard: I hope Charles isn't holding his breath waiting for a football victory over PV anytime soon. PV <b>owns</b> sTu. :|

LMAOOOOOOOOOO@THE WOBBLE VIDEO.... u got to be shittin me!

:lol: :emlaugh:

We should give Grambling a 5 year probation and kick PV out of the SWAC all together for allowing this to happen. And kick sTu out for those eye blinding orange seats! PV, Langston, sTu and Texas College should look at starting there own conference! :lol: :emlaugh:

:lol: :emlaugh:

We should give Grambling a 5 year probation and kick PV out of the SWAC all together for allowing this to happen. And kick sTu out for those eye blinding orange seats! PV, Langston, sTu and Texas College should look at starting there own conference! :lol: :emlaugh:

SMH SMH SMH!!!! Now the thread will take a turn for the worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back