Windows Phone 7 Series

Unless this phone grows legs and walks on water, it's too late for Windows Mobile. RIM, iPhone, and Android have all shot way past Windows Mobile and there's no way they'll be catching up.

That "People" page he's talking about...Android already does that. Someone updates their photo, status, or personal info on Facebook, it's automatically sent to your phone. People change their profile image on Facebook and it changes their profile image on my phone. I'm constantly logged into Facebook even though the I'm not using the actual app. I think the iPhone might do the same thing. That's nothing new.

Honestly, the ONLY thing that makes this phone worth a little is the XBox Live intergration. Everything else they are showing has already been done and is being done better.

And what's even worse...this won't even be out until "holidays 2010" at least. Giving the iPhone, Google, and even RIM time to get more distance between them and Microsoft. Good luck with the wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Unless this phone grows legs and walks on water, it's too late for Windows Mobile. RIM, iPhone, and Android have all shot way past Windows Mobile and there's no way they'll be catching up.

That "People" page he's talking about...Android already does that. Someone updates their photo, status, or personal info on Facebook, it's automatically sent to your phone. People change their profile image on Facebook and it changes their profile image on my phone. I'm constantly logged into Facebook even though the I'm not using the actual app. I think the iPhone might do the same thing. That's nothing new.

Honestly, the ONLY thing that makes this phone worth a little is the XBox Live intergration. Everything else they are showing has already been done and is being done better.

And what's even worse...this won't even be out until "holidays 2010" at least. Giving the iPhone, Google, and even RIM time to get more distance between them and Microsoft. Good luck with the wait.

Antroy....u might wanna re-read my post man. As for waiting even if I were to think about purchasing this phone, I like every one else on the planet would have to wait. There aren't any that jumps right off the drawing board that I know of.

As someone that's been a dedicated winmo user for like the past 5 years I have to say I agree with Antroy.. winmo waited WAY too long to change their OS. They should have been trying to do this instead of just using the same ol OS and relying on HTC to cover it up with their sense add ons. Plus if you look at the specs its pretty obvious a lot of their functions they did a carbon copy of the iphone.

nobody wants a phone with the words WINDOWS in front of it no more..... its almost as UNPOPULAR as a Palm Device. We cant GIVE AWAY Palm phones... we have dropped the price down to $50 for a Pre Plus and $30 for a Palm Pixi AND given away the mobile 3g hotspot feature (a $40 feature) FREE.... we still cant sell them.

nobody wants a phone with the words WINDOWS in front of it no more..... its almost as UNPOPULAR as a Palm Device. We cant GIVE AWAY Palm phones... we have dropped the price down to $50 for a Pre Plus and $30 for a Palm Pixi AND given away the mobile 3g hotspot feature (a $40 feature) FREE.... we still cant sell them.

What's wrong with the Palm phones? Just curious.

Plus if you look at the specs its pretty obvious a lot of their functions they did a carbon copy of the iphone.

That is the biggest mistake right there. Window Phone 7 has the potential to be a game changer if they would have made it something different from another iPhone clone. Also, cost is a factor. I was a long time WinMo user also and I spent more on apps than I did on the phone. With Android I have yet to buy one single app and I have about 20 of them. I think if Microsoft can turn the cell phone into something like a mini Xbox 360 or do something in the business community RIM is not doing they might have a shot. But the way things are going now for Microsoft they might be out of the phone business soon.

The thing that puzzles me the most, the phone integrates with xbox live and does what? Play madden, watch movies, post on facebook,down load music …..like you said, been there done that.

What's wrong with the Palm phones? Just curious.

actually its a pretty nice phone... i play around with it from time to time... Palms just arent popular anymore.... I guess when people think of Palms they think of the big Palm Treos.... as of now Palms are on their last leg.

actually its a pretty nice phone... i play around with it from time to time... Palms just arent popular anymore.... I guess when people think of Palms they think of the big Palm Treos.... as of now Palms are on their last leg.

Palm has the same problem that Samsung had when they came out with the Instinct. They built it up like it was this game changing phone (an I'll admit that some of the things new Palm OS does is nice) but it just didn't get any kind of traction with consumers. The consumers didn't come, so the companies didn't come offering money to Palm so that they could get the code for WebOS and create the coveted apps everybody is big on now.
Then came Google with its free, open-source OS called Android and Palm's chances (and Microsoft's Windows 7 chances) were pretty much wiped out.

I'll be honest. A year ago, Windows 7 mobile would have been a really good OS and put Microsoft back in the cell phone market. Now, they'll be lucky if they can get 4th place behind Apple, Google, and RIM/BlackBerry. If Microsoft was smart, they could have released BOTH Windows 7 and Windows Phone 7 at the same time and created a big hype about the improvements of BOTH systems.

After iit's all said and done most phone are like most cars, they are a matter of taste and at the end of the day most of them get you where you're going.

Side Note; I never knew of microsoft ever being in the phone business, it's more accurate to said that they were in the software/operating system business.

I think this will be their first adventure actually at trying their hand at a phone.

I could be wrong.

By the time this comes out, nobody is going to care about it. Kinda like Dr. Dre's "Detox" album. The buzz would have died long before this comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man I can't get with that WinPhone 7 interface. It's one thing on a Zine but it ain't translating to the phone. They could have had somethin with their xbox live integration but now Apple will beat them to the punch. But they still do have one thing which will be the playing of live arcade games on the phone. Xbox devs will automatically be making wp7 games. But there better move cuz Google hired an ex big wig from Sony that was on play station to come in and get them deep into games. Expect to see the same type of gaming network on Android.

I honestly believe that smartphones will be the next gen game consoles this time around. And it not this time then for sure the next. They have already started putting GPU's in the phones like this Incredible and Samsung Galaxy S coming later this year. And the Evo comin this summer has 720p output.

Well, the perception of Palm may change now that HP has acquired them for $1.2 billion.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2010/100428xa.html

Man I can't get with that WinPhone 7 interface. It's one thing on a Zine but it ain't translating to the phone. They could have had somethin with their xbox live integration but now Apple will beat them to the punch. But they still do have one thing which will be the playing of live arcade games on the phone. Xbox devs will automatically be making wp7 games. But there better move cuz Google hired an ex big wig from Sony that was on play station to come in and get them deep into games. Expect to see the same type of gaming network on Android.

I honestly believe that smartphones will be the next gen game consoles this time around. And it not this time then for sure the next. They have already started putting GPU's in the phones like this Incredible and Samsung Galaxy S coming later this year. And the Evo comin this summer has 720p output.

I like the Windows Phone 7 interface because it seems to be good for bad eye sight and it looks like you want have to be fumbling with a lot of crap just to make a phone call. My problem is going to be the price of the apps. When I was into WoMo I paid as much as $54 for an app that I got for free with Android. Also, the need for a smartphone use to be for business. Now it looks like they are for everything but. I think Microsoft need to get back to business with a smartphone . They need to make the mobile phone a work tool again

HP's reputation isn't much better than Palm as it is. They certainly don't innovate. The had the first iPhone in the form of the iPaq and look where they are now...

Which is all the more reason to buy a company like Palm instead of trying to create the technology from scratch.

Which is all the more reason to buy a company like Palm instead of trying to create the technology from scratch.

But thats exactly what they did with the iPaq...remember Compaq? I do hope they turn Palm around though. They could certainly save their doomed slate if they'd drop Win 7 and put WebOS on it.

What phone has the Zune interface?

Believe it or not winmo still has a pretty dedicated user base. And even though it wont be for long with the number of phones android is putting out, they still have more marketshare. Business wise, aside from blackberries winmo is still better due to the microsoft exchange and office mobile. I have an android phone and they still havent worked out the kinks with getting it to sync 100% with exchange yet. The calendar and contacts sync fine but the tasks still have issues.

Believe it or not winmo still has a pretty dedicated user base. And even though it wont be for long with the number of phones android is putting out, they still have more marketshare. Business wise, aside from blackberries winmo is still better due to the microsoft exchange and office mobile. I have an android phone and they still havent worked out the kinks with getting it to sync 100% with exchange yet. The calendar and contacts sync fine but the tasks still have issues.

There was a software update sent out this morning for the issue with Outlook exchange.

Back