TSU Closing the gap in athletics

I don't see it happening for sTu in football. The tradition isn't there and Texas kids worth anything in football stay away from there like the plague...don't shoot the messenger.....
I remember when many were saying that about TCU. But when they decided to put some of that Christian $ into their program they rose to national prominence.

Texas kids worth anything in football stay away from there like the plague...don't shoot the messenger.....
Its good to know that 21 of our 24 Texas recruits / kids in football this year are not worth anything. i guess i will cancel my season tickets.

Texas kids worth anything in football stay away from there like the plague...don't shoot the messenger.....
Its good to know that 21 of our 24 Texas recruits / kids in football this year are not worth anything. i guess i will cancel my season tickets.

lol

We tend to not respect our own. While at TSU I noticed the people that came from out of city and especially from out of state took more pride in the university than the natives. Then as I got older and living in Birmingham I realized few people under 50 around here appreciated Miles College. When speaking with people in Atlanta they had little care for any in the University center. Montgomery teachers dog Alabama State even though more than half of the AA ones got degrees there.
My roommate has been to maybe 10 games that were not socially motivated by homecoming or Labor Day classic in 30 years. Like dad said as I grew up coons don't support much at all unless the Man says it's OK. I do not understand why a University that has averaged 10k students over 35 years doesn't have all the support it needs in a city with a population of over 3 million in the metro and 700k of them are Black.

Dennis Franchone is the hire that ignited TCU football.

Y'all throwing Jim Wacker and offense led Kenneth Sims under the bus lol. I think that was the fuse that was lit during the old swc days. Franchione provided the necessary spark and fuel to cause the current explosion (in recruiting).

remember TCU was in 3 conferences also during that time (Mountain West and WAC and CUSA) and took advantage of their recruiting base. Things leveled out quickly in the Big 12

Mr. Raoul, you have opened up the can of worms that we all try to avoid. The truth hurts sometime.

Folks catch feelings protecting their petty lil' "alma mater" when an alum is stating the objective TRUTH about how sh*tty and putrid sorrowful the staffers/coaches/handlers are, considering the proximity to very LARGE recruitment areas that every school in america comes and recruits in.

And if that wasn't pitiful enough, now the same staffers are inviting upper-division program coaches from afar to their campuses. Their primary and sole objective is to recruit for their school FIRST (make contact w/ those who they cannot recruit formally and may have been overlooked). The lower-division school coaches are simply wanting to get some familiarity w/ others when their positions are terminated for non-performance (wins) shortly. :)

remember TCU was in 3 conferences also during that time (Mountain West and WAC and CUSA) and took advantage of their recruiting base. Things leveled out quickly in the Big 12
TBF, nothing personal but I refuse to believe your above comments. Because JROCK said only football programs with tradition of winning can improve their programs. Tell me how TCU had tradition when they were changing conferences like that.

TBF, are you calling JROCK a big dummy?

Mike Haywood will win a SWAC title at sTu before he moves back into the FBS ranks. This might happen in the next 2 or 3 years. He is a damn good coach.

sTu was 1 play away from being 8-3 last year. PV, and SU penciling in W's vs sTu is insane. Don't be surprised to see a 7-0 sTu taking preparing for their biggest test of the season when they face Grambling.

Enough to make a real impact. Our alums, specifically our older alums are so selfish. They know better, but won't do better.

Its the opposite for us. The seasoned alums are at every event in school colors & apparel. Folk under 35 are too busy trying to impress each other

Mike Haywood will win a SWAC title at sTu before he moves back into the FBS ranks. This might happen in the next 2 or 3 years. He is a damn good coach.

sTu was 1 play away from being 8-3 last year. PV, and SU penciling in W's vs sTu is insane. Don't be surprised to see a 7-0 sTu taking preparing for their biggest test of the season when they face Grambling.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. This is nothing more than off season bravado. Once that 1 in every 10 year player Griffin left, the real sTu surfaced. We are talking perennial doormat here.....again, don't shoot the messenger!

I don't see it happening for sTu in football. The tradition isn't there and Texas kids worth anything in football stay away from there like the plague...don't shoot the messenger.....

Why you say that? PV got our good eye on PV Houston

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. This is nothing more than off season bravado. Once that 1 in every 10 year player Griffin left, the real sTu surfaced. We are talking perennial doormat here.....again, don't shoot the messenger!
Talk about drinking the kool-aid. This is just dumb. Loosing the QB is what stalled TSU. You just pull whatever you can out of your 5th point of contact throw it against the wall and hope it sticks.

Back