Tubas:Why do you think your section is the best in the land

Blue Giant

Da Cassanova of the Ghett
Do you think your section or your band has best tuba section and why?

I think the SilverDawgs are one of the best beacause they play with musicality. They also know as a section when to play aggresively and when to back off. In the band they are the model section that everybody is trying to be like. Alot of born leaders and people who just handle thier buisness comes from that section. They are very creative and or always showing there musicality in all of the fanfares they play. From Classical to funk, power fanfares to full songs. the silverdawgs leave audiences in amazement. I think alot of other section fall into this catagory, but alot do not and they think they do.

I feel SU section is one of the most unique... I think a tuba player may perfer T-can.....It may give a fuller sound...but the sound SU white horses gives off is pure funky!!!! It's a deep, dark, mello, driving sound...

Just listen SU bass horns on "Most Girls?... pure funk!!!

Originally posted by Blue Giant
Do you think your section or your band has best tuba section and why?

I think the SilverDawgs are one of the best beacause they play with musicality. They also know as a section when to play aggresively and when to back off. In the band they are the moel section that everybody is trying to be like. Alot of born leaders and people who just handle thier buisness comes from that section. They are very creative and or always showing there musicality in various of fanfares they play. From Classical to funk, power fanfares to full songs. the silverdawgs leave audiences in amazement. I think a lot of other section fall into this catagory, but alot do not and they think they do.
I kinda agree because the SilverDawgs come up with creative musical ideals that a lot of Swac Tuba sections end up playing a year or two later.

I think Mvsu has the best Tuba section in the swac. No matter what people say about the band in full the tuba section always on they ****. and you talk about playin with power.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: now lets get serious............ you are playing right????????

if not, you need one of these to wake you up!
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

no i'm not playin su felt them in fact a couple of cats from your band was talkin about how tight our tuba section was.

I can say that Valley's tubas were tight from 99-01. 02 they sounded bad when they played us. A lot of splatting and overblowing. Putting zipps where zips shouldnt go......

Just my OPINION. The OLD F.O.F (Alcorn Tuba Section) had this hands down back in the day from (99 on back) Now you had your good tuba section like Valley and AL State back in the day but F.O.F was very creative and very musical on there songs and fanfares. I can remember when I was a crab(99) the tubas came marching from the graveyard playing "Pinky and The Brain" that just blow my mind. And that section had some Characters lol (remembering the good old days) :lmao: :lmao: :D :D

you don't even want to talk abou Tuba sections in '99 because MVSU was too much. The really didn't have that much comp. except for Grambling and Alcorn, which they still won but they were good battles.

Originally posted by Mr.THUNDA!!!!
Just my OPINION. The OLD F.O.F (Alcorn Tuba Section) had this hands down back in the day from (99 on back) Now you had your good tuba section like Valley and AL State back in the day but F.O.F was very creative and very musical on there songs and fanfares. I can remember when I was a crab(99) the tubas came marching from the graveyard playing "Pinky and The Brain" that just blow my mind. And that section had some Characters lol (remembering the good old days) :lmao: :lmao: :D :D
:cool: I'm glad it's just your opinion. I will say that even though I don't like the quality of sound that comes from those fiberglass tubas, I never heard them overblow them. I feel Alcorn needs a little more groove.

Alabama State ,... back in the days (80's) they were the bomb but, today they are over blowing those tubas. It is out of character and tubas was not meant to be blown that way. Loudness DOES NOT always constitutes good and right. Give me QUALITY and INTONATION!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GoodFella
Putting zipps where zips shouldnt go......

They were doing this all season i guess cause they were doing it when they came to mumford.........i was like wtf....every 2 or 3 measures on some songz

Originally posted by SUtrp96
I feel SU section is one of the most unique... I think a tuba player may perfer T-can.....It may give a fuller sound...but the sound SU white horses gives off is pure funky!!!! It's a deep, dark, mello, driving sound...

Just listen SU bass horns on "Most Girls?... pure funk!!!

man, if we fugged around and got some metal, we would be some demonz.......we already killas now, but some chrome?!! My my my.

*thinking back to first song su drilled off of at su/jsu halftime 83'* those ninjas was on the fiberglass tubas and there wasn't but like 12 of em' and they were some DAWGZ!

if we had metal tubas........we would only have 10 tubas cause thats all we would need........we usually roll wit 16-20 but 10 gold wanches is all we would need:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Originally posted by FLAMES
I think Mvsu has the best Tuba section in the swac. No matter what people say about the band in full the tuba section always on they ****. and you talk about playin with power.
They're just the best section in your band....not the SWAC. There's a difference.

I GUESS SINCE THE TUBAS AT VALLEY ARE THE BEST IN THEIR BAND........ SINCE THE BAND IS SLAW, I GUESS THEYRE LIKE LETTUCE AND CARROTS WITH NO DRESSING THEN.......OR MAYO WHICHEVER YOU USE.....................:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I feel the Bluff gotta pretty tight Tuba Dawgs/Thundercats (what are yall calling yaselves these days?) but anyway, they were always respected as the bottom half of the back bone to the band along with Krank. (But T PSI PHI was always the head)

GBNF
Don G. Coleone

Re: Re: Tubas:Why do you think your section is the best in the land

Originally posted by Legend35
I kinda agree because the SilverDawgs come up with creative musical ideals that a lot of Swac Tuba sections end up playing a year or two later.

Care to give any examples?

I'll go with my boys from Valley. I say the SWAC Hammer, because they personify their name. A hammer hits with a powerful compact force, and that's what they do. If they want to put rips in, that's them putting something extra, that's their trademark. The beauty of music is variety, nobody wants to hear the same thing over and over again, just because they don't do things the way u are used to hearing it, doesn't mean its wrong. TxSU screws alot of their music, that's their trademark, and it sets them apart from other bands in the SWAC.

Re: Re: Re: Tubas:Why do you think your section is the best in the land

Originally posted by ClevePVAMU
Care to give any examples?
Yeah,...One is a song by the Eurhymics,(sp) "Sweet Dreams"
I also heard Tenn State Play the O'Jays " For The Love Of Money" The same Key Bb and The same rhythmic stylings on the bridge. We also Play a tune call "Frog" Because he farted. It's really a classical Theme that one of our professor's wrote - UAPB. I'm not a Tuba Player but, I'm sure one of them can give you more detail.

Back