Bayou Classic is moving from NBC to NBC Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
the game was a success regionally prior to TV but it hit the national scene thanks to NBC and the Thanksgiving time slot...folks from all over were in New Orleans for everything except the game

both schools has enrollments near 10K during that time also and I think the also propelled SU's band into more mainstream also as the bandheads would watch that also

The fact that you're using the words descrambler box and TSPN in the same sentence, is pretty telling about how often you actually get out.

3798962-4724566330-379887.jpeg

the game was a success regionally prior to TV but it hit the national scene thanks to NBC and the Thanksgiving time slot...folks from all over were in New Orleans for everything except the game

both schools has enrollments near 10K during that time also and I think the also propelled SU's band into more mainstream also as the bandheads would watch that also

lol.......The Bayou Classic was a national event before the NBC came into play. Folks were jamming N.O. airport in the 70's to attend the BC.....You're a youngster so you just don't know any better. Review this clip from 1976...

SU folks, nobody is saying the BC won't continue being successful. All people are saying is the exposure takes a hit on the national stage. I don't see what's so infuriating about other people acknowledging that.

SU folks, nobody is saying the BC won't continue being successful. All people are saying is the exposure takes a hit on the national stage. I don't see what's so infuriating about other people acknowledging that.

It has nothing to do with being infuriated. Just black folks immediately being negative about something they have absolutely no insight on, has gotten old as dirt.

Again, it was a regional thing it didn't have the essence like appeal until the late 80s and it turned into a monster in the 90s as nbc brought it to homes of the casual fan and that began the jacked up hotel rates ...how will the non casual hbcu fan even see the game now?

It was on bet before that but few watched like nbc

Again, it was a regional thing it didn't have the essence like appeal until the late 80s and it turned into a monster in the 90s as nbc brought it to homes of the casual fan and that began the jacked up hotel rates ...how will the non casual hbcu fan even see the game now?

Black folks can come up with some of the dumbest shit to say and think it make sense.

I would think if they were a NON-CASUAL FAN, that means they are a huge hbcu fan. If they are a huge hbcu fan, it stands to reason that they are a huge sports fan.

If they are a huge sports fan, it stands to reason they own sports packages and they are smart enough to know how the press power, guide, search, than enter.

How is the NON-CASUAL FAN going to watch?

SMH

I'm not sure if your post is sincere ignorance or conscientious stupidity though I believe it's the latter. First you stated it wasn't a national event until the 90's which was a cheesy lie, now you're attempting to change the narrative. Of course it reached more people in the 90's due to the NBC coverage. Like I stated earlier, look at the tape and stop making things up. Regional my azz.....lol. The game also was on Turner Broadcasting Network prior to NBC. While this was your pre Similac days, the BC was the largest sporting event for black people in America well before NBC and 1991. Folks flew in from all over America to attend. Look at the You Tube video I posted earlier or continue to wallop in ignorance with that revisionist history you're spewing.....GTFOHWTBS

Last edited:

Not true TBF. It was national even back in the day.

Like I said, I got another week before I talk serious trash so right now I will take the MIGHTY HORNET HIGH ROAD.

Both of yall have good seasons, finish 10-1 with losses to JSU, (sorry..could not leave that out), fill the dome and another network will pick it up. There is a lot of sports space that need to be filled these days on live tv during the holidays.

Campus enrollment don't lie

National in the 70s wasn't the national in the 90s as NBC helped

The actual game was more popular before NBC...NBC made the event more mainstream

And you think that all had to do with one game?

He is reaching.......Southern U was the largest HBCU in America in the 70's. The more he posts, the more it shows he has no earthly idea what he is talking about.......Hell everyone knew who Eddie Robinson was at the time and Grambling was a household name; Eddie even made appearances on ABC with Howard Cosell....

Last edited:
And having an open enrollment than going to closed enrollment had nothing to do with it at all I guess huh, inventor of the wheel?

blah, blah, blah...did everyone have TVs at that times compared to the 90s?

just admit it, you went from a free product to a paid product but no one has explained why NBC parted ways

Man the bayou classic was always popular when B.E.T use to cover it in the 80s. Bayou classic the name speak for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back