What band will shake up the SWAC in the Fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
where have these guys been for the past 5 or 6 thanksgiving weekends?????

this has to be a joke....... dan akroid or tom celleck bout to jump out and tell us we're on candid swacpage or some shat!!!!

IT'S LIKE THIS

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
DON'T COUNT GRAM OUT BECAUSE THEIR ARE PLANS THIS YEAR AND YES GRAMBLING USED TO HAVE THE CROWN FOR WHOEVER SAID THEY DIDN'T. GRAMBLING MAY HAVE BEEN HAVNIG SOME HARD TIMES IN THE PAST YEARS BUT THEY STILL HAVE MADE MORE ACCOMPLISHMENTS THAN ALL SWAC BANDS COMBINED AND THAT'S A FACT LIKE IT OR NOT IT'S TRUE. SO DON'T BE SITTING ON YOUR HIGH HORSE AND THINK YOUR'E JUST INVINCIBLE BECAUSE EVEN THE MIGHTY FAMU ISN'T. THIS IS GOING TO BE A SEASON TO REMEMBER I JUST GOT THAT FEELING. I HOPE EVERYONE IS GOOD I'M NOT HATING, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL THE SWAC BANDS RECKING SHOP, I'M VERY DIFFERENT FROM A LOT OF YOU I NOTICED PEOPLE LOVE TO DOWN ANOTHER BAND IN A SEC LIKE THEIRS IS SO PERFECT BUT EVERYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND KNOWS THAT NO BAND IS PERFECT. THE PROBLEMS ARE PROBABLY MORE HEAVY FOR CERTAIN BANDS.

Re: IT'S LIKE THIS

Originally posted by usa today
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
DON'T COUNT GRAM OUT BECAUSE THEIR ARE PLANS THIS YEAR AND YES GRAMBLING USED TO HAVE THE CROWN FOR WHOEVER SAID THEY DIDN'T. GRAMBLING MAY HAVE BEEN HAVNIG SOME HARD TIMES IN THE PAST YEARS BUT THEY STILL HAVE MADE MORE ACCOMPLISHMENTS THAN ALL SWAC BANDS COMBINED AND THAT'S A FACT LIKE IT OR NOT IT'S TRUE. SO DON'T BE SITTING ON YOUR HIGH HORSE AND THINK YOUR'E JUST INVINCIBLE BECAUSE EVEN THE MIGHTY FAMU ISN'T. THIS IS GOING TO BE A SEASON TO REMEMBER I JUST GOT THAT FEELING. I HOPE EVERYONE IS GOOD I'M NOT HATING, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL THE SWAC BANDS RECKING SHOP, I'M VERY DIFFERENT FROM A LOT OF YOU I NOTICED PEOPLE LOVE TO DOWN ANOTHER BAND IN A SEC LIKE THEIRS IS SO PERFECT BUT EVERYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND KNOWS THAT NO BAND IS PERFECT. THE PROBLEMS ARE PROBABLY MORE HEAVY FOR CERTAIN BANDS.

Go stand in front GSU band a say that...we don't need to hear it.... Yall been having problems for years...I hope you don't think yall hit rock bottom over night.....:rolleyes:

TRUST ME

THE SOUND WILL VERY VERY MUCH IMPROVE THIS SEASON AND THEREAFTER, AND GRAM WAS NOT ROCK BOTTOM BECAUSE GRAM STILL HAD SOME GOOD QUALITIES WORKING FOR THEM. GRAM WAS NOT THE WORST BAND IN THE SWAC AND GRAM HAS NEVER BEEN AND THEY WILL NEVER BE THATS A FACT , BECAUSE THERE ARE OTHERS THING S THAT GRAMBLING DOES TO KEEP THAT FROM HAPPENING, BUT GRAM WILL IMPROVE THIS YEAR THATS A FACT . YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE IT NOW , BUT YOU WILL SEE IT, FEEL IT AND HEAR IT. IT'S ALL IN THE WORKS AS WE SPEAK TRUST ME.

Re: Re: IT'S LIKE THIS

Originally posted by SUtrp96
Go stand in front GSU band a say that...we don't need to hear it.... Yall been having problems for years...I hope you don't think yall hit rock bottom over night.....:rolleyes:
~MESSAGE~

Re: TRUST ME

THE SOUND WILL VERY VERY MUCH IMPROVE THIS SEASON AND THEREAFTER, AND GRAM WAS NOT ROCK BOTTOM BECAUSE GRAM STILL HAD SOME GOOD QUALITIES WORKING FOR THEM. GRAM WAS NOT THE WORST BAND IN THE SWAC AND GRAM HAS NEVER BEEN AND THEY WILL NEVER BE THATS A FACT , BECAUSE THERE ARE OTHERS THING S THAT GRAMBLING DOES TO KEEP THAT FROM HAPPENING, BUT GRAM WILL IMPROVE THIS YEAR THATS A FACT . YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE IT NOW , BUT YOU WILL SEE IT, FEEL IT AND HEAR IT. IT'S ALL IN THE WORKS AS WE SPEAK TRUST ME.
this a lie you can't be trusted

Re: TRUST ME

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
somebody get this boy to a 12 step program on the double!!!!!!
pookie from new jack city lookin a**........

To all you doubting playa haters with that typical G - LOGiC,...The Fall will tell the tale.
I'm a man of my word!!!

Originally posted by Legend35
To all you doubting playa haters with that typical G - LOGiC,...The Fall will tell the tale.
I'm a man of my word!!!

Man, look just try to impress yourselves....Cause I seriously doubt a band that has been sorry for over a decade is going to prove something to any top notch band in the SWAC...

Note:
Maybe yall band need modivational classes...Stop trying to get us to believe in yall.....It will never work...Let some good tones come of those instrument and sound on a college level....Then you will get the respect you deserve as a HBCU band...

USE A DECADE LIE SO YOU COULD HAVE KEPT THAT DUMB ARSE STATEMENT WHO THE FUDGE R U ?THE DAMN BAND WIZARD. LIKE WHATOU SAYS GOES. I DON'T CARE IF YOUDON'T BELIVE THAT THE G I GOING TO BE BETTER THIS COME FALL :DON'T HAVE TO PLEASE THE HATERS . GRAMBLINGS' JOB IS TO PLEASE THEIR FANS.THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED ON MY PART GOT TO STOP ENTERTAINING HATERS.

I feel you on the haters. It is like everytime we do something positive or something positive is said about us someone always has some negativity. That just shows how shallow most of your minds are. Instead of hating you should be like well I wish you all luck in this fall. That is how I feel. To me there should be some sort of unity between bands. All the hating and stuff is truly uncalled for. But for some that is all you know how to do. Hate Hate Hate whatever to saying congratulations or good luck or I wish you well. But ay it is okay and if you dont think we will be better this fall that is you. All I can say is SU say they have a surprise well we at Grambling State have one too. Just wait and see in the fall when we play you all and you will surely see.
:lmao:

i mean..... you guys just sound like a junior high to me.... i mean who still has bells in a college band??? i havent seen bells since i was in the 7th grade...... yall just arent appealing to anyone who is in a real band.....ya'll program sucks in the eyes of people from real schools with real programs who know or have a pretty good idea of how band is supposed to be..... yall are terribly unbalanced every year...... i have never seen gram with more than 10 trombones.....who you gone take out with that??yall whole style is just not appealing to real bandsmen.....thats why i cant stand people who have never been in band coming and sayin grambling is so tight.... when yall have all them mics at the classic......when yall have to use gimmicks to get ahead.....we are a band who plays horns not magicians.... and maybe yall need to get a new gameplan before anybody wants to see or hear you do anything..........

the david copperfield award for band goes to..............

GSU!!!!!now you see em but you wish you don't!!!!

:teleport: :teleport:
:smh:

Look ain't nobody hatin...
That's like saying Beyonce is hating on Whoopie Goldberg looks..

I am just giving you advise that will help you all pitiful band atleast become creditable....Yes it's been over a decade...Anytime your band brings music to a battle of the band.....And don't know what songs to call where everyone is in the stands looking like chickens that have lost their heads.....that is pitiful....
And that was over a decade ago.....

Anytime a band have a total of 8 songs at any SWAC game, don't care if it is the first game of the season...THAT is PITIFUL...

Anytime you have a gang of folks from New Orleans trying to do their own thing which goes against GSU grain...the sound will be pitiful....

I don't care what you have accomplished in the entertainment world, we are talking about the band world, you guys been stinking....Yall got on DRUMLINE, and I promise yall were the WORST sounding band in that dome....That Mystical song sounded soo horrible.....TUBAS just slopping all over the notes...Trumpets sounding childish.......

To grambling I am the BAND WIZARD!!!!!! Give me one year over there and I'll whoop yall batches into shape.... Any of you niggs try to go against me, you better leave or I will shoot ya!!!!!

That's the problem, yall have absolutely 0 discipline... NO ORDER!!
Crabs say what they want, do what they want...NO CHEIF ARRANGER!!!!! Yall play MOSTLY and rely on MOSTLY student arrangements!!!!!!

I'll have some one from the NATIONAL GUARD to get yall mind right the second yall come to camp.. And I'll punch a fool dead in the lip the trys to scream and sound the way yall do doing it...OH yeah I'll get yall right ......

Like I say don't try to show us nothing.....Show yall selves yall can sound like a college band.....Don't nobody enjoy playing a band that don't even sound up to par to a high school band....

Peace...
Enroll in some modivational classes....

I wasn't going to get in this but I have to say this. It isn't that people are hating on you all. It's just that every time people see you on TV for any reason and all of the publisity that you guys get isn't the truth. I mean come on. When people hear you in person, they are confused on how you could get the so called "FAME" sounding like that. I will never forget the JSU GSU game in 1997. I was suppose to play that game but I over slept and missed the bus to the stadium. Oh well, but anyway, I came to the game and was sitting in front of the band and you all got blew out soo bad it was a shame. Not only that, there was a dude who was the trumpet sectionleader I guess and he was dumb as hell. He told me that JSU had Piccalo trumpets. He Actually really thought that because of all of the screaming that they were doing. I told this guy that the more you talk, the more you let me know how un musical you are. They felt like if they couldn't play like that then it was impossible. I asked him if they thought SU had piccalo trumpets also and the boy and about 5 more people told me yes.. I knew then just how much musical skills were lacking in your band. The boy even whent as far as to bet me money that JSU had those kind of trumpets. So after the game, GSU marched out first(as usual) and I was right there with them. Me and there trumpet section stood out side the gate waiting for JSU to march out. When they came out, blowing get ready, screaming Gs and above with power, they were all shocked when they couldn't find anyone with a piccalo trumpet. It was funny to me at first because I actually thought they were joking but they were for real. They really thought that. Well, I'm here to tell you,"Sorry, but there are trumpet sections in the swac that have nuts." Just because you all don't have the skills doesn't mean no one else has them. Also, If I would have played that game, it would have been alot worse...Trust me:) But it's your band (with these kind of people in it that thinks that way that you all think) that gets all of the publisity and TV events. That isn't fair to bands that are actually good. That's why I say what I say about GSU. Other than that, I have no problem with you all. By the way, AEA alwayse to those who know Boh. It's not hating. It's telling the truth.

...............:eek2:
well for once i actually agree with Dwayne!!!!!! let me check my pusle...............:D :D :D

I would like to see a tape of the swac championship 99 from SU's side. I have 2 tapes. 1 was right up on JSU and the other was from the end zone. I would like to have one from SU's side so anyone holla at me, (601)957-7359 or (601)352-3355.

im sorry dwayne but jsu got killed both times.... i was at the one in jackson but i couldnt make it to AL cause i had to take the act that morning.....but i used to have the vhs of it.... i still got an audio tape of it though........old skoolin it .............

Originally posted by C-Murder
i mean..... you guys just sound like a junior high to me.... i mean who still has bells in a college band??? i havent seen bells since i was in the 7th grade...... yall just arent appealing to anyone who is in a real band.....ya'll program sucks in the eyes of people from real schools with real programs who know or have a pretty good idea of how band is supposed to be..... yall are terribly unbalanced every year...... i have never seen gram with more than 10 trombones.....who you gone take out with that??yall whole style is just not appealing to real bandsmen.....thats why i cant stand people who have never been in band coming and sayin grambling is so tight.... when yall have all them mics at the classic......when yall have to use gimmicks to get ahead.....we are a band who plays horns not magicians.... and maybe yall need to get a new gameplan before anybody wants to see or hear you do anything..........

the david copperfield award for band goes to..............

GSU!!!!!now you see em but you wish you don't!!!!

:teleport: :teleport:
:smh:
Where have you been??? Bells adds a certain color to a band a lot of millitary bands started out with bells. 10 T-bones???? Another lie! Besides it's always the quality, not quantity! You all were the first to use mic at the BOTB's. SUtp96,... you can't really recomend or straighten out nothing here until your trumpet players stop playing with puffy cheeks. That's not technically correct. Check you own house. All of this is telling me that you ARE JEALOUS because with all your talk of how superior your band is over us, we are still selected to represent instead of YOU!!! You may never catch up.

Originally posted by C-Murder
im sorry dwayne but jsu got killed both times.... i was at the one in jackson but i couldnt make it to AL cause i had to take the act that morning.....but i used to have the vhs of it.... i still got an audio tape of it though........old skoolin it .............

LOL...Dwayne will forever think they got with us in Birmingham..
I have most of our clips from that game on my CP.....None of JSU though...But on my VHS, you could barely hear them no lie....Maybe the wind was to strong...lol

DAMN

SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW GSU HAD 25 T-BONES THIS YEAR . GSU HASN'T HAD A 10 PIECE TROMBONE SECTION IN A WHILE SO GET OFF THAT LIE. GSU ISN'T UNBALANCED THE ONLY THING GSU PROBABLY NEEDED MORE OF THIS PAST SEASON WAS B-TONES ,F-HORNS AND A FEW MORE TRUMPETS EVERYTHING ELSE WAS SET, BUT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GET BETTER. THEN ON THE BELLS THING YOU HAVE A ELEMENTARY MIND THINKING THAT COLLEGE BANDS DON'T USE BELLS BECAUSE THE BELLS JUST ADD ANOTHER DIMENSION. GRAMBLING ALWAYS TRYS TO BE DIFFERENT THEN ANYBODY AND ONLY THE CLEVER MINDED PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND. TRUE GRAM HAS NOT BEEN PRODUCING LIKE THEY USED TO DO AND THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE WITH A LEGENDARY STATUS THAT OTHER BANDS COULD ONLY DREAM OF, BUT IT ISN'T OUR FAULT THAT THE MEDIA LOVES US IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT. AND IT IS HATING THAT YOU ALL ARE DOING DAMN. DON'T WORRY ABOUT GRAM LET GRAMBLING WORRY ABOUT GRAM WE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CAN FIX THE PROBLEM. GRAMBLING HAS A LOT OF POTENTIAL AND THAT WILL SHOW UP THIS COMING FALL BELIEVE IT OR NOT WHO CARES IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT. NOW I REST FROM THIS TOPIC. JUST HAD TO GET THAT OUT MY SYSTEM.

and in 97.............i was there too........... man... i wanted to go to jstate because my parents went there.....but that was before i had ever seen southern.... and obvoiusly you see what happened:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back