"As Far As Texas Southern Is Concerned, This Is Our Stadium"

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-LeB28

628x471.jpg

In addition to being able to have fans purchase tickets through an electronic system, the arrangement brings TSU financial benefits it did not have. The school will receive all of the revenue from sales of game tickets, merchandise at the stadium, television rights and game-day sponsorships, and 16 percent of gross revenue from concessions.

Revenue shared

TSU will receive a percentage of revenue from all sales except those involving parking and suites.

The stadium's seats and some of the exterior walls will be orange, reflecting the Dynamo's primary team color, but TSU will be able to hang its banners and wrap the field wall in its colors of maroon and gray on game days. The video boards and marquee will be made available for TSU's usage. In addition, the Tigers and visiting football programs will have their own locker rooms separate from those to be used by the Dynamo and their opponents.

The orange seats and exterior will remind TSU fans that the stadium is not their home alone. But as far as McClelland is concerned, the total package of benefits makes the arrangement well worth it.

"For all practical purposes, as far as Texas Southern is concerned, this is our stadium," McClelland said.

http://www.chron.com/sports/college...e-is-like-time-warp-3537418.php#photo-2902847

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hey Cleb

I heard there is a clause in the contract that says if y'all leave any fried chicken bones in the stands the actual owners get to keep 100% of the concession instead of only 84%. The money will be used for intense sanitary cleansing and purifying

TSU made a one-time payment of $1.5 million toward the building project and received a 30-year lease to use the stadium.
That doesnt sound like it's "Your" home. Sound like you're "leasing" it.

"I would relate it to having your own house (vs.) renting out an apartment," McClelland said. "When you have your own facility, you can fix it up and do things that will accommodate you and your fans vs. when you're renting something, when you have to be able to function in a manner that someone tells you how to function.

I agree Mr McClelland. You can fix up your own, anyway you like it. When you're "leasing", you have to keep the basics the same because if the "owner" doesnt extend the lease, bye bye!

The stadium's seats and some of the exterior walls will be orange, reflecting the Dynamo's primary team color, but TSU will be able to hang its banners and wrap the field wall in its colors of maroon and gray on game days. The video boards and marquee will be made available for TSU's usage. In addition, the Tigers and visiting football programs will have their own locker rooms separate from those to be used by the Dynamo and their opponents.

The orange seats and exterior will remind TSU fans that the stadium is not their home alone. But as far as McClelland is concerned, the total package of benefits makes the arrangement well worth it.
But hey, atleast they let you all hang Michael Strahan's banner (cause that's the only banner your football have) up and wrap the field wall in maroon and gray. And I'm not going to comment on why the soccer team didnt want to share locker rooms with you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesnt sound like it's "Your" home. Sound like you're "leasing" it.

I agree Mr McClelland. You can fix up your own, anyway you like it. When you're "leasing", you have to keep the basics the same because if the "owner" doesnt extend the lease, bye bye!

But hey, atleast they let you all hang Michael Strahan's banner (cause that's the only banner your football have) up and wrap the field wall in maroon and gray. And I'm not going to comment on why the soccer team didnt want to share locker rooms with you all.

"Jackson State" and "leased" in the same sentence. :lol:

Didn't Memorial read "Home of the Tigers" before the current deal?

Yall believe anything McClelland tells yall. GR cant believe you posted this sith...talking about OURS.

You cant be this stupid
tumblr_lxpmtglJkI1qimgo8.gif

Where do you all suppose to hang Strahan's banner?

DynamoOrange.jpg

And why do they have the seats and stadium labeled with "Dynamo"? And you all STILL think it's your stadium? LOL!!!!!!! Ok McClelland, if you say so.

Either way you look at it, this is a much better situation for TSU and it's Football program. Brand new facility, great parking lot locations for the stadium and Downtown H-Town to boot!

2012 will be exciting for TSU.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Congrats to Texas Southern....anything is better than what they are use to playing in. Its a damn shame that they just got something worth renting. But Charlie Mac aint got to lie to kick it.

what are the tailgating arrangements for RV?

But they could have done a neutral color seats like black.

They could have. But, they didn't.

Why?

I think a not so subtle message is being sent.

They can always put seat covers of the seats.

7707190.87.jpg

FF2g5.jpg

Seriously, nice stadium though. I can just feel the excitement right now by walking through the orange doors.

el-nuevo-estadio-del-dynamo-37_590x395.jpg

"Jackson State" and "leased" in the same sentence. :lol:

Didn't Memorial read "Home of the Tigers" before the current deal?

Lets see. The stadium colors are Blue and White our name is on that bad boy. We been playing in it for almost 40 years. Our Name is on the Score Board..Wait we just bought a new Scoreboard....We own it after paying next to nothing for it in the past 40 years.... Yeah this is similar...

SMH.

Did you guys sign your deal with AARONs....Naw they let you rent to own up in there...

It's interesting that they gave 1.5 million dollars toward the construction of this stadium and apparently had no input in its design.

I understand this is better than nothing and better than what you had.

I would still be offended by this obvious show of disrespect.

They can always put seat covers of the seats.

7707190.87.jpg

FF2g5.jpg

Seriously, nice stadium though. I can just feel the excitement right now by walking through the orange doors.

el-nuevo-estadio-del-dynamo-37_590x395.jpg

Black looks more like a Longhorns entrance to me...

Maybe TSU can add a third color and add it to there unis....The could just borrow Virginia Techs Unis....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back