Whitehouse admits Bush knew about Sept 11 beforehand

rob,
I must have missed where the FBI Director said that they could have prevented the tragedy. But just because he said it, doesn't mean I believe it. I'm just not gonna fool myself into thinking that our intelligence is so good and so precise to stop something like that. People keep harping on information that wasn't acted upon. Before Sept. 11, I'm sure there were all kinds of information and leads that were not acted upon. To me, its too easy to point the finger AFTER the fact, knowing what we now know. Before 9/11, who would have actually believed that some terrorists would hijack planes and fly two of them into the WTC, collapsing both towers and killing thousands of people in the process. Only in the movies!!!!

btw, since our intelligence is so precise that it could have prevented these attacks, I wonder why its been over 8 months and we still have not captured the man who supposedly spearheaded the most cruel, heinous, cowardly act EVER committed against the U.S. Surely, a powerful arse country like the U.S. that knows everything at all times, even before it happens would have rounded his arse up by now.

Or just maybe, our intelligence is not what we think it is, before 9/11 or after 9/11.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
rob,
I must have missed where the FBI Director said that they could have prevented the tragedy. But just because he said it, doesn't mean I believe it. I'm just not gonna fool myself into thinking that our intelligence is so good and so precise to stop something like that. People keep harping on information that wasn't acted upon. Before Sept. 11, I'm sure there were all kinds of information and leads that were not acted upon. To me, its too easy to point the finger AFTER the fact, knowing what we now know. Before 9/11, who would have actually believed that some terrorists would hijack planes and fly two of them into the WTC, collapsing both towers and killing thousands of people in the process. Only in the movies!!!!

btw, since our intelligence is so precise that it could have prevented these attacks, I wonder why its been over 8 months and we still have not captured the man who supposedly spearheaded the most cruel, heinous, cowardly act EVER committed against the U.S. Surely, a powerful arse country like the U.S. that knows everything at all times, even before it happens would have rounded his arse up by now.

Or just maybe, our intelligence is not what we think it is, before 9/11 or after 9/11.
Mighty Hornet,

Bin Laden was half a world away from us when that happened. And he's millionairre with ton of operatives who aid him in moving from day to day. That's totally unlike the morons he had over here doing his dirty work.

I saw on the news this morning where the CIA admitted they had been following two of the hijackers a few months prior to 9/11. Followed them to L.A. and other places, where they met with known Al Quaida people. Damn shame. They say they told the FBI, but not the State Dept. or INS, who later extended the visas.

This further illustrates that this thing coulda been avoided. These agencies need to work together on stuff this critical. Again, somebody dropped the ball.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back