Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion, Weekend's Number One Movie!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Very good movie! The movie had a good message and it was entertaining. The movie was great, but the people that came to the movie brought their kids and they were crying and playing through the whole movie. Why do people bring their babies and small kids to movies like this?

Cause it's sometimes the easiest thing to do Mane......I have kids ages 1 and 2......but mine i've have not been any problems......I think its the issue of the dark comfortable room that gets them

I am so glad to hear, he was #1, this w/e....:jump:

My family and I will be going to see the movie on this Friday...can't wait. :tup:

Very good movie! Saw it in Atlanta yesteerday; more whites in the theater than Blacks.

Great job Tyler Perry!

I tried to see it this weekend in Jackson and Natchez. Sold out which was good. Will check it out this weekend though.

Saw it Friday and Sunday and ready to see it again. AWEsome job Tyler. :jump: I love to see a black man do well. :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I too think the movie was great! However, this morning on V-103, Ryan Cameron was reading a letter from some guy named Les who said he speaks for the silent, educated, black segment that thinks Tyler Perry and Martin Lawrence (and others like them), are just perpetuating the bafoonery, of the "Mammy" type sterotypes. I even heard the word "c**n" a few times.

What do y'all think?

Here's Tyler's response to his fan club emailing list:

Tyler Perry said:
I am Speechless! My Grand Mother used to say, if you can't say a word just
wave your hands. Right now I'm just waving my hands.

I'm standing in the shadows of gratitude. Thank YOU! for making Madea's
Family Reunion the number one movie in America.

I will send you another email soon, but right now I'm overwhelmed and it's
time for me to enter into his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with
praise.

Tyler

:tup: :tup: :tup: I saw this movie wthis weekend. I was great.

Now the movie was quite different from the play. Did anyone notice that?

Went to the movies lastnight as soon as I left the airport, jetlag and all to see MFR. It was worth it...

JSTUS said:
Saw it Friday and Sunday and ready to see it again.

You're not the first person I've heard say that they're going to see it more than once. A friend of mine saw it Sunday and said she's going again this weekend. I'm going to see it again myself this weekend or next.

Big Thunder said:
I too think the movie was great! However, this morning on V-103, Ryan Cameron was reading a letter from some guy named Les who said he speaks for the silent, educated, black segment that thinks Tyler Perry and Martin Lawrence (and others like them), are just perpetuating the bafoonery, of the "Mammy" type sterotypes. I even heard the word "c**n" a few times.

What do y'all think?

In a world like today, people just want to laugh.

Big Thunder said:

What do y'all think?
I think that's bullschitt...some people need to lighten up. It's comedy...the same as any other comedian/actor. :smh:

Back