Will anyone in the SWAC make Grambling play honest football?

Alabama St front 7 is way better.

I don't know about that, maybe they are in a conventional defense but in Gramblings Blitzing scheme I can't see it.

A pistol trips left formation (with a dynamic RB - running & catching on that weak side) is the only thing I see that could hurt Gram's D the way it is currently constructed. This potentially could free coverage up on your best Wideout who would be lined up one on one on the right as well.
But as Bleedblk&gold said. Your QB better be mobile, accurate on the run & have a quick trigger cause those LBs are coming hard.

I don't know about that, maybe they are in a conventional defense but in Gramblings Blitzing scheme I can't see it.

A pistol trips left formation (with a dynamic RB - running & catching on that weak side) is the only thing I see that could hurt Gram's D the way it is currently constructed. This potentially could free coverage up on your best Wideout who would be lined up one on one on the right as well.
But as Bleedblk&gold said. Your QB better be mobile, accurate on the run & have a quick trigger cause those LBs are coming hard.

We shall see. :) . You are judging Grams front 7 vs Valley lol. And they gave up plenty of yards on the ground and thru the air.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nupe,

I picked us to win 8 games this year. Almost there.

Did you expect a team that won 3 games in the previous 2 seasons to steam role people? Hell I expect us to beat SU by 3 or less. Truth be told not one GSU Alum thought we would be in this position this year. Not one!!!

I talk shit because I love my school. Hell I talked shit the season after we won 1 game....but Fobbs has motivated this team and if we win by 1 point then I'm hapy for the W. Quite frankly I'm glad we are not steam rolling people. It keeps us ground.

JSU matches up well with Gram but they are poorly coached. Valley did too..same problem (defensive issues aside).

Our o-line is poorly coached. Either that or they are just slap sorry. BUT we had a pretty good o-line last year so I just think it the coaching. The rest of the offense can't do what it needs to do because of the o-line. As for the first post... yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the GSU defense BUT I do agree that they dare you to pass .. in JSU's case, we threw two ints but the two fumbles we lost were just as costly than the INTs. We lost 5 turnovers vs GSU and THREE of them could have been avoided... now THAT part was bad overall coaching.

SU was missing it's DB's, O and D-linemen, LB's and 3 RB's. Against PV and Alcorn our starters had to play on special teams. We had Tillery running down on kickoffs and punt returns because we had no depth then. Again always wrong.

OK, remember this when you get whooped again!

Grambling is in transition, i guarantee you won't see the same team every week, the coaching staff is playing a chess game trying new schemes etc, if your team focuses on one game from Gram, they will lose.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Grambling is in transition, i guarantee you won't see the same team every week, the coaching staff is playing a chess game trying new schemes etc, if your team focuses on one game from Gram, they will lose.

We are fans not coaches lol. But the report I got from a all SWAC 90's GSU Tiger seems to be dead on. I will say this, Gram coaches has done a great job of hiding their weakness.

this thread isn't based off one game though. I watched them the week before as well. They make some slight adjustments with gap control but this is pretty much their style of play.

We are fans not coaches lol. But the report I got from a all SWAC 90's GSU Tiger seems to be dead on. I will say this, Gram coaches has done a great job of hiding their weakness.

You do know that's what coaches are supposed to do until they get the players they want and need for what the staff really wants to do? The G-Men are well coached and knows how to adjust. Nothing more, nothing less. Hell you could have fooled me with the not coaches statement, hell i see a lot of them in this thread.

:lmao::lmao:

Every defense has its weaknesses. The 3-3-5 is no different. How to beat it is well documented and not that difficult to figure out. Fobbs just observed that most of the offenses he plays against don't have the discipline or talent to defeat it consistently. And he's been right thus far.

Back