Bayou Classic is moving from NBC to NBC Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would that prove?

It's doesn't matter what the ratings are, they aren't ours. Geesh!

At the end of the day you were wrong. NBCSN is not their second tier channel, it's their main sports channel.

Just say my bad, I wasn't as up to date as I thought and keep it moving.

This game moving to NBC Sports is a sign of worst things to come with this network. I called this the first time the made it known that they were playing the replay on their other station.

I don't want this game on ESPN either.

This game moving to NBC Sports is a sign of worst things to come with this network. I called this the first time the made it known that they were playing the replay on their other station.

I don't want this game on ESPN either.

Let me guess. You want it on BET or TVOne

Lol.....listening to you guys, one would think changing channels took an act of Congress. Geesh

Stop being trifling and look them up yourself.

What do you take me for?

A search engine?
LOL, come on blue. Remember, I'm one of those too lazy to change the channel people. Just post the ratings for me, please? Help my lazy ass out. :snicker:

LOL, come on blue. Remember, I'm one of those too lazy to change the channel people. Just post the ratings for me, please? Help my lazy ass out. :snicker:

Man I'm to tired for all that. I was out in that hot ass heat this morning watching my son practice and that drain the hell out of me.

I'll say this, they are still trying to get their feet wet but they've held their own and even beaten ESPN a few times. Which is no different then NBC network has done.

Yeah i do. You press power, guide, search, enter.

That's about as advanced as it can get for ya playa.

Tell you what...when the Bayou Classic is shuffled off to streaming pay-per-view, don't get mad and start hunting for a descrambler box. Just remember your old buddies at TSPN tried to warn you.

Tell you what...when the Bayou Classic is shuffled off to streaming pay-per-view, don't get mad and start hunting for a descrambler box. Just remember your old buddies at TSPN tried to warn you.
Yeah yall are experts at having to stream your classic live.

Oh Yes, it will be a problem. This isn't the 90s JR. This is a different type breed of HBCU Fan. Many people even in August 2015 don't even know we are having a Celebration Bowl. Radio Stations should be blowing up the Airwaves about the game RIGHT NOW.

I have to give credit to JSU and TN State. They are ON TOP of the Southern Heritage Classic when it comes to Promotion and Information.
Your right because Fred Jones told my dad that they start working on the classic two weeks after the game . He said they meet every Wednesday up til dec evaluating that years classic and seeing what needs to improve and securing new local sponsors. Then first of the year he works on events and promoting the classic to the Memphis community

The fact that you're using the words descrambler box and TSPN in the same sentence, is pretty telling about how often you actually get out.

Well the Bayou Classic was a success before television. So this is something I harp on ever since I've been on the board..and that's the fans and fan support make a program or break it because of a lack thereof-. If BC continue to get great attendance it will take care of itself. Even if there was no broadcast of the BC the BC would survive because of the fans. Just look at the JSU-SU game...it still draws a lot of fans but yet no TV of the game. But the game is still a success. On the other hand being that I'm cancelling DIRECTV and I'm not going to cable. I will miss this classic.. :(

Well the Bayou Classic was a success before television. So this is something I harp on ever since I've been on the board..and that's the fans and fan support make a program or break it because of a lack thereof-. If BC continue to get great attendance it will take care of itself. Even if there was no broadcast of the BC the BC would survive because of the fans. Just look at the JSU-SU game...it still draws a lot of fans but yet no TV of the game. But the game is still a success. On the other hand being that I'm cancelling DIRECTV and I'm not going to cable. I will miss this classic.. :(

No you won't, that's the point of the switch

Last edited:
Some clowning going on in here.

Im gonna wait one more week before I go into full blown JSU trash talk mode. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back