TxSU pulls out of the Cracker Barrel BOTB

TnSU/Cookman are the winners
Su takes second
Norfolk was great soundwise but not as entertaining as the top three
JSU was great soundwise but their show was lacking. It was precise no doubt. Their sound was right with TnSU and Cookman but everything else in the show just wasn't as entertaining. They didn't play in the stands that I know of and left right after performing on the field.
Langston was great just not as great soundwisee as everyone else...still sounded good, still did great.

Last edited:

TnSU/Cookman are the winners
Su takes second
Norfolk was great soundwise but not as entertaining as the top three
JSU was great soundwise but their show was lacking. It was precise no doubt. Their sound was right with TnSU and Cookman but everything else in the show just wasn't as entertaining. They didn't play in the stands that I know of and left right after performing on the field.
Langston was great just not as great soundbite as everyone else...still sounded good, still did great.

I won't rank SU (although they had the best show) since that's where I marched but I would say A&T and Norfolk were better than the others.

I won't rank SU (although they had the best show) since that's where I marched but I would say A&T and Norfolk were better than the others.
Ehhhh Ayantee had a good show but compared to TnSU, Cookman and SU, naw. The group I was with aren't bandheads. They enjoyed Ayantee on the ballad and the majorettes. I just didn't mention them because they didn't wow me with their show as usual. Show wise JSU disappointed me.

Ehhhh Ayantee had a good show but compared to TnSU, Cookman and SU, naw. The group I was with aren't bandheads. They enjoyed Ayantee on the ballad and the majorettes. I just didn't mention them because they didn't wow me with their show as usual. Show wise JSU disappointed me.

My only gripe with BCU is they didn't really do a drill.

Norfolk was really good on visuals and sound. Their show for me was a bit lackluster though. Them and TnSU were the best sounding to me. Cookman sounds amazing but Norfolk and TnSU played a bit more challenging music than they did, though.
I forgot to mention Talladega. I didn't catch their show and caught maybe one song but couldn't tell what they were playing. It sounded okay, just need to work on tone and harmony. They're tonguing their notes now and that has given their sound a HUGE improvement to me.

Overall, I think everyone did good with the amount of time they had to prepare their shows. It seems like Cookman never has a complete show for an early BOTB.

I know I am going to sound biased, but, I think SU gave the best field performance. I was a little disappointed in SU's stand selections although I think they were well performed.. I was also impressed with NCAT and Norfolk's field performances and TnSU's sound.

Back