What Are The 5 Most Recognized Bands In Hbcu?

NastyD

Da 1 & Only
WHAT FIVE BANDS IN HBCU, DO YOU THINK IS NATIONALLY KNOWN THROUGH OUT AMERICA AND HAS GREAT SUPPORT NO MATTER WHAT?

1. Marching 100
2. Human Jukebox
3. Sonic Boom
4. Gramblings band (don't know there real name)
5. BCC band ( I think Marching Wildcats )

1. Grambling
2. Famu
3. SU
4. JSU
5. don't know

but if you asked a white person this question....3,4, and 5 would be really hard...

it doesnt even matter who the five most recognized bands are these days cuz they arent necessarily the best anymore...i mean some schools like SU and JSU are still handling there bizness...but take for instance FAMU and GSU. FAMU has been on a gradual decline for the last few years and BCC has proven to be better than them. GSU is now in the bottom tier of the SWAC as far as quality is concerned (though they have made a lot of improvement this year). but this millenium has proven to be the era of the schools that have traditionally not receieved a lot of pub like AAMU, UAPB, bama state, and PVAMU (though they always did have a nice band program). so

Originally posted by freak-nastee
it doesnt even matter who the five most recognized bands are these days cuz they arent necessarily the best anymore...i mean some schools like SU and JSU are still handling there bizness...but take for instance FAMU and GSU. FAMU has been on a gradual decline for the last few years and BCC has proven to be better than them. GSU is now in the bottom tier of the SWAC as far as quality is concerned (though they have made a lot of improvement this year). but this millenium has proven to be the era of the schools that have traditionally not receieved a lot of pub like AAMU, UAPB, bama state, and PVAMU (though they always did have a nice band program). so

I must say that I agree with you. Alot of schools are now getting alot of recognized that haven't been before. That is true. But the 5 names that sell are GSU SU JSU BCC and FAMU. It has happen plenty of times where just the mere mention of one of these bands being at a specific spot and performing has just boosted ticket sales. The 5 schools that I have listed do many things such as commercials, music videos, battles, etc.. It is just a proven fact that these 5 sales. Sure we have fell off I mean everybody can run hot and then everyone will run cold. But we still entertainded people and made alot of people make alot of money.

Originally posted by freak-nastee
it doesnt even matter who the five most recognized bands are these days cuz they arent necessarily the best anymore..

It does matter when it is the title of the thread.

Originally posted by BLUEBENGAL
1. Jackson State
2. Southern
3. Grambling
4. FAMU
5. Tennessee State

Could not have said it better myself. Were talking nationally right, and of all times.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
In order...
1. Grambling
2. FAMU
3. Southern
4. Tennessee State
5. Jackson State

How Dare Yall DISREPECT Jackson by putting them LAST.:redhot:

If Southern is gonna be on the top 5 then they should be #4
Jackson didn't get to be the Sonic Boom of the South for nothing.

It should go like this......
1)Grambling
2)FAMU
3)Jackson
4)Southern
5)Tennessee State :D

Originally posted by BayouBandit03
How Dare Yall DISREPECT Jackson by putting them LAST.:redhot:

If Southern is gonna be on the top 5 then they should be #4
Jackson didn't get to be the Sonic Boom of the South for nothing.

It should go like this......
1)Grambling
2)FAMU
3)Jackson
4)Southern
5)Tennessee State :D

Smh......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is a lot easier than some of you are making it. What Are The 5 Most Recognized Bands? Key Most Recognized? This says nothing about how good the bands are. Keep it real folks....

In no particular order:

1. Southern University's "Human Jukebox"
2. Florida A&M's "Marching 100"
3. Grambling State University's "World Famed"
4. Howard University
5. Jackson State's "Sonic Boom of the South"

As someone stated, I struggle a little with "Most Recognized" after the first 3 because I toss with 4 & 5 including also Tennessee State and North Carolina A&T.

I think some bands like Prairie View could be break into this list if they got out more. They stick around Texas basically, so no ones knows anything about them. Now that they get a chance to be on TV a couple of times a year, they make the mistake of playing with their backs to the TV cameras.

So, that is how I see it. A top 3 Most Recognized is easy. The remaining 2 may be adjusted probably depending on the area of the country you are in.

"Do Something Passionate Today"

Peace!!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
This is a lot easier than some of you are making it. What Are The 5 Most Recognized Bands? Key Most Recognized? This says nothing about how good the bands are. Keep it real folks....

In no particular order:

1. Southern University's "Human Jukebox"
2. Florida A&M's "Marching 100"
3. Grambling State University's "World Famed"
4. Howard University
5. Jackson State's "Sonic Boom of the South"

As someone stated, I struggle a little with "Most Recognized" after the first 3 because I toss with 4 & 5 including also Tennessee State and North Carolina A&T.

I think some bands like Prairie View could be break into this list if they got out more. They stick around Texas basically, so no ones knows anything about them. Now that they get a chance to be on TV a couple of times a year, they make the mistake of playing with their backs to the TV cameras.

So, that is how I see it. A top 3 Most Recognized is easy. The remaining 2 may be adjusted probably depending on the area of the country you are in.

"Do Something Passionate Today"

Peace!!!

:nod2:

LOL@some posts.

Anyway. No HBCU band is more recognized than FAMU. As much as I hate to say it. But that's the truth.

My order is as honest as I can be:
1. FAMU
2. GSU
3. Southern U.
4. Jackson State U
5. Tennessee St. U

Originally posted by JR
LOL@some posts.

Anyway. No HBCU band is more recognized than FAMU. As much as I hate to say it. But that's the truth.

My order is as honest as I can be:
1. FAMU
2. GSU
3. Southern U.
4. Jackson State U
5. Tennessee St. U [/B]

I beg to differ....You can be more honest than that...:lmao: but it is your opinion!

fa7e2214.jpg

Back