Derrick Rose out again, will undergo surgery for torn meniscus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about making noise in the playoffs (whatever that means). It's about winning the championship. The Bulls can't do that without a healthy Rose.

I know right. I damn near shedded a tear upon hearing of this latest injury. To watch this guy go through these injuries have been very painful for me.

Oh so it was predicted that the Hawks would be a top team this year, right?

Hawks won't make it pass the second round. It is all but guaranteed the Cavs are coming out of the East. Just like it was the last four years with the Heat.

Hawks won't make it pass the second round. It is all but guaranteed the Cavs are coming out of the East. Just like it was the last four years with the Heat.
It's all about matchups. The Cavs would struggle with a team like the Wizards in the playoffs. The Bulls still have a lot of offense but just need to focus more on defense.

It's all about matchups. The Cavs would struggle with a team like the Wizards in the playoffs. The Bulls still have a lot of offense but just need to focus more on defense.

I seriously doubt the Cavs would struggle with the Wizards although it would be a good competitive series too watch.

I seriously doubt the Cavs would struggle with the Wizards although it would be a good competitive series too watch.
Here's the thing that a lot of people are overlooking. The Cavs don't have any players that they KNOW can step up in the playoffs. In a series, teams are able to learn what a player likes to do by the 3rd or 4th game.

Lucky for the Bulls, Butler has stepped up and could be an All-Star if he stays in Chicago and becomes the man and Tibbs stays as the coach

Unfortunately for the Bulls, the style they play won't carry them to the Finals. Without Rose last year, they still made it to the 2nd Round but with no offense they were bounced. Even with Pau, I don't trust them past the second round.

D Rose needs to do what Westbrook is doing NOW (not 10-30 shooting Westbrook) and become a distributor who can score. He can't get back to the MVP Rose but he definitely could do what D Wade is doing in Miami and give them 55-60 games a season managed (I don't know if Chicago will do that)

Lucky for the Bulls, Butler has stepped up and could be an All-Star if he stays in Chicago and becomes the man and Tibbs stays as the coach

Unfortunately for the Bulls, the style they play won't carry them to the Finals. Without Rose last year, they still made it to the 2nd Round but with no offense they were bounced. Even with Pau, I don't trust them past the second round.

D Rose needs to do what Westbrook is doing NOW (not 10-30 shooting Westbrook) and become a distributor who can score. He can't get back to the MVP Rose but he definitely could do what D Wade is doing in Miami and give them 55-60 games a season managed (I don't know if Chicago will do that)
Butler IS/WAS an All-Star this year. We have more offense this year with Pau, Aaron Brooks, Nikola and (now)Tony Snell scoring. As long as Noah improves for the rest of the season, we'll be okay.

But is Rose really one of the team's best players this year? In many ways, he's been a hindrance to the team's success.
Exactly! Rose was good but not the best player nor the 2nd best. He never tried to adapt to how his team was playing and was still jacking up 20+ shots in most games.

But is Rose really one of the team's best players this year? In many ways, he's been a hindrance to the team's success.

While he's been up and down this season, Rose's presence is a big reason why they were considered one of the favorites to win the championship this year.

With him gone, they aren't the favorites with the composition of the roster. You can say they have Butler, Gasol or depth, but your taking 18 to 20 points a game off the floor. Your taking a guy off
the floor who can create his own shot, who the other team has to game plan for.

In a seven-game series this matters.

Tony Snell, Aaron Brooks, Hinrich are supposed to be complimentary players, not to carry more of a load. Compare that to Lowery, Irving and Beal and Wall who the Bulls would have to face to get out of the East.

The loss of Rose changes the landscape of the team and the East.

While he's been up and down this season, Rose's presence is a big reason why they were considered one of the favorites to win the championship this year.

With him gone, they aren't the favorites with the composition of the roster. You can say they have Butler, Gasol or depth, but your taking 18 to 20 points a game off the floor. Your taking a guy off
the floor who can create his own shot, who the other team has to game plan for.

In a seven-game series this matters.

Tony Snell, Aaron Brooks, Hinrich are supposed to be complimentary players, not to carry more of a load. Compare that to Lowery, Irving and Beal and Wall who the Bulls would have to face to get out of the East.

The loss of Rose changes the landscape of the team and the East.
Dude that during the preseason why he was a favorite. When the actual season started, Butler improving on offense and Gasol playing like he's in his prime has carried the Bulls this year, not D.Rose. Rose was a ballhog this year.Snell, Butler, Nikola and Brooks are capable of creating their own shots. Not once have you mentioned defense, which is the thing that really wins championships.

Dude that during the preseason why he was a favorite. When the actual season started, Butler improving on offense and Gasol playing like he's in his prime has carried the Bulls this year, not D.Rose. Rose was a ballhog this year.Snell, Butler, Nikola and Brooks are capable of creating their own shots. Not once have you mentioned defense, which is the thing that really wins championships.

And aside from Butler, those guys can't defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back