What is it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cat daddy said:
:smh:

This makes NO logical sense.

To an illogical person it wouldn't. If the Big three has no open dates becasue the mandate only allows us two, how can they play additional teams? Simple logic to me. Alabama State had not been invited out of the state to a classic since JSU took em to Chicago in 94 and 95. Now all of a sudden, they get ONE classic invite. And still of all the games MH mentioned, only the Detroit games were outsided of AL.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Vinita said:
'Bout as logical as the odds of your answering my question with an ANSWER and not another QUESTION.

Nita, I did not take your question seriously...are you serious??

Well, not exactly on the time frame, but ... how long do you think it will take for y'all to return to the JSU I used to enjoy watching play ball?

D-NICE said:
Though I'm no JSU fan, BCF is better served with a strong JSU. They have history, tradition, and recognition. A strong JSU only makes BCF stronger, and more appealling as a whole.

Because of their ability to draw, because of thier history, and tradition, make's people take notice to that, no matter how we may feel about JSU, it's true. Also it makes people take notice to those who play them, granted winning helps out a lot, but nothing helps more than having a recognizable name.

Schools like Colorado, Kansas St, Virginia Tech, and a few others like them go nowhere without playing schools with recognizable names. I mention these 3 schools because they benefited by beating a weak OU, and average UT teams (UC, & KSU), and a weak Miami (VT) in the 90's. They don't win these games with recognizable names, then they're lumped right in there with the Utah's, Fresno St's, Southern Mississippi's, and Louisville's of the world. Good teams, but not quite ready for the BCS.

How serious do you think people would take the Big 12 with weak OU, & Nebraska teams. The addition of a strong Miami alone, has people now talking about the ACC is the best football conference in America. You think they'd say the same thing if VT, and BC made the move to the ACC without Miami? I don't think so.

I'm not knocking ASU, or PB by no means, but historically JSU has been one of the locamotive's that powered the SWAC, and BCF. BCF needs certain schools to be strong, the same as D-1 needs strong Notre Dame's, Alabama's, USC's, Michigan's, Oklahoma's, and Nebraska's.

NICE

I agree. The SWAC needs a strong SU, GSU, and JSU to survive.

AAMU Alum said:
If this is indeed true, then the SWAC is in a UNIVERSE of trouble!!

Ain't this the truth. This fool can't even get on the same page as his coaches and players.

From todays Clarion ledger:
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041014/SPORTS030101/410140367/1073

JSU has spent much of it's time in practice this week trying to find a remedy for their offensive woes. One of the major areas of emphasis is getting the plays in in a timely fashion, something the Tigers have had problems with dating back to last season.

"That's been the area where we've definitely been too slow in," Bell said. "We've got to rectify that, and I think we have. We've got that ironed out."

Several players have said that Bell, who is on the sidelines during games, sometimes overrides calls made by offensive coordinator Leon Perry, who is in the press box. By the time the two iron out which play to run, the time on the play clock expires.

Bell, who installed a more run-oriented offense upon his arrival at JSU, says that's not the case. He says Perry calls all the plays during games.

"I don't do anything (with the offense)," Bell said. "They've got a game plan, we talk about that game plan, then we go from there."

:rolleyes:

and.....

Another thing the coaching staff has done, according to the players, is simplify the offense.

"This whole week we've been trying to get in a rhythm," Kennebrew said. "We've run a lot of different formations, but we've concentrated on about five plays. Once we get our rhythm back on the basic stuff, we can move on from there."

When asked about simplifying the offense, Bell dismissed the notion.

"It's already simple," Bell said. "We've just got to find ways to be more productive. It would help if we could get a couple of guys healthy."

:confused:

Tim Russert send help!

:shame:

dayummmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading that article, if anybody want to continue saying jsu is "elite", then they're obviously delusional.

Bell is something else. :smh:

if jsue was as "elite" as they make themselves out to be, no way would they put up with stuff like that (and the sad part about it, is that he's been this way ever since he got there). He doesn't respect JSU, He doesnt respect the players. He'll go against what ever they say, if it serves him. And that last potshot he took at the 3rd string QB is just downright inexcusable.

damn, I can only wonder how these guys feel when they read the paper.
but then again, they're probably not surprised.......

Tigerpride said:
And still of all the games MH mentioned, only the Detroit games were outsided of AL.
now you changing up from "MEAC teams won't play" us to how many games we play "outsided of AL"

man, just admit that you were wrong with that crap.

And seeing that the option is ONLY there for one game "outsided of AL", (since we have the TDC) what more do you expect ASU to do?

actually 83,
I dont see people putting down JSU on this thread. (in the form of "smack")
just folks stating their opinion.
(with a whole lot of FACTS thrown in)
:D

This is the quote that got me :goof:

"I don't do anything (with the offense)," Bell said. "They've got a game plan, we talk about that game plan, then we go from there."
The same offense that is ranked 107th....the same offense that took an All SWAC QB last year and turned him into an alsoran....

The same offense that gained 116 yds of TO....... crossed the 50 once on its own........ had 10 3 and outs........ and went 13 drives of 8 yds or less....

In this context...let me repeat that quote:

WOW!!! :retard:

If I was a J-State fan, alumni or player, this would have me :splat: .

I just love it when people rejoice in the fact that JSU has been down for the last couple of years. :jump:

That only proves the point that when you're used to being on TOP, people love to see you fall down.

But guess what..... :headphone

In the words of AHNOLD.....We'll be back!

And those that REJOICED, will be looking like COONS by the face. ;)

jstate83 said:
OH brother ........................... another JSU "Put down" thread. :fart: :lmao:

This is no put down. You saw the story on your team in the Clarion Ledger, and you see these silly posts of tarzan's proclaiming your team to be an "elite" one. My response above was a simple truth. If JSU is one of the teams who must save this conference, then we may as well go ahead and order the grave plot, and bury us.

That is all.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
AAMU Alum said:
This is no put down. You saw the story on your team in the Clarion Ledger, and you see these silly posts of tarzan's proclaiming your team to be an "elite" one. My response above was a simple truth. If JSU is one of the teams who must save this conference, then we may as well go ahead and order the grave plot, and bury us.

That is all.

Co-sign!!

^^Bruh...ya'll just came into the SWAC.

JSU, SU, & GSU are the teams you think of first when you mention SWAC football.

If one of those teams are having a down year, people take notice to it. It stays in the media and people like you constantly seek it out.

mighty hornet said:
actually 83,
I dont see people putting down JSU on this thread. (in the form of "smack")
just folks stating their opinion.
(with a whole lot of FACTS thrown in)
:D

OK ................. From now on, I will stat my opinion about OTHER SCHOOL's--------with a whole lotta fact's thrown in.

Fact #1. ASU has NEVER been an ELITE school. :xeye:
Fact #2. ASU has only 1 football championship ---- and nobody seems to care when you might win another. :xeye:
Fact #3. ASU has won the EAST at least 3 times -------- yet nobody outside of Montgomery seems to care ---- that's why the JSU need to come back threads always appear. :xeye:
Fact #4. While you talking about JSU not winning championships, when is tha Hornets gonna stop their 14 YEAR's of CHAMPIONSHIPLESS campaigns. After all, we been down, YA'LL BEEN THA CREAM OF THA EAST THE LAST 5 YEARS ---- THAT'S THE WAY YA'LL TELL IT. :xeye:

There will be more facts later on ......................First DISPUTE THESE WITHOUT spin
. :devil2: :read:

you can try to divert all you want to, but it damn shole doesn't change the fact of whats going on in Jackson.

besides, it's beyond crazy for you to try to divert to ASU when we just finished beating you (not even allowing you to cross the 50) for the 5th year in a row

so, try to remain on topic

AAMU Alum said:

That is all.

Dude ................. Ya'll been buried ............... :xeye:

Fact #1. We still waiting for ya'll to win your FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP ...........FORGET TAKIN' over the SWAC. :xeye:

jstate83 said:
OK ................. From now on, I will stat my opinion about OTHER SCHOOL's--------with a whole lotta fact's thrown in.

Fact #1. ASU has NEVER been an ELITE school. :xeye:
Fact #2. ASU has only 1 football championship ---- and nobody seems to care when you might win another. :xeye:
Fact #3. ASU has won the EAST at least 3 times -------- yet nobody outside of Montgomery seems to care ---- that's why the JSU need to come back threads always appear. :xeye:
Fact #4. While you talking about JSU not winning championships, when is tha hornets gonna stop their 14 YEAR's CHAMPIONSHIPLESS campaigns. After all, we been down, YA'LL BEEN THA CREAM OF THA EAST THE LAST 5 YEARS ---- THAT'S THE WAY YA'LL TELL IT. :xeye:

There will be more facts later on ......................First DISPUTE THESE WITHOUT spin
. :devil2: :read:

We are always on their MINDS! :lol:

mighty hornet said:
you can try to divert all you want to.............

No need to read further.

Nothing I wrote will be disputed or challenged by you. CAUSE YOU CAN'T
. :retard:

Fact #6. JSU is ya'll's SUPERBOWL. BEAT us and your season is complete ........ FORGET WINNING ANYTHING ELSE. :lmao:

jstate83 said:
Fact #5. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :smash: :smash:

Kinda or reminds me of when I was in High school.

EVERYBODY wanted to beat CALLAWAY!

You could lose every game of your season, but if you BEAT Callaway...you were the BEST!!! :lmao:

sad to say, but this topic was much more "interesting" when TP was posting in it. At least, he was attempting to say something at least worthy of a conversation.

83 and SLT,
Please stop getting so defensive when someone speaks about JSU, as if yall are happy with the way things are there now.

sheesh

Thanks Toi for acknowledging that you're not happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back