Trump Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that we all can agree on, is that we all want a better life. Everyone deserves good schools, reliable public transportation, accessible and affordable housing, and affordable health care — it’s why I got into government in the first place, to fight for that kind of change.

But, while most of us are worried about our daily lives, taking care of our kids and putting food on the table, President Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric and irrational behavior (on nearly every topic under the sun) has me worried about all of our survival.

Why? Well, right now, there is nothing to stop President Trump from launching a nuclear weapon if he gets it in his head to do so. He has the sole and unchecked authority to kill millions of people within minutes.

That’s not just dangerous, it’s undemocratic and unconstitutional.

The framers of the Constitution put the power to launch a war explicitly in the hands of the legislature because they understood, as James Madison put it, “the Executive is the branch of power most interested in war, and most prone to it.” They further understood that because it is the everyday citizens who pay the greatest cost of any war, these same citizens should have input into the decision to go to war, with open debate.

That’s why I’m happy to hear that Republican Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee, who says that Trump is putting us “on the path to World War III,” is holding a “long overdue” hearing to investigate the president’s authority to use nuclear weapons.

Trump should not have power to kill us all

One thing that we all can agree on, is that we all want a better life
Here is the problem with that statement. Some people do not want EVERYBODY to have a better life. They want/need others to look down on. If that were not the case everyone who wanted a better life would have access to a better life.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back