So, How Crazy Is Brian Jenkins?

My boy JM is still around here? Oh boy!!!!! Hey JM, don't let these few Hornets fans ruffle your feathers man. You're doing a GREAT job on your investigation and reporting. Keep up the good work.

Another truth to all of this is that if JSU along with another 6 of our SWAC school could have they too would have fired their coaches in December and hired this same Jenkins knowing the same issues being investigated so stop with the fronting folks!

Another truth to all of this is that if JSU along with another 6 of our SWAC school could have they too would have fired their coaches in December and hired this same Jenkins knowing the same issues being investigated so stop with the fronting folks!
A lie don't care who tells it. Especially when it comes from Texas. Our coach wasn't never going anywhere after last year. We don't fire coaches after resigning them to contracts months before.

That's the "ghetto" way and only 3 schools I know do things that way. And one of them is the one we're talking about now. One is in the heart of Houston's 3rd ward and the other is in Scotlandville.

A lie don't care who tells it. Especially when it comes from Texas. Our coach wasn't never going anywhere after last year. We don't fire coaches after resigning them to contracts months before.

That's the "ghetto" way and only 3 schools I know do things that way. And one of them is the one we're talking about now. One is in the heart of Houston's 3rd ward and the other is in Scotlandville.

This from one of the biggest liars on the board and one of the "ghetto" schools...Umm yeah your school would have hired Jenkins just like you tried in 2014!

DCG,
Come on now. I know you smacking but no one but Bama State would have did this. I don't think we would have hired him IF we knew about all of these allegations. I also don't believe that we would have our coach sign a new contract and then try to fire him 90 days later. That is simply bad business. Hell, you see what Grambling went through with Doug over that contract stuff.

We got a coach under contract. Jenkins had no chance after using us to get that last raise at BCU. He was making the exact same amount as we gave Jackson.

What's funny is if he had taken the JSU job last year, none of these allegations would've come up. Our beat writer isn't resourceful enough to conduct this sort of investigation. And no one would've questioned his leaving BCU for JSU and a big raise. Leaving for ASU with a cut in base pay raised a lot of questions on it's own.

Here's one of the comments from a reader: "ASU has become the laughing stock of the state. When will it end? Its like a three rings circus over there: The right hand doesn't have a clue what the left hand is doing. I think its time to seriously consider shutting it down and reopening as another university entirely. I know a lot of folks would be upset to close an HBC but is this any better? I imagine its hard to be proud of an institution that is in such disarray and has been for years. Does ANYONE care about the students? After all, they are the reason for its existence in the first place."

Here's one of the comments from a reader: "ASU has become the laughing stock of the state. When will it end? Its like a three rings circus over there: The right hand doesn't have a clue what the left hand is doing. I think its time to seriously consider shutting it down and reopening as another university entirely. I know a lot of folks would be upset to close an HBC but is this any better? I imagine its hard to be proud of an institution that is in such disarray and has been for years. Does ANYONE care about the students? After all, they are the reason for its existence in the first place."

As a rule I don't pay attention to those comments. You ever notice the nutty comments on JSU articles in the CL?

ASU has problems(like everyone else) and the Jenkins/Barlow thing is turning into a fiasco. But let's not go overboard and start taking the low road like MH and crew. I actually feel sorry for them.

The thing about ASU that seems to stand out is that there seems to no actions to fix the problems. It has been one thing after the next for the past three years. The President Silver debacle, the political firing of the Stacey Danley, the whole fight with SACS, the trustees pimping out the school, the attacks from the board on President Boyd, etc...

Everyone has problems but at some point, somebody has to say enough and try to fix things.

The thing about ASU that seems to stand out is that there seems to no actions to fix the problems. It has been one thing after the next for the past three years. The President Silver debacle, the political firing of the Stacey Danley, the whole fight with SACS, the trustees pimping out the school, the attacks from the board on President Boyd, etc...

Everyone has problems but at some point, somebody has to say enough and try to fix things.

The problem at ASU is their board of trustees. Everyone on that board seems to have their own agenda apart from the institution. Makes me appreciate the mississippi external board model.

But I'm not gloating over their problems. Even when they have full threads about a problem we don't have(expensive stadium) while overlooking their own issues.

As a rule I don't pay attention to those comments. You ever notice the nutty comments on JSU articles in the CL?

ASU has problems(like everyone else) and the Jenkins/Barlow thing is turning into a fiasco. But let's not go overboard and start taking the low road like MH and crew. I actually feel sorry for them.

The comment posted actually made sense and was quite valid. Problems at Bama State have been going on for decades with no end in sight no matter whose on the board.

It's almost a given that by this time next year, there'll be another major fiasco at the school.

The comment posted actually made sense and was quite valid. Problems at Bama State have been going on for decades with no end in sight no matter whose on the board.

It's almost a given that by this time next year, there'll be another major fiasco at the school.
Another? Try three.

Back