Tyra's Country Boyz!

pbla

Focus
Have yall heard Tyra's new cut 'Country Boyz"? I'm tripping when she call the brotha's from Atlanta and Miami country boys. :confused:

I can understand if she had said Jackson, Baton Rouge,Huntsville or Pine Bluff :emlaugh: But anyway I like the song. :tup:

pbla said:
Have yall heard Tyra's new cut 'Country Boyz"? I'm tripping when she call the brotha's from Atlanta and Miami country boys. :confused:

I can understand if she had said Jackson, Baton Rouge,Huntsville or Pine Bluff :emlaugh: But anyway I like the song. :tup:

Anything from the South constitutes 'country'. That's the way they think...:rolleyes:

LS Syndicate said:
Yall ain't heard? Country is in now! L, Nelly got St. Louis thinkin' they country now.

Hell STL is country. Full of nothing but folks from the SIP, Bama, LA and Arkansas. Plus it is only up the road from Arkansas and Memphis. LOL.

The song sucks! :tdown: I watched the video on BET. After a good minute, it annoyed me and I changed the channel.

CriTAUcal said:
The song sucks! :tdown: I watched the video on BET. After a good minute, it annoyed me and I changed the channel.

Now see, she chose your girl Eva over my girl YaYa! And Tyra can't get any props?:hat:

pbla said:
Now see, she chose your girl Eva over my girl YaYa! And Tyra can't get any props?:hat:

You mean the singer is Tyra Banks???? You see how much I paid attention to the video before turning? :lol: I never looked at the face.

CriTAUcal said:
You mean the singer is Tyra Banks???? You see how much I paid attention to the video before turning? :lol: I never looked at the face.

Co-sign. When I heard it come on, I didn't even look up at the t.v......I was looking for the remote.

Ya'll gotta be bullshattin.....Tyra Banks sing that bullshat? What happened to that other song she had released?

I've heard the song on the radio but did not realize it was Tyra Banks. I also change the station when that song comes on.

pbla said:

**** yall are country :bump: :xeye:

Dayum, is this a topic NOW? I mean the song has only been in rotation for about 5 months now, I thought it would've played itself out by now.

In any case, it's not a bad generalization, when you consider we have rap artist from various southern cities, including Altanta, Houston, Memphis, Miami, New Orleans, and the like claiming to be county on their records.

They've put it out there that they're/we're country, and very few times in their videos do they even care to show the urban sides of the places in which they live. Then once you throw in the images that are shown in their videos, how would one think differently?

They show low end projects, they parade around in wife beaters, with the shorts hanging off of their arses, gold teeth out the arse, dirt roads, man the list goes on, and on.

I never thought of New Orleans being country while growing up, and though the city is not country looking, the mentality is, and it took me to leave the south to see it. Initially I thought, "why are these people calling me country, I'm from New Orleans? far from country", but upon my return, I was like whoa, I'm a country muthaphugga, and so are my fellow New Orleanians.

I haven't seen the video, but I've heard the song countless times, and I don't personally find anything wrong with it. Can't get mad at a person for playing up a persona that's self inflicted, sort of like black people getting mad because white people still call us niggra's, when we do it all the time amongst ourselves.

my 2 copper pennies.

NICE

D-NICE said:
Initially I thought, "why are these people calling me country, I'm from New Orleans? far from country", but upon my return, I was like whoa, I'm a country muthaphugga, and so are my fellow New Orleanians.

DNICE
:lmao:

Yeah even 50cent trying to talk country. Everybody want to be from the South now.I love the irony here in America.

I dunno....none of what you described do I consider country. You put these cats out on a real ranch and will find out quick how country they are. :)

D-NICE said:
I never thought of New Orleans being country while growing up, and though the city is not country looking, the mentality is, and it took me to leave the south to see it. Initially I thought, "why are these people calling me country, I'm from New Orleans? far from country", but upon my return, I was like whoa, I'm a country muthaphugga, and so are my fellow New Orleanians.

Sounds like just came out of denial. :lol:

northern tiger said:
Sounds like just came out of denial. :lol:

Come on NT you from the West Side of the Chi. Now if them cats ain't country over there I don't know what is. :lol: Now I do agree with Nice, we are country in the ATL and proud of it. :bowdown:

CEE DOG said:
Come on NT you from the West Side of the Chi. Now if them cats ain't country over there I don't know what is. :lol:

They don't believe it Cee Dog....:rolleyes:

CEE DOG said:
Come on NT you from the West Side of the Chi. Now if them cats ain't country over there I don't know what is. :lol: Now I do agree with Nice, we are country in the ATL and proud of it. :bowdown:

Looka hear youngin'. Everybody (black folks) from the "Chi" has the same family history involving the great migration. So that statement is applicable to blacks on the north, the south, and THE WESTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people just in denial.

NT, I'm talking about 15 years ago, I've been out of denial for quite some time now.

BP, I'm not talking ranch, and bailing hey country, but CEE DOG gets where I'm coming from. Just because you're from an urban metropolis, doesn't negate the fact, that we're just some good ol country folk in the south, granted there are some big differences in defining country, but nonetheless, in the grand scheme of things, we all are.

My first year of living in New York, I was amazed at the speed of how everything moved up there. Sure things happen in the south, that happens up north, but unless you've lived in both, you really can't gauge how different we are, and the first thing that comes to mind is just how fast things move, and happen.

That was the first thing I noticed when I went home, was how slow New Orleans seemed, after spending an extended amount of time away.

NICE

D-NICE said:
NT, I'm talking about 15 years ago, I've been out of denial for quite some time now.

BP, I'm not talking ranch, and bailing hey country, but CEE DOG gets where I'm coming from. Just because you're from an urban metropolis, doesn't negate the fact, that we're just some good country folk in the south, granted there are some big differences in defining country, but nonetheless, in the grand scheme of things, we all are.

NICE

Naw mane, it was just a joke.

Ok how many of yall on here sap up syrup and butter with a biscuit, cornbread or light bread? If you have....you are country. :nod:

CEE DOG said:

Yeah man, don't be airing out our jacked-up stereotypes in these parts. They are not as simple as they are perceived. Its just a slavery mentality to help boost the self esteem of southsiders. Westsiders really don't care. But man those south side negores, they will go out of their way to let you know what part of the city they reside. They can toot their horn all they want, but we still "g" all of their women. :lol:

NT, I took it as a joke pottna, sorry if the tone was different.

p, as a kid I loved sapping up a biscuit with some Brer Rabbit Syrup, they don't sell it up here, so I haven't done it in a while, but I've become quite fond on jelly on biscuits. Something as a kid, I would never do.

NICE

Back