We need a new board

Da_Sperm

Why we don't have a FINANCIAL BOARD? We have sports, band, roundtable, smalltalk, garden, technology, media, ect, but we don't have a FINANCIAL BOARD.

Even if we don't have a financial guru, we can learn from each others financial experiences. I don't care if its money, real estate, credit card, interest rates, auto loan, home loan, new articles, etc.

I don't care if its collections, garnishments, 401K, teacher retirement, insurance, etc. We need an on going financial board. I bet we have financial planners, real estate agents, bankers, insurance agents, loan officers all on this board that we can utilize.

Kenn, hook it up. The SWAC people have financial power in America, lets show it.

Let's do a trial run...

Last year I maxed out my 401K contributions.

This year the goal is to max out my 401K and IRA contributions.

Let's do a trial run...

GOOD. Now mine (401K) is not maxed out, although I keep adding 1% every now and then to get to the maxed out %. Oh how I wish my 401K was maxed out and I could max out my IRA contributions.

My $650/month truck note ends in 6 more payments. I plan to either put all that money into my 401K or on my house note. Its looking like 401K though.

GOOD STUFF MAN.

Thats a good idea! We have had some interesting financial discussions on the
Round Table Discussion board, but a specific board would be wonderful.

GOOD. Now mine (401K) is not maxed out, although I keep adding 1% every now and then to get to the maxed out %. Oh how I wish my 401K was maxed out and I could max out my IRA contributions.

My $650/month truck note ends in 6 more payments. I plan to either put all that money into my 401K or on my house note. Its looking like 401K though.

GOOD STUFF MAN.

Dude, I cut a lot out to max my 401 K last year.

Wow $650 a month for your truck???? You ONLY pay that. My truck is more than that.

With proper planning the IRA max will be a non-issue this year along with the 401K.

Dude, I cut a lot out to max my 401 K last year.

Wow $650 a month for your truck???? You ONLY pay that. My truck is more than that.

With proper planning the IRA max will be a non-issue this year along with the 401K.

**coughing....yall credit different, and probably paid a different downpayment, so quite naturally payments would be higher or lower than the other one. :swink:

Great suggestion though Sperm, we could all use food for thought, but I keep personal finance discussions to a minimum with friends/associates. There's a very fine line with this subject.

Let's do a trial run...

Leave all of that stuff alone and let it mature on its own. Invest your money in home rental property.

**coughing....yall credit different, and probably paid a different downpayment, so quite naturally payments would be higher or lower than the other one. :swink:

Great suggestion though Sperm, we could all use food for thought, but I keep personal finance discussions to a minimum with friends/associates. There's a very fine line with this subject.

Maybe... Let's see, I have wonderful credit and the truck was purchase with 0 down payment. Also, I pickup the truck Feb 2005 and due to some bad planning, It will take me until Feb 2008 to pay it off.

Think out of the box.

I don't think he is talking about your personal business, but rather ways to invest and learn about different investing strategies. In other words giving out pointers on how the market is changing and being prepared. I think we all could use some of that advice time to time.

bigtwothumbup.gif

Maybe... Let's see, I have wonderful credit and the truck was purchase with 0 down payment. Also, I pickup the truck Feb 2005 and due to some bad planning, It will take me until Feb 2008 to pay it off.

Think out of the box.

I'm being REAL. There are some people who have mentalities that they should pay the same amount as others with car/truck notes and don't think about the variations in credit. Wasn't pointing at either of you specifically about having good or bad credit. Speaking hypothetically. Glad you have wonderful credit though. :tup: I look foward to being note free in 2008 also. :nod:

I don't think he is talking about your personal business, but rather ways to invest and learn about different investing strategies. In other words giving out pointers on how the market is changing and being prepared. I think we all could use some of that advice time to time.

Right which is why I said we can all use food for thought with this subject.
Finances are always a work in progress.

I will share this piece of financial advice that most people don't know. Save tons of interest payments by splitting the note.

Pay half of your note 14 days before the due date then pay the 2nd half of your note on the due date.

You will save $$$

Why we don't have a FINANCIAL BOARD? We have sports, band, roundtable, smalltalk, garden, technology, media, ect, but we don't have a FINANCIAL BOARD.

Even if we don't have a financial guru, we can learn from each others financial experiences. I don't care if its money, real estate, credit card, interest rates, auto loan, home loan, new articles, etc.

I don't care if its collections, garnishments, 401K, teacher retirement, insurance, etc. We need an on going financial board. I bet we have financial planners, real estate agents, bankers, insurance agents, loan officers all on this board that we can utilize.

Kenn, hook it up. The SWAC people have financial power in America, lets show it.

That was Sonny!

I will share this piece of financial advice that most people don't know. Save tons of interest payments by splitting the note.

Pay half of your note 14 days before the due date then pay the 2nd half of your note on the due date.

You will save $$$

Creflo dollar said the same thing this morning. Some companies won't let ya do that.

You will save $$$

Most of those companies charge you some upfront cost to do this.

Back