TxSU FOOTBALL

FootballAnimal8

So what’s gonna happen with the TSU Coaching situation this guy is 7-19 in three seasons. Are they thinking going in a different direction???

Wouldn't be surprised if both TSUs made a change. Rod Reed has underachieved for years at TnSU despite being able to recruit NFL talent to Nashville. They compete with a FBS school but fall flat in the OVC

TxSU losing to a rebuilding UAPB might have the nail in the coffin for Haywood. 3 years and not even have double digit wins with all the talent in Houston and Texas as a whole

Wouldn't be surprised if both TSUs made a change. Rod Reed has underachieved for years at TnSU despite being able to recruit NFL talent to Nashville. They compete with a FBS school but fall flat in the OVC

TxSU losing to a rebuilding UAPB might have the nail in the coffin for Haywood. 3 years and not even have double digit wins with all the talent in Houston and Texas as a whole

Yes with all that talent in the H you should be able to win! I don’t think he was a fit for black college football anyway

Yeah Rod Reed is the biggest underachieving Head Coach in HBCU football

As far as Texas Southern goes, it’s a shame that he couldn’t do better out there. TxSU needs to hire a young Texas guy...you should be able to recruit kids to Houston.

Do you want him. I think you can outbid TSU for the final year of that contract and then extend him on the hill. MARVELOUS NEW FACILITIES, MOST BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS IN THE STATE OF TEXAS BAR NONE AND PROBABLY IN THE SWAC. I HAVE NOT BEEN TO PINE BLUFF AND VALLEY SO I MAY STAND CORRECTED. HE MAY TAKE THE JOB AND TSU (TEXAS SOUTHERN) WOULD SUFFER THROUGH IT. SUCKS FOR US BUT WE HAVE TAKEN SO MANY OF YOUR COACHES.

All this talent in Houston is what get folks fired cause your not able to recruit the major talent. Time the Power 5, G5, FCS, JUCO, D2 finish your getting a watered down pool

It’s easier to go out of state and get a difference maker than recruiting locally. History says that’ll work

I think folks need to accept that TXSU is a basketball school kind of like Kentucky with less success. They should probably stop throwing large amount of money at a football coach. My advice to them is to go after Langston's football coach, pay him a $150K with an incentive laced contract and see what kind of results it nets. Haywood should be fired immediately.

What came first the chicken or the egg? I've followed Texas Southern football for 20 years and only 1999 or 2000 and 2010 were the only 2 years during that span that the fanbase was engaged and had interest in TSU football.

The 1st reference had us 7-1 going into our home game against GSU at 8-0 played in San Antonio. The 2nd reference as you know resulted in us vacating all wins and the SCG title. As each year passes by more and more fans lose interest which results in a an empty stadium.

Top recruits would prefer to play in front of a big, loud, and energetic fanbase and that will not find that at TSU. Could the 2nd largest HBCU in the country become that? Yes, without a doubt as there is just a huge dormant fanbase waiting and hoping for a winning team and good product on the field.

I'm a diehard TSU fan and supporter and it takes everything in me to muster up enough will power to even attend a TSU football fan. So, I'm not surprised one bit that others conclude that they would rather spend their time doing something else.

The bottom line is that we need to win and win fast with stringing together a legitimate team for 3-4 straight years. Wins will bring fans and fans will help with recruiting. The perfect Chicken or the egg illustration.

It’s tough in Houston because you are competing with not only other sports but other attractions as well. Seems TSU and UH face similar challenges, other schools out recruit them in Houston. Bring a commuter university is a challenge students finish classes on Friday and are not coming back for a game. However the SWAC needs TSU to be successful located in its largest city. I know our coach thought they had good talent and was physical.

Last edited:
Back