APR

sorry TP, but all it means is that whoever wins the West next season will also be playing in the Celebration Bowl.
:snicker:

carry on.....

the key is retention and friendly majors that accept anything for transfers or student-athletes who have dreams of being an engineer and reality hits after your freshman season

you figure that out your APR should never be bad

That is student athletes who are WELL PREPARED from day one to study engineering. Most average high school graduates are a year or 2 behind in engineering studies as a college freshman.

I had a few teammates who were computer science and engineering majors. All of them had to make a choice to quit football, accept a bench spot or change majors by the time we were Juniors. All of their junior level courses interfered with practice.

I had a few teammates who were computer science and engineering majors. All of them had to make a choice to quit football, accept a bench spot or change majors by the time we were Juniors. All of their junior level courses interfered with practice.
That's kind of messed up.

yall doing at that Talking but if they win the EAST , duer sharp is gone let them play in both Championship games its only JSU banned in 2010 and 2011. so why even worry about APR its just cutting scholarships and playing time for practice but it does not affect post season play for the SWAC, we seen this every year now.

If they were great computer science and engineering students, I believe their College Dean would have found a way for them to stay in their majors and play football at the same time. Most good students don't need to attend some of their lecture classes to pass them. Smart and dedicated students who know how to follow their course syllabus can pass most of their classes without stepping a foot in those classes, which is pretty much how online courses are taught. What makes engineering difficult to be taught online are all those lab classes engineering students have to take, which are hands on learning with the equipment provided by the school.

Last edited:
yall doing at that Talking but if they win the EAST , duer sharp is gone let them play in both Championship games its only JSU banned in 2010 and 2011. so why even worry about APR its just cutting scholarships and playing time for practice but it does not affect post season play for the SWAC, we seen this every year now.
JSU was only banned one season... along with SU the same season (2011). The next season they played in the SCG.

If they were great computer science and engineering students, I believe their College Dean would have found a way for them to stay in their majors and play football at the same time. Most good students don't need to attend some of their lecture classes to pass them. Smart and dedicated students who know how to follow their course syllabus can pass most of their classes without stepping a foot in those classes, which is pretty much how online courses are taught.
That ain't happening. It wouldn't be smart to allow that anyway. The coach has to adjust his practice times (ala Odums) to accommodate as many players as possible.

sorry TP, but all it means is that whoever wins the West next season will also be playing in the Celebration Bowl.
:snicker:

carry on.....

Wrong MH:

What it means to them is a glimmer of hope that they can finish at least third in the East... We know it won't happen, but let them have the dream anyway.

That ain't happening. It wouldn't be smart to allow that anyway. The coach has to adjust his practice times (ala Odums) to accommodate as many players as possible.

Where did I say Odums or any coach have to adjust their schedule??? If there's a few football players with a 3.0 or above GPA majoring in engineering and are taking junior level engineering courses, I'm sure their college dean would find a way for them to play football and take one or two classes that conflicts with their football practices. I've seen where deans have gotten enough interest from different students to offer certain classes during the summer semesters so that certain people (mainly student athletes) who had conflicts in the fall and spring can take those classes and graduate on time. Like I previously stated, if those students were TOP computer science and engineering students, something would be done to make sure that they could participate in football and continue their initial studies.

Where did I say Odums or any coach have to adjust their schedule??? If there's a few football players with a 3.0 or above GPA majoring in engineering and are taking junior level engineering courses, I'm sure their college dean would find a way for them to play football and take one or two classes that conflicts with their football practices. I've seen where deans have gotten enough interest from different students to offer certain classes during the summer semesters so that certain people (mainly student athletes) who had conflicts in the fall and spring can take those classes and graduate on time. Like I previously stated, if those students were TOP computer science and engineering students, something would be done to make sure that they could participate in football and continue their initial studies.

Preach.

We need you to submit a resume' to PVAMU lol.

No I was saying Odums actually did that the last 2 seasons. He moved practices later to accommodate athlete class schedules. Deans are not changing schedules for athletes. Not happening. If you can find a way to do it online or in a cross-registration type deal they will accommodate, but if you have 2 athletes seeking a particular course at a time when it will inconvenience 20 other students, it ain't happening.

If they were great computer science and engineering students, I believe their College Dean would have found a way for them to stay in their majors and play football at the same time. Most good students don't need to attend some of their lecture classes to pass them. Smart and dedicated students who know how to follow their course syllabus can pass most of their classes without stepping a foot in those classes, which is pretty much how online courses are taught. What makes engineering difficult to be taught online are all those lab classes engineering students have to take, which are hands on learning with the equipment provided by the school.
I don't know if they were great or not.. The ones who quit football are doing pretty good in life right now I must say. Two of em just stayed an extra year after they finished playing to graduate and paid for it their selves. They all had to make a decision.

I remember my final semester, there was this young cat playing wr, who was battling for a spot that spring training and we had a 4 pm class on Tuesdays and Thursdays together. I agreed to take notes for him in class so he wouldn't miss practice and a chance to earn that scholarship.

It was the only time that class was offered and it was a required course.

No I was saying Odums actually did that the last 2 seasons. He moved practices later to accommodate athlete class schedules. Deans are not changing schedules for athletes. Not happening. If you can find a way to do it online or in a cross-registration type deal they will accommodate, but if you have 2 athletes seeking a particular course at a time when it will inconvenience 20 other students, it ain't happening.

I'm sure most deans are not going to change a schedule for a less than average student, but let it be one of their TOP students with an athletic scholarship with a conflict.

I remember my final semester, there was this young cat playing wr, who was battling for a spot that spring training and we had a 4 pm class on Tuesdays and Thursdays together. I agreed to take notes for him in class so he wouldn't miss practice and a chance to earn that scholarship.

Was the wr a TOP academic student?

Was the wr a TOP academic student?
of course not. You know most football players aren't top academic students. All I am saying is that universities should offer morning offerings for every required course. It would help athletes a lot.

I'm sure most deans are not going to change a schedule for a less than average student, but let it be one of their TOP students with an athletic scholarship with a conflict.

I take it that you've experienced it as well? :D

Back