Will SU ever have a female drummajor?

atl hornet

JSU is breaking barriers by having their first hispanic DM this fall. Will the powers that be in the Jukebox ever let a female become drum major?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I hope not. Women should not be drum major. Majorettes, but not drum major. I don't give a dam if anyone disagrees either. I can't stand to see women in drum major positions.

well damn lmao

the young ladies who were drum majors for Alcorn last season did a excellent job

JSU is breaking barriers by having their first hispanic DM this fall. Will the powers that be in the Jukebox ever let a female become drum major?

That's not quite a breaking barrier moment, it wasn't like Hispanics were ever banned or systematically oppressed from joining Da Boom. The JSU community has been VERY embracing and proud of the Latino members of the band. University of Mississippi would be breaking barriers with a drum major of color. And I guarantee you he or she wouldn't get the same type of love the Latino drum major is getting in Jackson.

Women were banned from joining the The Juke for a very long time and the leadership has always frowned on the idea of women leading the band. None of The Juke top leadership roles have been occupied by women. Women are only chosen to help lead the Dolls which Dr. Greggs co-founded and the current band director always have the most control over. The Juke has an anti-woman culture.

Last edited:
I sure hope not these social experiments only impress a small but loud minority that want to keep pushing the envelope. Next we will want to see the jukebox letting dudes be majorettes.

it isnt like SU's drum majors do anything really.

He does more than most dancing drum majors do. It's his whistle that starts the band from the beginning of the show to the dance routine. Beyond that, 4 and 5 dancing drum majors are a distraction from the band's precision drills. I've even seen drum majors dancing while the dancing girls do their dance routine with a whole separate routine. It gets quite confusing trying to focus on the main attraction, but in the minds of most HBCU folks, it wouldn't be a HBCU band if there weren't 4 or 5 drum majors skipping around dancing to their own beat while the band performs.

Today it's SU drum major, tomorrow it will be SU dancing dolls not allowing males. I'm sure the individual who started this post envisions that for the future. From what I understand, Alabama has several all-male dance troups. As I previously stated, individuals who brains and bodies do not match.

Today it's SU drum major, tomorrow it will be SU dancing dolls not allowing males. I'm sure the individual who started this post envisions that for the future. From what I understand, Alabama has several all-male dance troups. As I previously stated, individuals who brains and bodies do not match.

lmao

bruh I’m not from Alabama I don’t give a damn what they do. Isn’t one of the biggest artist in New Orleans a drag queen named Miss Freda?

How in the hell did you come to the conclusion a female drum major will lead to males on the dance team?

FAMU has a female drum major two years ago and they don’t even have a dance team. JSU, Alcorn, Bama State, and other schools who have had female drum majors have never had male dancers.

y’all in here talking like female drum majors will lead to the fall of civilization lmao. It’s just band bro

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
it isnt like SU's drum majors do anything really.

Well why in the hell did you start this topic? And how would you know? Have you ever been to crab week at SU, 4-5 practice, evening practice, Saturday practice, or any type of prep or function for the Southern University Marching Band??

One thing you will never see at SU is the Drum Major looking like Bobby Brown's back up dancers, or wearing speedo spandex as the uniform.

lmao

bruh I’m not from Alabama I don’t give a damn what they do. Isn’t one of the biggest artist in New Orleans a drag queen named Miss Freda?

How in the hell did you come to the conclusion a female drum major will lead to males on the dance team?

FAMU has a female drum major two years ago and they don’t even have a dance team. JSU, Alcorn, Bama State, and other schools who have had female drum majors have never had male dancers.

y’all in here talking like female drum majors will lead to the fall of civilization lmao. It’s just band bro

So you are representing the ATL, the Black Gay Mecca. Somewhere I read that 80% of Black males in Atlanta are gay, bi, or on the downlow. LOL!!!

That's not quite a breaking barrier moment, it wasn't like Hispanics were ever banned or systematically oppressed from joining Da Boom. The JSU community has been VERY embracing and proud of the Latino members of the band. University of Mississippi would be breaking barriers with a drum major of color. And I guarantee you he or she wouldn't get the same type of love the Latino drum major is getting in Jackson.

Women were banned from joining the The Juke for a very long time and the leadership has always frowned on the idea of women leading the band. None of The Juke top leadership roles have been occupied by women. Women are only chosen to help lead the Dolls which Dr. Greggs co-founded and the current band director always have the most control over. The Juke has an anti-woman culture.
How many qualified females have applied for the few limited spots that have been open on our band staff( keep in mind that since the days of Doc, every member on our staff has been an SU grad)? Has a female ever tried out to be a drum major? We're not going to hire a female nor make a female a DM just cause, you have to earn it.

How many other SWAC schools have female directors on staff?

Well why in the hell did you start this topic? And how would you know? Have you ever been to crab week at SU, 4-5 practice, evening practice, Saturday practice, or any type of prep or function for the Southern University Marching Band??

One thing you will never see at SU is the Drum Major looking like Bobby Brown's back up dancers, or wearing speedo spandex as the uniform.
You know these folks think a drum major is supposed to twerk and hump the air and ground. lol

Back