Verizon iPhone or HTC Thunderbolt? Which one should I get?

A dude at work Jailbroke my iphone... I get free wifi hotspot ... I had the same thing on my Droid X. A jailbroke Iphone has a totally different app store than the Apple app store. With the Iphone everything is just simplified..... its like using an Mac vs a PC. I will never buy another PC.

Right and there's an app called installous from the Rock app store and you can download any app for free on the iPhone...

A dude at work Jailbroke my iphone... I get free wifi hotspot ... I had the same thing on my Droid X. A jailbroke Iphone has a totally different app store than the Apple app store. With the Iphone everything is just simplified..... its like using an Mac vs a PC. I will never buy another PC.

I plan to get a Mac as soon as Lion drops this summer.

One thing about Apple is that they don't allow Adobe Flash on their devices. For me for what I do ..I have to see websites that has flash. It all depends on what your needs are. I had the Iphone but I swapped it out with ATT HTC Inspire...I love it. For those who do not care about or do not have to go to websites that use flash then the IPHONE is great. I mean I check out FOREX and my provider that had an APP for the IPHONE but it was nothing like their website, there were things on their APP that would have put me at a lost. So I quickly swapped it out for the HTC. But like I said if you don't have to go to websites that use flash and their APPS are different (and most don't have APPs for the IPHONE) then stay with the Iphone.

Last edited:

We have a rooted market too, 3 of em actually.. the blapk market, apktor and another one. I know all about installous and cydia.. they been around since the first iphone. But ill bet money when you use the hotspot on the TB with LTE you wont even bother turning the one on the iphone on again. Well thats if Huntsville has LTE.

We have a rooted market too, 3 of em actually.. the blapk market, apktor and another one. I know all about installous and cydia.. they been around since the first iphone. But ill bet money when you use the hotspot on the TB with LTE you wont even bother turning the one on the iphone on again. Well thats if Huntsville has LTE.

different strokes for different folks....my hotspot was fast for what I needed to do on 3g.... I have home internet for free... I only use the hospot when I go out of town and thats rare.

Picked up that thang today. And I will be damned if it is not taking 3 hours to download the sych software from HTC (my laptop is connecting at 10 gps). And my iphone would not allow the HTC to connect via bluetooth so I could get my contacts. And the chick at Costco got rid of my iphone data plan so now my iphone wont do data unless it is over wifi, which I know is going to mess me over on being grandfathered in on ulimited data. That is why I hate doing stuff with folks who arent AT&T corporate owned store folks.

BTW... I like my iphone over all the Androids I had. Main reason is battery life. This battery is 100 times better than my Droid X. I been listening to music on my phone for over 2 hours...and my battery is still full.... would have NEVER happenned on my Droid.... I had to keep a charger at my desk at work, car, and house. Sometimes i would be out with no battery strength. Also even though the android and apple have alot of the same apps.... the Apps made for iphones are just better... Facebook for example on Iphone is KILLING facebook on Android.

The better battery life is one of the FIRST things I noticed when I got my iPhone. When I had my Motorola Droid, I had to bring my charger to work with me. By the time lunch would come around my battery would be around 30-40% or less. I would have to keep a charger. If I left my charger at home, I would have to shut down the internet connection until I needed it (usually at lunch or on break) or my phone would be dead by the time I got off work. I left my iPhone charger at home one day and I just knew that my battery would run out. I was shocked when I got off work and I still had plenty of power left.
Another thing I just noticed. It seems that iPhone's battery also charges quicker than the Droid battery. I could be down to 20% or so and plug my phone up and it seems like after about 15 minutes or so, I'm up to 50% or more. It would take forever for my Droid to charge like that.

I also agree that it seems like the apps are designed better on the iPhone. When I got my iPhone I was glad that I was getting that Facebook app back. I had it on my iPod Touch and loved it more than the one on the Droid.

CJ, you might want to try Facely HD for iPhone. I like it better than the original Facebook app..

The better battery life is one of the FIRST things I noticed when I got my iPhone. When I had my Motorola Droid, I had to bring my charger to work with me. By the time lunch would come around my battery would be around 30-40% or less. I would have to keep a charger. If I left my charger at home, I would have to shut down the internet connection until I needed it (usually at lunch or on break) or my phone would be dead by the time I got off work. I left my iPhone charger at home one day and I just knew that my battery would run out. I was shocked when I got off work and I still had plenty of power left.
Another thing I just noticed. It seems that iPhone's battery also charges quicker than the Droid battery. I could be down to 20% or so and plug my phone up and it seems like after about 15 minutes or so, I'm up to 50% or more. It would take forever for my Droid to charge like that.

I also agree that it seems like the apps are designed better on the iPhone. When I got my iPhone I was glad that I was getting that Facebook app back. I had it on my iPod Touch and loved it more than the one on the Droid.

CJ, you might want to try Facely HD for iPhone. I like it better than the original Facebook app..

The battery life on my iPad is pretty strong. I can go a 34 mile commute one way and a 8 hour work day with continuous use on one charge easy. Just as long it's simple stuff like listening to music, emails, or web browsing and such. Games and movies runs it down quicker. However, I did leave my iPad in a friends car who was from out of town and it held a charge for 10 straight days in sleep mode. I was able to track his car through MobileMe. I shocked the hell out of him when I called him to let him know my iPad was in his car. I think he was somewhere he did't want his wife to know about.:swink:

Now as for Facebook, I usually don't run a lot of iPhone apps on my iPad because that up scaling looks so crappy, but I have to admit the iPhone Facebook app is nice. I preferred the app over connecting through Safari. But I use an app called Friendly now because it's a actual an iPad app.

This Facely for Facebook is pretty tight. It looks like it handles photos and videos better and the app loads faster. I downloaded the free version I might check out the paid version latter.

Back