Will the SWAC be in the play-in Game again this year?

SONNY

The Future of Omega!!!!
Okay, since we have a conference where the regular season conference champions cant even win the first round of their Conference championship (no smack intended Valley), do you think that the NCAAs will place the SWAC champion in the 64-65 play in game at the beginging of the torney.

I would hate for them to do this but, it doesnt look good when the champ losess to a #8 seed in the conference tournament.
They will probally throw throw the ole "strenth of schedual" and "RPI" ratings up there, but do you think we should be "IN" the tourney and not have to play to get in?

another question: Why hasnt the MEAC been in the play in games? (not hating on the MEAC)

Truth is ........With valley out, the SWAC is already IN the play-in game. Valley was what, about 22 or 23 wins. The rest of us have losing records. I don't see how we would not be now.:cool:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by BandFan
another question: Why hasnt the MEAC been in the play in games? (not hating on the MEAC)

HAMPTON BASKETBALL. They have quality win's in the regular season each year and then shock's the NCAA's by winning or comming 1 shot away from winning. They usually win the MEAC and has proven themselves like a Gonzaga has in past years.

Re: Re: Will the SWAC be in the play-in Game again this year?

Originally posted by jstate83
HAMPTON BASKETBALL. They have quality win's in the regular season each year and then shock's the NCAA's by winning or comming 1 shot away from winning. They usually win the MEAC and has proven themselves like a Gonzaga has in past years.

Bruh come on now....

Yes, all of the Swac's hopes of missing the play-in game was on Valleys shoulders. With them losing, no other team in the conferance is deserving of missing the play-in game.

Lets root for our Swac rep on Tues night in Dayton, Oh. National TV audience on ESPN.

The first year of the play in game the team had a low RPI had was fitted for that.

Last year we just got screwed because they decided to take the conferance overall RPI. If the other team didn't have a losing record the Meac would have been in the play-in game also.

Re: Re: Re: Will the SWAC be in the play-in Game again this year?

Originally posted by bluedog
Bruh come on now....

Brah ....... I'm not saying that they have acheived at the same level of Gonzaga. But let's be real. They have proven themselves a hell of a lot better than us. We have really three big wins in tournaments.

Alcorn over Mississippi State back in the 70's. Southern over Ga. Tech, and Jackson State over UConn in the NIT. That's it. Other than Valley comming close against Duke year's ago, we have not proven anything remotely close on this level. That's the difference. The rest have been blowouts. Alcorn came close a few years back for a half, and then got waxed. Not smack Alcorn.

Bruh come on now....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Will the SWAC be in the play-in Game again this year?

Brah ....... I'm not saying that they have acheived at the same level of Gonzaga. But let's be real. They have proven themselves a hell of a lot better than us.

I concur........

Originally posted by bluedog
Bruh come on now....

Dude .................. open your eyes. One win against Ga Tech don't make you a hosehold name nationally. I don't give a flip about the MEAC, but I'm not going to NOT give them their prop's as far as this topic is concerned.

And the truth of the matter is .......... THE HAVE DONE MORE BY THEMSELVES AT THIS LEVEL THAN ALL OF US COMBINED.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Will the SWAC be in the play-in Game again this year?

THE HAVE DONE MORE BY THEMSELVES AT THIS LEVEL THAN ALL OF US COMBINED.

Please explain.

:confused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How many wins have the SWAC earned in the last 20 years of NATIONAL TOURNAMENT PLAY?

How many wins have HAMPTON HAD IN THE LAST 10 YEARS OF TOURNAMENT PLAY?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How many wins have the SWAC earned in the last 20 years of NATIONAL TOURNAMENT PLAY?

0 to what 1 or 2?????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They have played better than all of us. Just because it's the SWAC, don't close your eyes. We get waxed by every big name college on our "tour America" sched. at the beginning of the season. Hell we would be lucky if any of us win 1 damm game against these schools. These guys will beat some of these schools during the season, and have played a hell of a lot better than any of us at tournament time.

Getting an automatic bid and then losing by 30 don't impress nobody.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dude Hampton has that one win against Iowa State. That's it!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They have played better than all of us. Just because it's the SWAC, don't close your eyes. We get waxed by every big name college on our "tour America" sched. at the beginning of the season. Hell we would be lucky if any of us win 1 damm game against these schools. These guys will beat some of these schools during the season, and have played a hell of a lot better than any of us at tournament time.

Getting an automatic bid and then losing by 30 don't impress nobody.

okay, so what can the SWAC do to improve on our situation.
NOt that Im agreeing with you or anything, but its good to hear opinions.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by jag4life
Dude Hampton has that one win against Iowa State. That's it!

sometimes you have people enough rope to hang themselves.

Hampton is not that GREAT, are they still in the MEAC tourny now?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We get waxed by every big name college on our "tour America" sched. at the beginning of the season. Hell we would be lucky if any of us win 1 damm game against these schools. These guys will beat some of these schools during the season, and have played a hell of a lot better than any of us at tournament time.

It's the whole season that add's up. Open your eyes.

sometimes you have people enough rope to hang themselves.

Hampton is not that GREAT, are they still in the MEAC tourny now?

And people that imagine they are better that reality tell's them, usually fall's off a cliff at crunch time.

And the question was ..... WHY DON'T THE MEAC HAVE TO BE IN PLAY-IN GAMES.

Where is HiU in the Tourney right now, since they are so GREAT?

Where is JSU in the tourny at now???

This might be a good time to Divert for your sake.

okay, so what can the SWAC do to improve on our situation.
NOt that Im agreeing with you or anything, but its good to hear opinions.

Simple .................. Quit thinking that having 1 team in the conference with a winning record and no wins over big teams will get you respect from the NCAA's at tournament time.

Where is HiU in the Tourney right now, since they are so GREAT?

Where is JSU in the tourny at now???

This might be a good time to Divert for your sake.

Dude can you read. I SAID HAMPTON BASKETBALL ON WHAT THEY DID IN THE PAST .......... NOT WHERE THEY ARE AT NOW.

Again, the question was ............ WHY DON'T THE MEAC HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN PLAY-IN GAMES...................... NOT IF HAMPTON IS GREAT. you want to smack so bad, you don't even take the time to understand that beating up on 7-20 teams means nothing to the NCAA. Hell if they had their way, the ACC would have 8 bid's instead of 7 and we would have none.

The NCAA doesnt respect HBCU's at the beginning and/or the end of the season.

What Hampton did was great, Im proud of them, but the MEAC as a whole gets their AZZZES handed to them by big conferences just like the SWAC.

We have 2 options people: Play every big school at the begging of the season (if they want to play us), and get our AZZZZEz beat

or

Play every big school on our non conference schedual, win them all, do great in our conference and conference championship game and still get the play in game in Ohio.

:rolleyes: :confused:

Who brought up Hampton? *look down*

You pretty much compared Hampton to the entire SWAC, not the MEAC -vs- the SWAC.

You are slow, I see that now.

The NCAA doesnt respect HBCU's at the beginning and/or the end of the season.

The NCAA's don't respect small school's period. Don't you hear the announcers saying every year that this school or that school don't deserve to be in this tournament over a school in aconference like the ACC? They are not shy about saying this.

Who brought up Hampton? *look down*

You pretty much compared Hampton to the entire SWAC, not the MEAC -vs- the SWAC.

You are slow, I see that now.

Like I said ................. You can't resist smacking. I'm slow so big deal. Your on top of it. That's great. Feel important now. Damm, black people can't even have discussions on this page without someone getting uppity.:rolleyes:

Ok dude, tell me what the SWAC has done NOT to be in the PLAY-IN games.

Back