TxSU pulls out of the Cracker Barrel BOTB

tsugraytiger

The host HBCU band is pulling out this weekend's BOTB due to the recent surge in COVID cases in Houston but is still scheduled to perform at the Labor Day Classic.

Is this a sign the fall band season won't go as planned? Is it just a cover up Mr. Simmons ain't ready yet? Should other bands pull out too?

It’s okay to say you’re not ready. It takes a lot to be performance ready this early.
I’m not judging them. They’re not ready & he’s not about to put his reputation on the line. Cause you know the band heads are thugs & internet bullies 😂.
just be ready for the LDC cause PV is coming. I hope it’s a good battle between the 2 of them. The band excitement needs to be on par with all the football team excitement that’s going on across the conference.

The Daily Show Idk GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

I saw one of there practices. They are not ready emotionally and performance wise. Good job to pull out if you know you cannot put your best foot forward.

I saw one of there practices. They are not ready emotionally and performance wise. Good job to pull out if you know you cannot put your best foot forward.
Texas Southern band members should have transferred to Jackson State, the Boom stays ready. Another thing, I noticed. When some bands give their first performance of the season, the dance team is missing in action, the dance team want their own reveal. If the band is ready for the performance, the dance team should be ready, also. A dance team SHOULD NOT TRUMP THE BAND! "Let's Go, "Show Time!"

You should be ready the day band camp starts. @JR . What's wrong with these new heads. Smh my how times have changed. When you hit that field you should have your azz ready.

Condolences to the young lady's family, that was in the Spring, this is the Fall, the show must go on. "Life doesn't stop for anybody."

Others have been infected. Life doesn't stop? What kind of callous bs...yall are ridiculous. Lemme go put that on the jsu post in here about the person yall lost, how about that?

@lilC
#1. Are they still practicing after the death?

#2. Did they postpone practice when 2 students allegedly tested positive?

# Will they perform at the LDC classic… an event that’s only 6 days after an event they pulled out from? (Due to the covid surge in Houston)

#4. Is covid not invited to the LDC or was it only invited to the BOTB?

I’ll be back to follow up after you answer those questions for me.

you aint going to be stuck in a indoor venue with 8 other bands from across the country and who else only to come back 6 days later - especially if vaccination levels are low

@lilC

# Will they perform at the LDC classic… an event that’s only 6 days after an event they pulled out from? (Due to the covid surge in Houston)

They had masks, vaccines, etc. TSU whole campus has been practicing that except for sports within reason. But others got it too. We are in Houston...the covid problem here is bad. Lowering exposure is a good thing. Covid isn't an excuse, it's a reason...the main reason.

@lilC

I dont really have to tell you anything, though. You can call the band hall and blow them that way. Lol

Back