Whitehouse admits Bush knew about Sept 11 beforehand

Someone correct me if I am wrong. But does Bush have the habit of not even reading his papers before the briefings?

Before people try to blame Clinton, President Clinton did launch attacks against Afghanistan and the Sudan, a government which has carried out a war against the Black, Christian, Animist, and African people to the south of the capital. Also, bin Laden lived in Sudan for a while. Clinton also signed an order for the CIA to go after bin Laden.

Originally posted by Olde Hornet

Sunday's announcement was a scam to divert attention from their currently problems, and stupid Americans sucked it up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The American people are already buying everything that most of the media are telling them. Americans are not asking enough tough questions of the administration. People know more than what they are saying.

Question: Why when the government of Sudan offered to turn Osama bin Laden over to the Clinton administration in 1996, they declined?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I do not remember The Sudan offering bin Laden to the U.S. But I do remember him having to leave the Sudan for Saudi Arabia. Later bin Laden left for Afghanistan, which was run by the Taliban.

I seriously doubt that that was a straight up offer of bin Laden to the U.S by the Sudan. I am sure that there is a lot more to the story than that. The government is run by Islamic fundamentalists, who are trying to convert the Black Africans to Islam. Islamic fundamentalists are not crazy about turning over muslims to the U.S.

I do have an advice for the Bush administration. They had better clear up things now. Remember Watergate (over 2 years), Monica Lewingsky (7 months), and Iran Contra (however long)? Look how long it took before the presidents and administration officials fessed up to what happened in those incidents. (Everyone did not fess up in Iran-Contra; or at least I do not think they did.) A lot of problems were created by hiding the truth.

So look at the fact that it took eight months before the memo was release to the American public and the administration talked about it. My advice to them is to clear things up now because this will not go away anytime soon.

Profiling vs U.S."I"; we'll have to choose.

U.S."I" = United States of Israel.

Welp, Suge, the bottom line is I don't think the terrorists allowed the black folk to get off dem plains or out of TWC and the Pentagon on 911. I dought if they will be sending communiques to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton informing them where they are going to strike so they can get the word out to black folk not to go where ever something is going to happen.

Either this country is going to have to take hardcore measures, or we will be worse off than Israel when it comes to suicide bombers and attacks.

All of you have such great ideas........ after the fact. Hindsight is always 20/20. The fact still remains that nothing like this had ever happened before, and because of that, there was no reason to take many of the threats as anything more than that. No matter who's name was involved. I mean I see so many of you saying, that the whitehouse knew something "BIG" was going to happen. Man there is always something "BIG" about to happen. Can you imagine how many threats the US gets daily? But before 9/11, we just didn't pay a close attention as we do now. Yes, maybe we can learn somethings from the events, but I still don't see how or where it could have been prevented.

So yall go ahead and profile any and all the Muslims, and people of arabian decent, and anybody else yall want. Because as you say, this country has to do something to stop terrorist attacts(when in reality you will never do it). But don't complain the next time a cop pulls you over, because you "fit the profile."

Originally posted by Suge
Yes, maybe we can learn somethings from the events, but I still don't see how or where it could have been prevented.

Because as you say, this country has to do something to stop terrorist attacts(when in reality you will never do it).
Suge, I totally agree. But, in my opinion, if Bush knew that there would have been a hi-jacking, then why not beef up security? Now, he admitted that he knew that they were going to hi-jack the planes, but did not know that they were going to use them as missiles. Well, my thing is this. If you knew that they were going to take over the planes, why not step up security? Dont we suppose to prevent hi-jackings or at least try to prevent them? It is seemingly that Bush knew something was going to happen, but did not know all the details. Now, if my folks where on that plane, I would have wanted the US Administration to atleast tried to prevent the hi-jackers from taking over the plane. How you make ask? Just like they are discouraging people now by harrassing them in the airports, at least they could have done something similar before 9/11. Just my opinion.

OK...Bush knew something was going to happen. He gets told that everyday, so did Clinton, Reagon, Bush I, Carter, Ford...etc....

What was he supposed to do? This whole event awakened everyone sense of security. Everyone was shocked, as I am sure Bush was. I am not a Bush fan, believe me, But that man in now way, knew this was coming......When he was told at the elementary school he was at, his facial expression said it all.....it was no acting job. No one could act that good. Laying blame on whether he knew or not is a waste of time for our leaders. How to prevent it again should be the only concern. Yes, we spent 8 years talking about Clinton's sex life, that was a waste of time too. Repeating that mistake won't get Bush out of office any sooner.

If Bush wasnt running around with his nose so far up his own anul, then maybe he could have taken that warning serious. I sure his cabinet or someone close encouraged him to atleast check the dayum thang out. If this had happened during the Clintion era, I would love to see some comments then.

by Stan Goff
Retired US Special Forces Master Sergeant

The BBC was recently told by Niaz Naik, a Pakistani Foreign Secretary, that senior American officials were warning them as early as mid-July that military action for mid-October was being planned for Afghanistan.

In 1996, the Department of Energy was issuing reports on the desirability of a pipeline through Afghanistan, and in 1998, Unocal testified before the House Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific that this pipeline was crucial to transport Caspian Basin oil to the Indian Ocean.

Given this evidence that a military operation to secure at least a portion of Afghanistan has been on the table, possibly as early as five years ago, I can't help but conclude that the actions we are seeing put into motion now are part of a pre-September 11th agenda. I'm absolutely sure of that, in fact. The planning alone for operations, of this scale, that are now taking shape, would take many months. And we are seeing them take shape in mere weeks.

It defies common sense. This administration is lying about this whole thing being a "reaction" to September 11th. That leads me, in short order, to be very suspicious of their yet-to-be-provided evidence that someone in Afghanistan is responsible. It's just too damn convenient. Which also leads me to wonder-just for the sake of knowing-what actually did happen on September 11th, and who actually is responsible.

The so-called evidence is a farce. The US presented Tony Blair's puppet government with the evidence, and of the 70 so-called points of evidence, only nine even referred to the attacks on the World Trade Center, and those points were conjectural. This is a bull**** story from beginning to end. Presented with the available facts, any 16-year old with a liking for courtroom dramas could tear this story apart like a two-dollar shirt. But our corporate press regurgitates it uncritically. But then, as we should know by now, their role is to legitimize.

This cartoon heavy they've turned bin Laden into makes no sense, when you begin to appreciate the complexity and synchronicity of the attacks. As a former military person who's been involved in the development of countless operations orders over the years, I can tell you that this was a very sophisticated and costly enterprise that would have left what we call a huge "signature".

In other words, it would be very hard to effectively conceal.
So there's a real question about why there was no warning of this. That can be a question about the efficacy of the government's intelligence apparatus. That can be a question about various policies in the various agencies that had to be duped to orchestrate this action. And it can also be a question about whether or not there was foreknowledge of the event, and that foreknowledge is being covered up. To dismiss this concern out of hand as the rantings of conspiracy nuts is premature. And there is a history of this kind of thing being done by national political bosses, including the darling of liberals, Franklin Roosevelt. The evidence is very compelling that the Roosevelt Administration deliberately failed to act to stop Pearl Harbor in order to mobilize enough national anger to enter the World War II.
I have no idea why people aren't asking some very specific questions about the actions of Bush and company on the day of the attacks.
Follow along:
Four planes get hijacked and deviate from their flight plans, all the while on FAA radar. The planes are all hijacked between 7:45 and 8:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time.

Who is notified?
This is an event already that is unprecedented. But the President is not notified and going to a Florida elementary school to hear children read.
By around 8:15 AM, it should be very apparent that something is terribly wrong. The President is glad-handing teachers.

By 8:45, when American Airlines Flight 11 crashes into the World Trade Center, Bush is settling in with children for his photo ops at Booker Elementary. Four planes have obviously been hijacked simultaneously, an event never before seen in history, and one has just dived into the worlds best know twin towers, and still no one notifies the nominal Commander in Chief.
No one has apparently scrambled any Air Force interceptors either.

At 9:03, United Flight 175 crashes into the remaining World Trade Center building. At 9:05, Andrew Card, the Presidential Chief of Staff whispers to George W. Bush. Bush "briefly turns somber" according to reporters.
Does he cancel the school visit and convene an emergency meeting? No.
He resumes listening to second graders read about a little girl's pet ****ing goat, and continues this banality even as American Airlines Flight 77 conducts an unscheduled point turn over Ohio and heads in the direction of Washington DC.

Has he instructed Chief of Staff Card to scramble the Air Force? No.
An excruciating 25 minutes later, he finally deigns to give a public statement telling the United States what they already have figured out; that there's been an attack by hijacked planes on the World Trade Center.
There's a hijacked plane bee-lining to Washington, but has the Air Force been scrambled to defend anything yet? No.

At 9:30, when he makes his announcement, American Flight 77 is still ten minutes from its target, the Pentagon. The Administration will later claim they had no way of knowing that the Pentagon might be a target, and that they thought Flight 77 was headed to the White House, but the fact is that the plane has already flown South and past the White House no-fly zone, and is in fact tearing through the sky at over 400 nauts.

At 9:35, this plane conducts another turn, 360 degrees over the Pentagon, all the while being tracked by radar, and the Pentagon is not evacuated, and there are still no fast-movers from the Air Force in the sky over Alexandria and DC.

Now, the real kicker. A pilot they want us to believe was trained at a Florida puddle-jumper school for Piper Cubs and Cessnas, conducts a well-controlled downward spiral, descending the last 7,000 feet in two-and-a-half minutes, brings the plane in so low and flat that it clips the electrical wires across the street from the Pentagon, and flies it with pinpoint accuracy into the side of this building at 460 nauts.

When the theory about learning to fly this well at the puddle-jumper school began to lose ground, it was added that they received further training on a flight simulator.

This is like saying you prepared your teenager for her first drive on I-40 at rush hour by buying her a video driving game. It's horse ****! ?

Suge,

Do you realize that American "intelligence" agencies arrest numerous would be terrorists before they get a chance to do what they planned. If they had no idea that anything was going down, I could understand your saying, "what could they have done". But they did know that something was going down. If you know a guy is going to highjack a plane, why let him do it??? Regardless of his intent once he highjacks the plane, why allow the highjacking???

Didn't they arrest one of those guys before the planes were highjacked, and discovered that he was supposed to be a part of the plan??? If they got him, they coulda gotten the others, IF THEY HAD TRIED. Now, this ain't a Bush thing for me. I don't care if my dad was president. I'd be saying (to myself, but not y'all. He is my dad, right???:D) the same thing.

These guys are detained all the time. Plans are foiled all the time. If you pay a ton of money for an agency to do a job, when those agents tell you something's up, you might wanna listen. When you have guys on a list of terrorists to be watched being trained to fly planes, and you know they are being trained to fly planes, you don't let their asses get on no damn commercial planes. That's my problem. They knew those terrorists were being trained to fly. Why would you allow a terrorist, who they are already watching, board a commercial airline??? I believe it to be prudent to detain his ass, at the very least, to see what he might be up to.

I was watching one of those investigative report shows on CNBC or some station, and they reported that the Minnesota FBI (I believe) was alerted that an arab was seeking commercial flying lessons, but wasn't interested in learning how to land. That might raise a red flag. You wanna go up, but you don't wanna know how to get down. Something ain't right. Well, I think they also said his ass got arrested. That's how it's supposed to work. Then you interrogate his butt to see if he might be up to something.

Y'all act like the culprits were totally unknown. They knew who they were before they did what they did.

Originally posted by Robber
Suge,

If you know a guy is going to highjack a plane, why let him do it??? Regardless of his intent once he highjacks the plane, why allow the highjacking???

Didn't they arrest one of those guys before the planes were highjacked, and discovered that he was supposed to be a part of the plan??? If they got him, they coulda gotten the others, IF THEY HAD TRIED.

If you pay a ton of money for an agency to do a job, when those agents tell you something's up, you might wanna listen. When you have guys on a list of terrorists to be watched being trained to fly planes, and you know they are being trained to fly planes, you don't let their asses get on no damn commercial planes. That's my problem. They knew those terrorists were being trained to fly. Why would you allow a terrorist, who they are already watching, board a commercial airline??? I believe it to be prudent to detain his ass, at the very least, to see what he might be up to.

Y'all act like the culprits were totally unknown. They knew who they were before they did what they did.

Precisely what Im talkin about. They knew exactly where to go and where to look for info. Down in Florida, in New York apartments, and everywhere else. They (FBI) got credit for stopping the (supposely) intended hi-jacking in Texas. Why cant the President get credit for knowing that something was going to happen and didnt do anything about the hi-jacking part?

The information to prevent 9/11 was given to Bush. Bush and his Administration failed because they didn't know what to do with or how to evaluate the information turnover by the Clinton Administration. What's really sad is that Bush was aware his Administration was weak in that area and he didn't consult Clinton for advice. Bush probably knew little about Bin Laden network and didn't take it serious. He was to concerned about convincing the american people that he had the knowledge to lead this country.

My Theory..............

First of all, I agree with those of you who believe that the govt (G. Dubya) knew of the plots before they actually took place........

But I have to question whether all of the airport security measures would've prevented the hijackings. The hijackers all gained access to the planes from the tarmac, not from buying tickets and boarding....So it was an inside job all along.

But what puzzles and frustrates me is that how nobody (CIA, NSA, FBI, INS) knew NOTHING on Sept 10th, the day before....But on Sept 12th, the day after, they had already identified 19 hijiackers and located where they lived, where they trained, where they met and all that. I watched the news in amazement at how much info our Agencies could gather in a matter of hours, but wasn't fooled. You can't possibly go from 'no clue' to 'full working knowledge' of an operation in 24 hours. If that was the case, Chandra Levy would've been found long ago.....

Something else, why did the media point out that the plane over Pennsylvania crashed as a result of the passengers fighting the hijackers. The black box wasn't recovered for almost a week. Wazzup with that? My belief is that the plane never crashed. .....

The plane was shot down. I have a friend who's Flight Office at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio. Before he was transferred (in November) to Holloman AFB in New Mexico, he said that four F-16s were scrambled immediately when the FAA warning went out to ground all aircraft. His unit was briefed and de-briefed several hours later when the aircraft returned. And two squadrons from Wright-Pat were soon transferred to Holloman. You fill in the pieces....

And.....Why is it that whenever a plane crashes, the news show us pictures from the crash-site. We see pices of broken-up plane. How come when they showed pictures from that feld in Pennsylvania, there were no pices of plane visible? You saw dirt, some smoke, and a bunch of stuff looking like trash (little bitty stuff)? Ever wonder why? Because they shot the plane into little bitty pieces!!!!! Then they made it seem like the passengers who fought the hijackers were heroes, and that they were fighting the hijackers in order to save lives. Yeah, they were fighting to save their own lives, and I don't see anything heroic in that. That's called fighting for survival.......

Wadduyu think?

Re: My Theory..............

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90

But what puzzles and frustrates me is that how nobody (CIA, NSA, FBI, INS) knew NOTHING on Sept 10th, the day before....But on Sept 12th, the day after, they had already identified 19 hijiackers and located where they lived, where they trained, where they met and all that. I watched the news in amazement at how much info our Agencies could gather in a matter of hours, but wasn't fooled. You can't possibly go from 'no clue' to 'full working knowledge' of an operation in 24 hours. If that was the case, Chandra Levy would've been found long ago.....

That's exactly my point......they had been watching every single one of those hi-jackers since they entered the country, and even had some of them on a most wanted/watched list. If they KNEW enough to watch them while being here, then SOMETHING could've been done.

Here's an interesting piece from the editorials of the AJC. For what it's worth, the author Cynthia Tucker, is an African-American. I think she makes some excellent points.

Conspiracy nuts feed on calamity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catastrophe usually breeds conspiracy theories.

Just look back at Pearl Harbor, when many politicians and public commentators whispered that President Franklin Roosevelt knew when and where the Japanese would launch an attack on the U.S. Pacific fleet, yet did nothing to stop it.

It was nonsense, of course. There was, and is, no evidence that Roosevelt had ever been warned about a specific attack.

"Signals [intercepted] announcing the Pearl Harbor attack were always accompanied by competing or contradictory signals, by all sorts of information useless for anticipating this particular disaster," wrote Roberta Wohlstetter, author of "Pearl Harbor: Warning and Decision."

But small bands of conspiracy nuts have kept the lunacy alive for 60 years. They claim that Roosevelt allowed the Japanese to launch a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, killing more than 2,300 sailors and civilians in the process, because he wanted the United States to join the war against Japan and Germany, and he knew Americans would be willing to go to war to retaliate.

Besides, how else to explain that a much smaller nation could take the mighty United States by surprise?

Not surprisingly, similar conspiracy theories have emerged alleging that President Bush had prior knowledge of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. For months now, conspiracy nuts on the Internet (and -- in the case of local U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney -- in Congress) have claimed that Bush had specific knowledge of al-Qaida's plans. Judging Bush more harshly than even Roosevelt was judged, McKinney suggested that Bush may have allowed al-Qaida terrorists to strike, murdering more than 3,000 Americans, so that his friends in the defense industry could profit from the ensuing war.

There's no doubt that the Bush White House stupidly fanned the flames of the conspiracy by withholding news of an intelligence memo the president received in August, warning that Osama bin Laden planned to hijack American commercial airliners.

When the news of the memo broke last week, even Americans usually given to more rational thinking were momentarily taken aback: Had Bush, indeed, withheld warnings of a specific threat?

It took a couple of days, but rational America quickly saw the absurdity of the charge. A Wall Street Journal/NBC poll, conducted over the weekend, found that 58 percent of Americans are satisfied with the measures the Bush administration took based on the information it had prior to Sept. 11.

Others, though, may never come to their senses. Several of McKinney's loony supporters, including her father, state Rep. Billy McKinney, have called or written to claim that the intelligence memo vindicates her suggestion. In other words, they believe, McKinney was correct in slandering the president as al-Qaida's co-conspirator.

So far, no information suggests the president was given anything other than vague warnings that Osama bin Laden wanted to hijack commercial aircraft and perhaps take hostages -- at some point. Or fly airplanes into buildings -- somewhere.

Much like the intelligence on Pearl Harbor, the memo was useless in preventing the terrorist atrocities of Sept. 11.

Since Sept. 11, the intelligence agencies have reorganized and regrouped; reportedly, they are much better prepared to analyze and coordinate intelligence, sift through reports and pinpoint specific targets. But they don't claim they can prevent another attack.

Indeed, over the last several days, the Bush White House has given us the sort of news we would not have believed before Sept. 11: Sooner or later, no matter how many plots are thwarted, some terrorist cell somewhere inside our borders will carry out a successful attack.

But we don't know how, and we don't know where or when. We know what the president knew on Sept. 10.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sue Bush for his oil money!

SF Lawyer Sues Bush Admin Over Sept. 11

This is what Bush's election stealing arse deserves

5/23/02
SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco lawyer filed an ambitious federal lawsuit today on behalf of all American citizens against President Bush and six other officials for alleged dereliction of duty in failing to stop the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

The suit claims that Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Attorney General John Ashcroft, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and others failed to carry out their constitutional duties to act on intelligence information that allegedly showed the threat of terrorist hijackings.

The lawsuit is based on two claims: violation of citizens' constitutional rights and negligence in the discharge of the officials' duties.

Other defendants are National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice, FBI Director Robert Mueller and Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta.

Believe it or not...

this entire country was a conspriacy. From Queen Elizabeth's attacks on Spanish treasure ships to the present, you see the rich doing any and everything in their power to maintain and increase their fortunes. The cost to the masses does not matter since we are only pawns in the game.

Re: Sue Bush for his oil money!

Originally posted by Mr. Matriculation
SF Lawyer Sues Bush Admin Over Sept. 11

This is what Bush's election stealing arse deserves

5/23/02
SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco lawyer filed an ambitious federal lawsuit today on behalf of all American citizens against President Bush and six other officials for alleged dereliction of duty in failing to stop the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

The suit claims that Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Attorney General John Ashcroft, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and others failed to carry out their constitutional duties to act on intelligence information that allegedly showed the threat of terrorist hijackings.

The lawsuit is based on two claims: violation of citizens' constitutional rights and negligence in the discharge of the officials' duties.

Other defendants are National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice, FBI Director Robert Mueller and Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta.
Snowball . . . chance . . . hell.

One-legged man . . . ass kicking contest

Another admission

Suge, mighty hornet

Did y'all see the FBI Director admit that they could have prevented the 9/11 hijackings if they had followed up on the leads???

Like we been saying, a lot coulda been done with the information that they knew, if they actually tried to do something.

rob,
Sure, there could and should have been more done by our intelligence agencies. But, do you honestly think if they had arrested one or two of those hijackers, the whole plan by Osama would have been foiled? I think not!

Like I said, you can have all the intelligence you want to. But if someone is truly determined to commit terroristic acts and willing to die in the process, there's only so much you can do to prevent them, short of creating a police state.

mighty hornet,

You sound like the quintessential apologist. That entire plan could have been foiled. The FBI director admitted that at a press conference.

I will admit that radicals would still be able to do something, but I don't believe for one second that they would be able to pull off anything remotely near the magnitude of the 9/11 terrorist acts. A McVeigh type job, yes. 9/11, NO!!!

As I have stated so many times before, our greatest strengths as a nation are also our greatest weaknesses. At any given time, there are well over a thousand aircraft in the air in the United States at any given time. No one person, president, or entity could have prevented what happend unless as MH stated before we become a police state....but are we willing to do that, NO. I will give you an example of how you can try and point the finger at a president. When I was stationed in Khobar towers in 96 we had information of up to 30 possible terrorist attacks against our residence alone....I won't go into the details of the attacks but, the only way we could have prevented them was well, basically not been there in the first place...
building.jpg

Here is the building that was bombed by Osama Bin Laden's terrorist network, did I blame Bill Clinton for this, NO. BTW, I lived in the building directly adjacent to it, so I have good cause for critique.

The same can be said for every attack that we have suffered as a nation....Pearl Harbor as well. But many of you do not want to acknowledge the real problem. I can say this because I have manned a "POST" more than a few times in my life. I am a Veteran with combat experience and have lived in 4 different countries, we were succeptable to terrorism because we have gotten "soft". Those terrorists knew which areas of the country to target, I would have like to see them try to hijack a plane headed to the Bayou Classic with a bunch of SU and Gram fans on it..they would have had those box cutters shoved up their arses. And as was stated before, if MH and I agree on an issue then that should tell you something.

Originally posted by Robber
mighty hornet,

You sound like the quintessential apologist.
Nope, just a realist!

I'm not gonna fool myself into thinking that our intelligence is 100% fail-proof.

btw, since the FBI/CIA both are aware that the U.S. will be targeted again, shouldn't they be shutting down the country and locking up anybody who can be remotely suspected of possibly being involved in anything strange. :confused:

Bedrock,
Yeah, we agree this time
:rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by mighty hornet

btw, since the FBI/CIA both are aware that the U.S. will be targeted again, shouldn't they be shutting down the country and locking up anybody who can be remotely suspected of possibly being involved in anything strange. :confused:

Yep! Lock dem illegal suspects up and place a chip in they butts! :redhot:

Originally posted by mighty hornet

Nope, just a realist!

I'm not gonna fool myself into thinking that our intelligence is 100% fail-proof.

Makaho and mighty hornet,

Help me out. Are you two saying that the Director of the FBI doesn't know what he's talking about. The man stood before all the world and said "we could have prevented 9/11 if we had acted upon the leads that we were provided." Then he said there would be a major overhaul within the FBI. I guess he doesn't know what he's saying, because you two insist upon saying that 9/11 couldn't have been prevented.

And I never said anything was failproof. But I do know when to recognize when someone just failed to do their job. And again, I'm not making this a Bush issue. I don't care about making Bush look bad (he does that on his own :D).

And I never said anything about shutting down a country, airports or anything so radical. All I ask is that the FBI does its job. No more, no less. They failed on the 9/11 attacks. They could have done something, but didn't.

Back