Upside Down Vehicle Payments

That's why I can't lease. A girl here is leasing a Nissan Maxima. She told me its a 3 yr lease and she can only drive 36k miles. I looked at her like she was crazy. In Atlanta? Man I can put 150 miles on my car in a day depending on where my errands take me. I couldn't deal with knowing my driving was restricted.
Exactly...that's why I've never leased...although, I may check into leasing, once I relocate back to BR.

That's why I can't lease. A girl here is leasing a Nissan Maxima. She told me its a 3 yr lease and she can only drive 36k miles. I looked at her like she was crazy. In Atlanta? Man I can put 150 miles on my car in a day depending on where my errands take me. I couldn't deal with knowing my driving was restricted.

BABAY, she is a plumb fool to lease in the ATL. i already have 15k plus and i'm just 9 months into my term. my brother leased once, and told me if i ever thought about leasing a car he would break my neck. and he leased a Maxima also.

We have been blessed to become a 3 car family, which basically gives us 2 city cars and one weekend/highway vehicle. Soon, we will add another car for the teenager.

250K miles? Man, the Expedition has 130K miles and it is almost 8 years old. How many more years will it take me to get to 250K miles?
Mines is a Ford Explorer. That truck has been across the world and back. :lol:

Mines is a Ford Explorer. That truck has been across the world and back. :lol:

I had a 1989 Toyota Camry with 130K miles on it. It was still in good condition when I sold it last year.

My 1999 Avalon has 77K miles on it. I love Toyotas! :tup:

I will NEVER buy another Isuzu, but it has lasted a while for me. The parts are just too high and hard to get to under the hood.
yeah, I'm having one of my first major repair jobs done, coming up. The rear main seal is leaking. I've gotta get that fixed.

I only buy used cars. I bought a used truck with 20,000 miles on it and got 250k on it and it is still going.
Same here... I did that with both a car I still have and a truck I'm currently running miles up on. Never had any major problems out of either. My truck was from a rental agency who only rented it out to a bank in the area. So, it had little miles at the time and everything I wanted in it. I will run at least 250k on it. My car, I already ran it up and gave it to my mother. Only a few minor problems thus far.

you know i almost bout a used Altima back in 03, it was an 03 it had about 20,000 miles on it. i always said if i could go back and change it i would get it. i didn't want it because it was a 5 speed, and even though i know how to drive one, test drove it and everything, i wasn't fond of the thought of shifting gears for the next 5-7 years. boy was on some spoiled shat then. it was maroon too Cee, so perfect for me.... :no:

Naw, your BLUE Xterra was best! ***SNICKER***

didn't you get enough Sunday? :lmao: don't make me go get Terry! :lol:

Please don't get him!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't have enough Jags with me! :lol:

I laughed all the way back to Hunts Vegas about Snake using up his house minutes!!!!!!!! :lmao:

My Blazer has 471,000 miles on the original motor.... She's old enough to vote and drink (an '84) but she keeps chugging along...

My 01 Suburban has 125,000 miles on it, and I'm looking to get rid of it...

But the Blazer's a keeper...

:tup:

Michelle Singletary of NPR's Day to Day did a story on this very topic earlier this week. Take a listen. She offers some good tips.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10512478

Day to Day, May 29, 2007 ? Taking out a car loan for longer than four years is rarely a good idea.

Consumers often tire of their cars soon after the new car smell wears off, and they often consider trading in their wheels before it is even paid for.

Our personal finance contributor talks about why that is a bad idea, and explains how you can end up being "upside down" on a car loan.

I didn't have any trouble with mine but of course I jumped out of it early....to get into my Honda....

You forgot that they were saying the Fuel Pump was leaking in the Rodeo. That's why the check engine light was coming on. They was trying to charge about 5 hunnerd dollars to fix that thang. :lol:

Cee, you missed some funny stuff last weekend in ATL. Bruh, I haven't laughed that hard in a minute. :lmao:

You forgot that they were saying the Fuel Pump was leaking in the Rodeo. That's why the check engine light was coming on. They was trying to charge about 5 hunnerd dollars to fix that thang. :lol:

Cee, you missed some funny stuff last weekend in ATL. Bruh, I haven't laughed that hard in a minute. :lmao:

I shole wish I could have been there. I know yall showed out. :lol:

......oh so yall laughin? Funny hunh Mike?? Ahkekekekekeke :whatever:

Cee yeen miss shat! :lol: Terry head still the shape of a potato.

"Snake"

Back