Yard Time 2012

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, it's that time of the year again for us to start getting our yards together.

This past weekend, we did cut the yard and bagged up 6 bags of leaves in our front yard (all them oak tree leaves). Put some fertilizer down and trying to get my yard back up to par after the big drought we had last year. I think I'm gonna finally break down and get a sprinkler system installed.

Has anyone else started on their yards?

I started pulling weeds out this weekend. Last two years with my mom being sick I got behind on my yard. I am going to bring it back this year.

Yes.

My yard man just called me a couple of hours ago. He should be at my house mowing now. Thanks for reminding me that I have to stop by his house to pay him on the way home. I'll probably have him add a little to the landscaping in the next few weeks.

Ok, it's that time of the year again for us to start getting our yards together.

This past weekend, we did cut the yard and bagged up 6 bags of leaves in our front yard (all them oak tree leaves). Put some fertilizer down and trying to get my yard back up to par after the big drought we had last year. I think I'm gonna finally break down and get a sprinkler system installed.

Has anyone else started on their yards?

Not yet! I will get started next month. I usually do my own yard so I have a lot of work to do this year.

Just had my first seasonal lawn cut and then applied this stuff to my yard. I was told by the lady at the nursery to wait two weeks and then apply Dimensions. Then she says try the Weed & Feed. Last year was the WORST year I've ever had since I've been living in this house...going on 20 years, now.

For the past two years I've been using True Green/Chem Lawn (one bought the other out), and they've already done their pre-emergent , but I think I'm done with them this year. It's too costly, besides they got the worse of everything now I should be able to handle and maintain on my own.

What do you guys do to stop the birds from eating your fertilizer especially after you just put it down?

Yes.

My yard man just called me a couple of hours ago. He should be at my house mowing now. Thanks for reminding me that I have to stop by his house to pay him on the way home. I'll probably have him add a little to the landscaping in the next few weeks.

Yard Man :retard:

This is for folks that do their own yard.....

Haven't started, but I will get the yard man out...gonna try something different this year.

There they go again with that yard man stuff...... :whatever:

Not yet! I will get started next month. I usually do my own yard so I have a lot of work to do this year.

That's what this thread is all about. We usually will put pictures up as the season goes along so folks can see what we have.

Just had my first seasonal lawn cut and then applied this stuff to my yard. I was told by the lady at the nursery to wait two weeks and then apply Dimensions. Then she says try the Weed & Feed. Last year was the WORST year I've ever had since I've been living in this house...going on 20 years, now.

Just use Scott's Bonus S
TBWS_BonusS_09F_140x233.jpg

Just use Scott's Bonus S
TBWS_BonusS_09F_140x233.jpg

I did two applications last year and those freaking weeds I had gobbled it up like it was breast milk. I had Virginia buttonweed running like a Jamaican sprinter!!

So I did the next best thing by going to the nursery my neighbor went to.... We'll see.

This will be my first year with a yard to get out there and do somethings with. I'm going to get out this coming weekend and pull the weeds by hand, rake up leaves and branches, and see about putting down some Bermuda grass seed. I need to get some dirt to put down in the back yard too. House used to have an above ground pool that the previous owner took out and there's nothing but sand there now. I read that you can put dirt down on top of the sand, put the grass seed down, cover the seed with dirt, and you should start getting grass to grow in the sand. I'll be trying that out. Hope it works.

Put pre-emergence for broad leaf weed and fertilizer down the last week of Jan. It worked. Have not cut yet but bumuda is beginning to grow.

We've had 3 times as much rain so far this year then we had the entire 2011 year.

We've had 3 times as much rain so far this year then we had the entire 2011 year.

~thumbsup~

Got rid of ABC lawn care and started doing my own. Not messing with the backyard at the moment, but front yard is doing better than last year at this point. Used the Scott's Bonus S. Need to start putting down some granules for all these anthills that sprouted up though...

I did my third cut for the year today. I have a few clovers I need to get rid of. Other than that, i'm satisfied. I have had a ton of rain so I have not had to water or fertilize.

I have attached a few pictures.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333138768348.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333138768348.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333138792557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333138792557.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333138817072.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333138817072.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Looking good but you need to put something down to help get rid of the clovers.

Weed B Gone or any broad leaf herbicide will work. If you wait, The sun will eventually kill the clover.

After we finish cutting the yard yesterday....

Front - you can see some of the damage from last year. Trying to get those runners to fill in that spot.
6890069324_668a2561e1.jpg

Side
7036274975_1fe0dac60e.jpg

Back
7036272227_1f5384c0c6.jpg

Back