APR

Wrong MH:

What it means to them is a glimmer of hope that they can finish at least third in the East... We know it won't happen, but let them have the dream anyway.

Dude you just finished your season 0-3 .. 0 and frigging 3 and you talking about someone else? We gonna stomp a hole in Alabama A&M.

yall doing at that Talking but if they win the EAST , duer sharp is gone let them play in both Championship games its only JSU banned in 2010 and 2011. so why even worry about APR its just cutting scholarships and playing time for practice but it does not affect post season play for the SWAC, we seen this every year now.

I agree with you... but I don't wanna drift too far away from the subject...

What part of the sanction will keep AlaState out of Houston (aside from the azz whooping they bout to take?)

We all know the APR ban does not cover the SCG.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
of course not. You know most football players aren't top academic students. All I am saying is that universities should offer morning offerings for every required course. It would help athletes a lot.

In that case, you wasted your time. You took notes for someone that probably wasn't going to review them in the first place. That dude would have paid me to do something like that for him. LOL!!!

MH,

If so, will BAMA State appeal the ruling? :snicker:
Wait, I am sure Josh Moon has the answer.. Be right back... LOL

The smacking on the sports board though...smh

PVAMU, MVSU, & AlaSU need to shore up our academic accountability so the SWAC can be 100% compliant. It's been what, 11 yrs of APR(?), right? So, what's the excuse?

oooh, I think I see wats going on here.. Since AlaState can't go to the Celebration Bowl, some people think they can't go to the SCG... but ummm, I STILL need to see that in writing from the SWAC office. We know how they roll.. backwards! And while I am not ASU fan, that would not be fair to them. The SWAC has already set a precedent of letting post-season ineligible teams play in the conference title games. No need to treat AlaState as if they are JSU now.

www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/academic-progress-rate-qa

How is APR calculated?

It’s a term-by-term calculation of the eligibility and retention of all student-athletes. A score of a thousand means every student-athlete on that team stayed eligible and returned to school. You begin losing points for students who are not eligible and/or are not retained.

Why did the NCAA raise the APR requirement to 930?

Our membership wanted to anchor postseason eligibility against a rate that predicted a 50 percent graduation rate. They felt that was a minimum standard that a team must achieve in order to have access to postseason competition and not be subject to penalties.

oooh, I think I see wats going on here.. Since AlaState can't go to the Celebration Bowl, some people think they can't go to the SCG... but ummm, I STILL need to see that in writing from the SWAC office. We know how they roll.. backwards! And while I am not ASU fan, that would not be fair to them. The SWAC has already set a precedent of letting post-season ineligible teams play in the conference title games. No need to treat AlaState as if they are JSU now.

I don't think they will let Bama State go to the championship this year... because if they were to win and go... ESPN would bring it too PLENTY of times during the telecast of the Celebration Bowl when they aren't playing in it.

I don't think they will let Bama State go to the championship this year... because if they were to win and go... ESPN would bring it too PLENTY of times during the telecast of the Celebration Bowl when they aren't playing in it.

They already set the precedent with su......two straight years

Last edited:

DaHill,I don't really see a way around it. Again.. LOL.. AlaState will not get to Houston but if they did, and won... the loser of the game would go to Atlanta. Sad situation but the precedent has been set. Didn't that JUST happen in basketball?

Also, the SWAC Presidents just met and no vote on that came out to the public so we can only assume that the old rule stands. They wouldn't change that rule unless it was JSU with the bad APR... lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DaHill,I don't really see a way around it. Again.. LOL.. AlaState will not get to Houston but if they did, and won... the loser of the game would go to Atlanta. Sad situation but the precedent has been set. Didn't that JUST happen in basketball?

Also, the SWAC Presidents just met and no vote on that came out to the public so we can only assume that the old rule stands. They wouldn't change that rule unless it was JSU with the bad APR... lol
True

TP is right. The precedent has been set. If Bama State wins, Bama State has to go to ATL.

Last edited:
TP is right. The precedent has to be set. If Bama State wins, Bama State has to go to ATL.
No, I disagree. Bama State won't go to Atl (at least not this year for the Celebration Bowl). But Bama State will indeed go to Houston and win the SCG. The SWAC precedent that has been set is that APR sanctions don't disqualify a team's participation in the conference championship games (football, bbball, baseball).
Go back to my earlier post about whoever wins the West will be coming to Atlanta.

Back