Tyler Perry’s Acrimony (2018 Movie) – Taraji P. Henson

I agree. And I respect the fact that everyone isn't going to agree on what is or isn't a good TP movie, and that's fine. The larger point is - like everyone else in Hollywood - TP has the ability to make movies for us to like or dislike. I think the thing that gets us in trouble is because TP's movies are (mostly) black and involve a mostly black cast or audience, that each one HAS to be good. And I think that is due to the fact that there are not a lot of black movies being made and we automatically expect the few that do come out to be great each time...which isn't going to always happen.

TP should be appreciated rather than criticized. He brings black actors to forefront. What I really want him to do is be the bad guy in a movie. Like how Denzel in Training Day.

Aww...come on Storm, that ain't fair. Don't confuse "lowballing" with simply having a limited budget. .

Nah, I'm not making this stuff up. Through the years, Tyler has been the subject of MULTIPLE complaints by SAG, the Writers Guild, etc for not paying the minimum wage and providing required benefits to production staff. It is what it is.

Damn, Storm, if every movie maker lived up to your standards, very few movies would get made. LOL!!! Come on man, lighten up. LOL!!!

You said that you didn't like any of Ava Duvernay's work (which includes Selma and Queen Sugar) but I'm the bad guy for saying Tyler's a bad writer???LOL.I've been entertained by some of the stuff Tyler does. Again, I'm just acknowledging that he is a bad writer. Bad stuff can be entertaining. My mother watches that show that he has on Oprah's network. She says its bad, but she still watches and I suspect a lot of people feel that way. I swear I watched an episode a couple years ago. One of the actresses was pregnant. My last visit home my mother was watching and ol girl was still pregnant, LOL. She said said that eventhough its been over 2 seasons, only a week has passed on the show. That makes no sense.

Last edited:

Empire premieres on March 28, Acrimony is released on March 30. Looks like a "Cookie" overkill, will people pay $8 to see Cookie on the big screen? I'm predicting the movie will go "belly up." Taraji, needs to decide, television or movies, you can't be successful doing both.

Last edited:
I may not like all of Tyler Perry's work, but I respect his game. Let's be honest, without TP many blacks would not be in the Hollywood scene. White America ain't exactly breaking their necks to give us diversity. They only wanna show us as pimps, hoes and drug dealers gang banging killing each other.

TP should be appreciated rather than criticized. He brings black actors to forefront. What I really want him to do is be the bad guy in a movie. Like how Denzel in Training Day.

SO no one else does? Not the guys behind Moonlight, Dear White People, Dope, Get Out and all those other movies?

Oh the difference between them and Tyler is they can get ripped to shreds and nitpicked apart for any little thing from who they are married to, to who they date, to the number of biracial women they cast and to trying to do stories of not being maids, pimps, whores, bitter black women or who FUNDS the film.

Nothing is wrong for appreciating what he has done but let not forget all the others who have hustled outside the box. Instead of making crap like Superfly 2018 with Trump's hairpiece.

.......Nothing is wrong for appreciating what he has done but let not forget all the others who have hustled outside the box..

skyvolt, no one is forgetting the others who have hustled outside the box. But this thread is not about them. This thread is about Tyler Perry/Taraji P. Henson. Or, maybe I am missing something, hell, I don't know. But anyway......

Just watched it....

I think I laughed more than anything...

I enjoyed it because it was a rollercoaster ride from start to finish...

Ok it was a good movie but the ending sucked!!! I won't spoil it but I think it should have ended with an ending similar to the original Psycho.

Just watched it....

I think I laughed more than anything...

I enjoyed it because it was a rollercoaster ride from start to finish...

I think the ending should have been like Psycho where she was arrested and placed in an institution....thus possibly leading to a sequel(s). Taraji could play a great female serial killer. Good lord... LOL...also her comments were funny as hell.

When she was talking about her sister's husbands was crazy funny as hell.

Ok it was a good movie but the ending sucked!!! I won't spoil it but I think it should have ended with an ending similar to the original Psycho.

Makes you wonder did Tyler get bored and just said f-it at the end as you are right. There were alot of holes in the story they needed to address but it was good for the most part. Do they even use focus groups anymore?

Makes you wonder did Tyler get bored and just said f-it at the end as you are right. There were alot of holes in the story they needed to address but it was good for the most part. Do they even use focus groups anymore?

So true because how the hell does she get thrown off the boat then end up back on the boat. Then the foot in the anchor. Anchors don't work like that because of the wench system.

My ending...she gets institutionalized and then released only to start again but with a multiple personality disorder picturing every man as her ex. With a different title word. Only that this time she does not get caught.

So true because how the hell does she get thrown off the boat then end up back on the boat. Then the foot in the anchor. Anchors don't work like that because of the wench system.

My ending...she gets institutionalized and then released only to start again but with a multiple personality disorder picturing every man as her ex. With a different title word. Only that this time she does not get caught.
Don’t talk the movie, Found. lol

I enjoyed the movie. It put a lil’ scare in me to stop dealing w/ women because most have BPD.

Empire premieres on March 28, Acrimony is released on March 30. Looks like a "Cookie" overkill, will people pay $8 to see Cookie on the big screen? I'm predicting the movie will go "belly up." Taraji, needs to decide, television or movies, you can't be successful doing both.

The movie was good.

Empire should be in its last season....it has become piss poor.

I enjoyed the movie. Count me in though as one of those who would have enjoyed a sequel. I wanted to see ole girl wreak even more havoc in another movie....LOL And that bitter azz sister (smh).....LOL!

I was right, the movie is a flop. So far the movie has profited about $5 million.

No you weren't....The movie cost 20M to make and in only it's 2nd week it has grossed 31M. Of course it's not a mega hit like Black Panther but no one expected it to be.

It would have to make 40million to be profitable

Back