TxSU FOOTBALL

I think folks need to accept that TXSU is a basketball school kind of like Kentucky with less success. They should probably stop throwing large amount of money at a football coach. My advice to them is to go after Langston's football coach, pay him a $150K with an incentive laced contract and see what kind of results it nets. Haywood should be fired immediately.

I totally agree

What needs to happen to get Langston’s coach there? I really think he deserves it great young energetic coach with a hell of a staff that can recruit.

All this talent in Houston is what get folks fired cause your not able to recruit the major talent. Time the Power 5, G5, FCS, JUCO, D2 finish your getting a watered down pool

It’s easier to go out of state and get a difference maker than recruiting locally. History says that’ll work

I somewhat agree, it is very difficult for TSU to recruit Houston because the fan base is disengaged. The best opportunity for TSU to recruit is in North, and East TX. TSU has an alum coaching a Fort Worth team in the playoffs now. TSU has many alums coaching in the DFW area, do you think anyone from TSU reaches out to them?
TSU has an alum that was a 4 year starter at TSU coaching in DFW, who's daddy and grandaddy played for TSU. Think the current staff can tell you who he is?

The selection process for hiring football coaches at TSU has been flawed for a long time. I'm hoping with the administration changes the selection process will change as well.

Texas Southern Football is a sleeping giant that the scientist keep fugging up the formula. It's obvious that why fans are disengaged and wondering if they doing the shat on purpose. TSU posts 3-4 winning seasons and they will not have to recruit Houston. Houston will come to us.

Haywood was a bad decision form the start. He had been out of the game too long, and couldn't get a job anywhere else (even as a special teams coach). He always thought he was better than TSU. He is a stubborn system guy. He believes his system wins, if it doesn't it must be the players. He refuses to or doesn't know how to adjust his system to the players he has. The game has passed him by. He should be fired or reassigned to facilities maintenance and handed a toilet scrubber.

I somewhat agree, it is very difficult for TSU to recruit Houston because the fan base is disengaged. The best opportunity for TSU to recruit is in North, and East TX. TSU has an alum coaching a Fort Worth team in the playoffs now. TSU has many alums coaching in the DFW area, do you think anyone from TSU reaches out to them?
TSU has an alum that was a 4 year starter at TSU coaching in DFW, who's daddy and grandaddy played for TSU. Think the current staff can tell you who he is?

The selection process for hiring football coaches at TSU has been flawed for a long time. I'm hoping with the administration changes the selection process will change as well.

Texas Southern Football is a sleeping giant that the scientist keep fugging up the formula. It's obvious that why fans are disengaged and wondering if they doing the shat on purpose. TSU posts 3-4 winning seasons and they will not have to recruit Houston. Houston will come to us.

Haywood was a bad decision form the start. He had been out of the game too long, and couldn't get a job anywhere else (even as a special teams coach). He always thought he was better than TSU. He is a stubborn system guy. He believes his system wins, if it doesn't it must be the players. He refuses to or doesn't know how to adjust his system to the players he has. The game has passed him by. He should be fired or reassigned to facilities maintenance and handed a toilet scrubber.

The same shaming consortium leaves sTu's campuses and travels up 290W for PV and then returns to sTu to help fugg up some more shit about your athletic program, as they equally do ours.

Bruuuuuuh!

We laughed at Walter Highsmith, Bill Thomas and Johnie Cole at times but they left pro athletes behind in the process. And most came from outside the city limits.

You got to have a different attitude in certain settings to be successful.

What works in Oklahoma City won’t work in Itta Bena and is what works in Itta Bena won’t work in Jackson

Reactions: J C
We laughed at Walter Highsmith, Bill Thomas and Johnie Cole at times but they left pro athletes behind in the process. And most came from outside the city limits.

You got to have a different attitude in certain settings to be successful.

What works in Oklahoma City won’t work in Itta Bena and is what works in Itta Bena won’t work in Jackson

Man, I wish I had a say so in the process. I have an couple coaches I would like to see on staff at TSU or at least get an interview. I have an O.C. I believe could save Haywood's azz and for probably 35-45% less $ than the current O.C. But he will not look outside of his own crappy little box.

Say what????? OK, who are you and what have you done to the "real" Sleeper????? LOL!!!!
All about whats best for TSU! Even if he has to stay for next year is whole staff should already be packing. He should have zero say in the new staff and he is HC in name only.

Who is Coach Morgan?

He's talking about Quinton Morgan at Langston. Since promoted to head coach Dec. 2015 he's:

2015-2016 5-0 Interim
2016-2017 6-3
2017-2018 10-1
2018-2019 9-2

Morgan played defensive back, wide receiver, and running back for Langston during the 2004 and 2005 seasons. Before transferring to LU, he played at Jackson State from 2003-2004. He played high school football at Bonnabel High School in New Orleans, La. He played four seasons of professional football, three of those years with the San Angelo Stampede Express in the IFL Arena League and one season with the AF2 Iowa Barnstormers.

http://www.langstonsports.com/roster/13/3/1243.php

I know AAMU hasn't been in the SWAC that long so you're not really on top of SWAC history so just know that Google is your friend.

I'm referring to recent credibility. No high school athlete cares about what's happened in the 60s thru 90s.

I know that's a hard pill for us to swallow...

Sir. Please, please STOP! No recommendations from unknown new members. Your guy is more than welcome to apply for the position once posted.
But I have heard Deion Sanders, and Ronnie lott may be his competition, among others.

I understand where you’re coming from but why so much animosity I just think he will be a great fit he’s young and full of energy and has a staff that will recruit like it’s no tomorrow!

He's talking about Quinton Morgan at Langston. Since promoted to head coach Dec. 2015 he's:

2015-2016 5-0 Interim
2016-2017 6-3
2017-2018 10-1
2018-2019 9-2

Morgan played defensive back, wide receiver, and running back for Langston during the 2004 and 2005 seasons. Before transferring to LU, he played at Jackson State from 2003-2004. He played high school football at Bonnabel High School in New Orleans, La. He played four seasons of professional football, three of those years with the San Angelo Stampede Express in the IFL Arena League and one season with the AF2 Iowa Barnstormers.

http://www.langstonsports.com/roster/13/3/1243.php
Seems like FootballAnimal8 should be reaching out to JSU. Anything ever associated with jsu has never worked out well for TSU.

Back