Whitehouse admits Bush knew about Sept 11 beforehand

unknown

The Whitehouse finally admits that Bush knew about the plot Bin Laden had against the US on September 11th. But he "claims" he didn't know the planes would be used as missiles.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by unknown1
The Whitehouse finally admits that Bush knew about the plot Bin Laden had against the US on September 11th. But he "claims" he didn't know the planes would be used as missiles.:rolleyes:

PERSONALLY I THINK THE PLANE HEADED TOWARDS THE WHITE WAS MEANT TO KILL BUSH. HIS GRANDFATHER TOOK PART IN SOME SORT OF BUSINESS DEAL WITH THE SAUDI BIN LADEN a*k*a SADAM HUSAIN (DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S SPELLED RIGHT) AND OSMA BIN LADEN

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Rememeber This

Cynthia McKinney**Democrat Implies Sept. 11 Administration Plot
By Juliet Eilperin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, April 12, 2002; Page A16

Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.) is calling for an investigation into whether President Bush and other government officials had advance notice of terrorist attacks on Sept. 11 but did nothing to prevent them. She added that "persons close to this administration are poised to make huge profits off America's new war."

ummmmmmmmmmmm. I guess she really was not off base... She called it a month ago and was called all kinds of names NOW... I bet no one in congress will say they were wrong when they attacked her...

:smh:

The Whitehouse finally admits that Bush knew about the plot Bin Laden had against the US on September 11th.
Having knowledge that terrorists exist and that they may hijack a plane does not mean that he knew the when, where, and how. Was he suppose to ground all planes indefinitely????

Heck, I'm sure Bush and U.S. intelligence officials know right now that there are terrorists still on U.S. soil. But that doesnt mean they know when and where these terrorists will strike. Should he just close down the U.S. because of a potential attack that he doesnt know when will happen or how??

I agree with MH, everyday there are a Myriad of terrorist and possible anarchist threats towards the U.S. everyday. As a result of our open borders and various freedoms we are always succeptable. It seems our greatest strength as a country is also our greatest weakness as far as defense....

Like MH said, are you gonna ground the entire fleet of aircraft, for something that may or may not happen, you do that then everybody complains and there is outrage. But since you also have to worry about Nuclear power plants, trains that carry chemical containers, city water supplies, food stocks, oil tankers, I could go on and on.

The point is you can prevent terrorism to a much greater degree, but do you wanna trade your freedoms to do so?

And Cynthia McKinney is a #$%^ nutt, and she is wrong and off base. How the "L" were they gonna prevent this from happening when this event had been planned in previous administrations?

1. Just to garnish the fininacial support took the terrorists 2 years.

2. The flight training they received was a year in length.

3. The logistics alone took at least 4 years.

Since she is such a Sage and visionary, why does she not concentrate on what future threats we have instead of playing partisan politics.

MH, MB, that's garbage...You did not have to ground aircraft but there were security provisions that could have been taken. Shoot they did not even investigate these allegations. They didn't even interrogate whatever the guys name is when they had him in custody. Yes this attack was a long time in the making and I'm sure the terrorist did not know their actual assignments until a short time before it happened. But I'm sure they were minutely aware of each other and those leads should have been investigated instead of blown off.

Toi, Mckinney was wrong. You just don't come out and make accusations of this nature without proof. She should be doing more for her constituents rather than trying to make a name for herself. I'm just glad this is coming out so it may validate a little of what she said, so she won't look like a total arse.

BE,
It's easy to play Monday morning QB--the could've, should've stuff. You can have all the sophisticated intelligence you want to, and it still is no sure fire guarantee against terrorism in a free country like the U.S.

btw, I think the title of this thread is misleading. The White House admitted that Bush was aware of threats to the U.S. I havent seen where he was aware that the terrorists would strike on 9/11 by hijacking some planes. There's a difference.

Yea.....and it was a coincidence that Bush was in Florida when it happened also.:rolleyes:

1. Coincidence terrorists trained in Florida
2. Coincidence Bush stole the election in Florida

The news that our Government suspected a terrorist strike on our soil vindication of Cynthia McKenney. Right wing wackos, republicans, and wimpy dixecrats called her crazy. These people don't want anyone to question anything that happen under the Bush Administration. Anything that remotely negative they blame Clinton. Bush may not have known the exact day, time, or the target, but government had enough information to act.

• Bush was brief on possible hi-jacking of aircraft
  • Bush knew that Al Quieda were the organization planning these hijackings.
  • The FBI knew there were a number of Arabs in varies locations around the U.S take flying lessons.
  • The government knew prior to 9/11 at least one these Arabs were only interest in flying a plane, and not how to land the plane.
  • The FBI unknowingly had in detention prior to 9/11 an Arab believed connected to hijackers.
  • The Phoenix FBI issued prior to 9/11 a memo inquiring about the abnormal number of Middle East males taking flying lesson around the country.
  • FAA was warned by NSA to be on alert of prior 9/11 of hijacking.
I know hindsight is 20/20 but there was enough information out to prevent 9/11. This happen on the Bush watch and it is the job of Congress to get to the bottom of the greatest tragedy on the soil of the United States of America.

Thanks to Representatives like Cynthia McKenney the Bush Administration want be able to sweep this under the rug, and blame Clinton. Keep up the good work Sister!

Statement of Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney on Terrorist Warnings

May 16, 2002

Several weeks ago, I called for a congressional investigation into what warnings the Bush Administration received before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. I was derided by the White House, right wing talk radio, and spokespersons for the military-industrial complex as a conspiracy theorist. Even my patriotism was questioned because I dared to suggest that Congress should conduct a full and complete investigation into the most disastrous intelligence failure in American history. Georgia Senator Zell Miller even went so far as to characterize my call for hearings as "dangerous, loony and irresponsible."

Today's revelations that the administration, and President Bush, were given months of notice that a terrorist attack was a distinct possibility points out the critical need for a full and complete congressional investigation.

It now becomes clear why the Bush Administration has been vigorously opposing congressional hearings. The Bush Administration has been engaged in a conspiracy of silence. If committed and patriotic people had not been pushing for disclosure today's revelations would have been hidden by the White House.

Because I love my country, because I am a patriot, and because the American people deserve the truth, I believe it would be dangerous, loony and irresponsible not to hold full congressional hearings on any warnings the Bush Administration had before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Ever since I came to Congress in 1992, there are those who have been trying to silence my voice. I've been told to "sit down and shut up" over and over again. Well, I won't sit down and I won't shut up until the full and unvarnished truth is placed before the American people.

Indeed this does help McKinney. The heat will be on the White House and not her. But I wonder how often has she been on the talk shows recently defending herself and show when Bush might have known something. If she used or show the information (or proof) to back up her statement, it would help her out even more. I have not seen her on TV. Has anyone else?

Well, I think that the person who actually comes out looking better is Congresswoman Barbara Lee. She had questions from the beginning. BTW I still wonder where was McKinney when Lee was getting death threats.

Anyway, I think that McKinney just won her bid for re-election. I do not think that she will be kissing up to G.W. at the next State of the Union address.

Hornet and Bedrock.....yall stated my points. No need for me to re hash what is already said. And when MH and MB agree, that should tell you something.

I'm still trying to figure out how you people feel 9/11 could have been prevented. Unless times, dates, and participants were known before hand, how could you have stopped it? If that is the case then there would be no terrorost acts ever. The bottom line is this. You can never stop a man who is willing to die for his cause and his beliefs. No amount of information can stop that. When a person is willing to lay his life down for his cause..........he is the greatest weapon in the world.
And yeah C. McKinney is a farce. that broad hasn't done anything. You people act like it took some great insight for her to point the finger at the white house......she is still a nut case~

You don't need the exact date time to be proactive. The U.S. had creditable information that hijackings were in the works. In the mean time you have a number of known Middle Eastern males around the country learning how to fly planes. A lot of money was transferred across the globe to pay for these operations of the co-conspirators in this country. Congress McKinney is right this is a failure of intelligence that needs to be investigated. In my view if the varies governmental agencies shared information 9/11 could have been prevent. At the very least these Arabs flying on 9/11 would have been under surveillance, and at some point their plot would have been disrupted.

Bottom line, if we the U.S. had all this information then the security in the airports should have been tighter before Sept. 11th, not afterwards. I shouldn't be getting strip searched now, I should have been getting strip searched all along. There are precautions that we should have been taking already with the knowledge that was before us. Don't sit here and tell me that a country of this size and strength can do NOTHING....that, my friends, is Bullisht with a capital "BS". America can and will do any and everything they want to do, so preventing and preparing for terrorism should be one of them.

Y'all can talk about ole girl Cynthia all you want, but you have to admit she has made some valid points.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Suge
And when MH and MB agree, that should tell you something.
LOL
:lol:

Originally posted by PapaJag
In the meantime you have a number of known Middle Eastern males around the country learning how to fly planes.
And???
Should the govt. have just rounded up all middle easterners and thrown them in jail?
Or Maybe we just should stop living like we're accustomed and that way, we can prevent terrorism. Lets see, if Atlanta had not hosted the Olympics, that bomb never would have blown up in Olympic Park. If those people in Oklahoma City would not have gone to work, then that tragedy could have been avoided. And if Bush had grounded all planes prior to Sep. 11, that tragedy could have been avoided too.

And EB, I disagree. If McKinney is reelected, I'm willing to bet she'll be right there at the State of the Union address hugging and kissing Bush. She knows the cameras will be there to catch her. :rolleyes:

Should the govt. have just rounded up all middle easterners and thrown them in jail?

No. Just those they knew about in the country illegally and/or taking flying lessons.

Have yall ever heard that Nero fiddled while Rome burned?

If FDR had acquired information that the Japanese were planning something big in the Pacific, some time in 1941 or 1942, and the NSA had told the Navy to be on alert, How can you explain the President doing nothing? A memo was put on the presidents desk on Sept 9. BS memos dont make their way to the presidents desk. Something should have been done. At minimum security check points should have been increased at airports. Air defenses could have been put on a higher state of alert. He could have launched preemptive strikes on bin laden and al-Queda

As We Tell the Jags on the board, its the coverup that gets you every time. Bush knew who what and when as soon as the towers were hit. No wonder he wasnt shocked when he got the news. When I saw it, my jaw dropped. Bush knew it was coming and fiddled while NYC and DC burned.

Mixed feelings on this one

First of all, this thing has some interesting twists for black folk.

Condolizza Rice is being scapegoated and is getting HAMMERED in the conservative talk show press by maggots like Michael Savage. (but uuuh, i have never heard dat mug Condi studder as much, and sound as unsure of herself as in that press conference. ouch! dat was tight.) Now she may not be in bed with most black politicians, but after all, she's a black female very well spoken and accomplished,,, and I don't think blacks would like to see her get pounded into oblivion on this one,,, well, I don't think.

Other than that, the whole thing is a mess. Both sides are spinning their arses off. The democrats are piling on Bush like a mutha,,, and for good reason; can you imagine what these clowns (republicans/conservatives) would be saying if Gore was in office and this happened??? They would be hammering him so hard it wouldn't even be funny,, but now that it was Bush in charge,,,,, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL it's now all of a sudden,, "how can yall pile on the Pres like dis? Who could have guessed this?",, blah, blah, blah. Then another spin out of the hard right is that, "well,, uuuuuuuuh,,, IT'S BILL CLINTON'S FAULT. THIS ALL GOES BACK TO BILL CLINTON AND HIM SLASHING THE BUDGET OF THE INTELLIGENCE DEPT. IT'S BILL CLINTON'S FAULT."

So was the first bombing of TWC Bush Sr/Reagan's fault by the same logic??

It's all so ridiculous, but that's politics. Personnally I don't see what a president could have done. If you shut down the country, everybody would be up in arms, the maggot terrorists would simply blend into the crowd and wait for an opportunity. Da $hit was just ment to happen and now there's going to be some political haggling for political gain by one side or the other.

One thing that Maggot Savage said that is fundamentally true, if the U.S. just went ahead and blew deez fools (terrorists) out with nucks, the terrorist threat would cease to exist, but that is not feasible in the world we live in today. There will be no hardcore extermination of a percieved menace by the U.S. like, say, the indians during the 1700 and 1800s.

Intelligence agencies were established to get the heads up and help prevent the types of acs like 9/11. I'm with JST on this. Somebody fiddled while the U.S. got terrorized. One of the alleged participants was intercepted before he could carry out his plans. If you can get one, you coulda got 'em all. They knew of each of those men well in advance of 9/11.

But I ain't trying to say that it was deliberately allowed to happen for some of Bush's friends to profit. I'm just saying that somebody goofed. Bigtime. If intelligence is gathered, reported, and then ignored, there's a BIG problem when disaster strikes.

,,, yeah, but Robber, the hard right makes a good point,,,

when they say, if Bush admin had ordered screening of all air passengers based on the info, they would have been blasted by the left for profiling. I don't think there's nothing that could have been done.

Originally posted by PAPAJAG

No. Just those they knew about in the country illegally and/or taking flying lessons.

Umm if they were in the country illegally....how exactly were they supposed to be rounded it up? We didn't exactly know they were here, you know. Because they were here illegally.

And now anyone of middle eastern descent can't take flying lessons? Are we supposed to just say, well you are of arabian decent...no flying for you? And let me just let you in on a one little secret......all of the middle eastern allied country's pilots train in the US. Right here in Pensacola, FL. Should we send them home too?

Black folks, we are the last people in the world that need to be jumping on a profiling bandwagon. That is why I can't support many of these silly "homeland security" bills that are popping up. Because when this terror threat dies down some. These same laws will be used on our arses. Sometimes we all have to learn to look at the big picture.

Robber and JST....I can agree that there was maybe a lack of communication. But I still don't see what the govt. could have done. I mean see some of you with these hindsight ideas about gathering up everybody and all that. But I am still waiting on one realistic plan that any of you think the US goivernmenet could have done to stop this particular terrorist act. And where were all you folks when Tim McVeigh was blowing up OK City. Why didn't yall call for the govt to round up all the christian white fundamentalist, who were buying fertilzer and were ex-military?

Yes, the White new about the hi-jackings. The argument by Ms. Rice and the White House staff is that they did not know that the planes would be used as missiles.

1. They did know about the Hijackings - if you improve security and stop the hi-jackings you stop the killings of those victims at 3 sites.

2. The European press reported that the U.S. government knew about this 2 days after Sept. 11. They said at that time, that if the whole truth comes out, that this would be the biggest scandal to ever hit the USA.

3. They knew the Muslims were taking flight training.

4. They knew that would be hi-jackings.

5. Ask yourself, who profited for the attacks? :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
a. Certain government agencies received more power than ever before.
b. Who is making money???

Sunday's announcement was a scam to divert attention from their currently problems, and stupid Americans sucked it up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They didn't know about them even though they were illegal, yet 90% of them were on the FBI & CIA's most wanted/watched list?:rolleyes:

Umm if they were in the country illegally....how exactly were they supposed to be rounded it up? We didn't exactly know they were here, you know. Because they were here illegally.

Wrong, they were issued visas legally by INS. But once their visas expired, they drop out school, or in some cases fraudalent obtain visas they should have been deported . Since INS, FBI, FAA, CIA, Border Patrol, and Custom not on the same page these people were able to carry out their plans to hijack planes and use them as missiles.

We the people elect a President to run the Government. All the Agencies are at the President disposal. The Head of each Agency makes up most of the President Cabinet. The Bush Administration was warned as far back as June 2001 that Al Qeida was planning to hijack planes.

Even foreign governments warned Bush that something BIG is in the works. Call it what you want racial profiling or what ever. I have not heard of but one white Taliban, I think the majorities look like Middle Easterners.

SO THE BUCK STOP WITH BUSH. WHAT DID HE KNOW AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT?

Hell, we spent 8 years investigating Clinton sex life.

Back