Is it the SWAC fault a team is not playing in the FCS Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all, to get their attention. Look at the schools that these guys are from. Call them ADs and schedule a game. No home and home crap because you aint getting a return so FORGET about it. If your school is SO SERIOUS about showing FCS that we can compete and win, call Tenn Tech, Gardner Webb, Northern Iowa, Morehead State, Wofford, Holy Cross, New Hampshire, Central Connecticut State, Central Arkansas and Idaho State. Ask them to get on the schedule for 2016 or 2017. Then after you schedule them. Go beat them by 100 to show them who's boss. Beat them in front of their crowd. Take your band while you at it. Show them up at that too.

Then come FCS selection time. If there is a non BC or Soul Bowl team that is 9-2 or whatever. They will not get left out. Same goes for MEAC ADs.

yeah good luck with us giving up our 40K+ attended Championship game for the lowly playoffs. I totally support our second best teams going to the playoffs and I wish them well.
Ass backwards......move the dates around....send your best...not the second best. smh...smh...smh....

So all, to get their attention. Look at the schools that these guys are from. Call them ADs and schedule a game. No home and home crap because you aint getting a return so FORGET about it. If your school is SO SERIOUS about showing FCS that we can compete and win, call Tenn Tech, Gardner Webb, Northern Iowa, Morehead State, Wofford, Holy Cross, New Hampshire, Central Connecticut State, Central Arkansas and Idaho State. Ask them to get on the schedule for 2016 or 2017. Then after you schedule them. Go beat them by 100 to show them who's boss. Beat them in front of their crowd. Take your band while you at it. Show them up at that too.

Then come FCS selection time. If there is a non BC or Soul Bowl team that is 9-2 or whatever. They will not get left out. Same goes for MEAC ADs.

JR, if they won't do home-home..... pass on it. We supposed to be their beyotch? I wish JSU would.

JR, if they won't do home-home..... pass on it. We supposed to be their beyotch? I wish JSU would.

I am being sarcastic somewhat TP. This for the folks who insist on being included in the FCS playoff race.

JSU ain't going to do that. Neither is SU or Gram or some others. I don't think Bama State would either. But you know damn well the ND State's of the world aint coming to Baton Rouge , Jackson or Grambling or any of our HBCUs to play a game. The only way you get them to do that is go there and beat the isht out of them on their turf. Make them mad enough to want to return the favor. If they don't. You can always say you have scoreboard.

It is if you beat them or play close. And you get a big fat check along the way.

Seriously. It ain't rocket science we can do both.

If you can beat a FBS, you can beat a FCS.. much better use of your time and the better the chances for it to happen more than one. You can play NWState 4-5 times in 10 years.. How many times you gonna get to play Tulane? Not worth it!

If you can beat a FBS, you can beat a FCS.. much better use of your time and the better the chances for it to happen more than one. You can play NWState 4-5 times in 10 years.. How many times you gonna get to play Tulane? Not worth it!

Which part of you can do both are you missing?

Hell all we have to do is rotate the Southland conference schools. That will cover both Louisiana and Texas with a few perennial playoff contenders.

That beats playing the meac for a third of the schedule and give a hell of a lot more dividends IMO.

Thank you sir! It was staring me right in the face.

Mike Wilson, (chair, Tennessee Tech, Ohio Valley), (Gardner-Webb, Big South), Troy Dannen (Northern Iowa, Missouri Valley), Brian Hutchinson (Morehead State, Pioneer), Richard Johnson (Wofford, Southern), Nathan Pine (Holy Cross, Patriot), Marty Scarano (New Hampshire, Colonial), Paul Schlickmann (Central Connecticut State, Northeast), Dr. Brad Teague (Central Arkansas, Southland) and Jeff Tingey (Idaho State, Big Sky).

So there is a rep from every conference except Ivy, SWAC and MEAC.

Which part of you can do both are you missing?

What part of how likely is that to happen are you missing? Why play a game that you have 99.999% chance of losing. You would do better taking your chance at playing McNeese. Would be more likely to catch them slipping than LaTech.

Hell all we have to do is rotate the Southland conference schools. That will cover both Louisiana and Texas with a few perennial playoff contenders.

That beats playing the meac for a third of the schedule and give a hell of a lot more dividends IMO.

yeah but who is gonna do it?

I agree with most of what you are saying. If we had the seven game mandate. The SWAC could play the Southland Conference schools on a yearl basis and still play a MEAC School.

We aint sending nobody. That's why the MEAC and SWAC took that deal ESPN is offering. When you got schools like SC State trying to keep their doors open. I am sure their AD and President would love to go spend money on the playoffs just to show who's boss.
I'm sure 50K will save the school.

I'm sure 50K will save the school.

What is your recruiting budget? Im sure $50K can pay for you an assistant coach or a S&C coach... Your band can't even put 50 people on the field and you talkin about money you don't need.. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back