Trump team fail to vet : Talladega Director convicted of sexual assault

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
President-elect “Grab ’em by the pussy” can’t stop attracting perverts. On Friday, the man whose likability rating is on par with lice will hold his inauguration celebration, an event no one wanted to perform for because the man is vile. Donald Trump’s team was able to secure the Talladega College marching band, which has juiced that invite into a surplus of riches.

Now, it’s come to light that the director of the small Alabama HBCU’s marching band was convicted in the 2006 sex assault of a male student.

In September 2006, Bonds, then 31, and the 20-year-old male student were talking after a football game. The victim mentioned that he was planning to pledge a fraternity the following year and Bonds offered to “teach him what he needs to know about pledging,” WBCO reports.

Police told the news station that the student followed Bonds to his apartment, where the now band director turned on a movie and offered the underage young man the alcoholic beverage Hypnotic. Bonds told the younger man to come in his bedroom, where the Bonds began cleaning.

http://www.theroot.com/trump-team-d...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well, I can't say "I didn't tell you", tarnished past. One SU alum Band Director had his sticky fingers all over money in a Desk drawer and the other had his paws all over an underage man.
sbed_sleep_100-106.gif
sbed_sleep_100-120.gif
sbed_sign_goodnite_100-100.gif

Last edited:
Well, I can't say "I didn't tell you", tarnished past. One SU alum Band Director had his sticky fingers all over money in a Desk drawer and the other had his paws all over an underage man.
sbed_sleep_100-106.gif
sbed_sleep_100-120.gif

One plead guilty to a charge and the other was deemed innocent. Such similarities.

After charges like that, it says more about talladega that he is still allowed to be the director more than anything, IMO

Man, I have been ripped by some of my own for being anti Talledega even before this Trump Inauguration invite. That whole hiring deal along with if you got money issues. Why even have a band when you don't even field a football team. That whole deal over there is just weird to me. But hey, that's just me.

There must be more to this story. Given the charges, it's hard to believe a reputable judge would let him plead down to "sexual harassment" and Probation with no time served. Surely Talladega's administration had to know about this and hired him any way. Otherwise, we would have heard about the band director being "relieved of his duties".

That said. Talladega's band is about to hit $650,000 on their Go Fund me account:

https://www.gofundme.com/great-tornado-to-inaugural-parade

Can anyone tell me why, if the trip cost x amount of dollars to attend the president inauguration, why are they still raising money pass the amount needed for the trip

sbed_sleep_100-106.gif
sbed_sleep_100-120.gif

You do know that the director for dega has NEVER been a director at SU, don't you? ("One SU alum Band Director....and the other....)

BTW, all of us...meaning you, me and everyone else, has a past, present or future of which they may not be too proud.
The problem with folks like you, is that you continue to dredge in the past. I often wonder why you bother posting
"encouragement/motivation" in small talk, while at the same time downing folks for their shortcomings. Borders on hypocritical IMHO.

But, hey, do you...."carry on"!

Reactions: JR
I have never been a fan of Talladega, and if what he did at DSU WAS such a big problem, TC would of never hired him... But let's be honest with ourselves what he has done at Talladega most HBCU band programs would dream of .

Talladega has had more exposure than HBCU bands that have been around for YEARS,, and I'm pretty sure that the band has help with increase enrollment at the college.. again like the man or not but he has done things that some HBCU bands are still trying to figure out

Can anyone tell me why, if the trip cost x amount of dollars to attend the president inauguration, why are they still raising money pass the amount needed for the trip

Just because you reached your goal doesn't mean you can't continue to accept donations.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Why should they have to vet anyone that is in the parade?
They will not actually meet him or even get close.

I have never been a fan of Talladega, and if what he did at DSU WAS such a big problem, TC would of never hired him... But let's be honest with ourselves what he has done at Talladega most HBCU band programs would dream of .

Really? Talladega is on my radar about as much as Texas College's band is. It just seemed like a novelty so I haven't paid much attention to them. How do they measure up against the other Alabama bands (ASU,AAMU,Tuskegee,etc)

Why should they have to vet anyone that is in the parade?
They will not actually meet him or even get close.

I think things have gotten to the point that it has become necessary to vet/do background checks on people who will be in the parade (as they did with the TC band members) because of the the number of protestors that are reportedly going to be there. I think they are doing whatever necessary just to make sure the parade will go through with no problems.

Reactions: JR
I have never been a fan of Talladega, and if what he did at DSU WAS such a big problem, TC would of never hired him... But let's be honest with ourselves what he has done at Talladega most HBCU band programs would dream of.

Yeah, there is something to be said for a school that has less than a thousand students, but has a 230-piece band with no football team.

In the last 3 years .. Have we talked about AAMU ASU Tuskegee or TC.. YOU would be a fool to say TC has not gotten more exposure then any HBCU band in ALABAMA..

and again as I stated in my first post I'm not a fan of Talladega but no one can deny what this band has done since the band director has set foot on campus

Recruiting a bunch of SWAC old heads and rejects to sound like shit ain't much to be proud of imo. But that's just me. The main reason for a lot of their success is that they "crank" and try to duplicate the style(s) of top tier bands in the SWAC that a lot of people want to play for, which is pretty obvious. No need to even go into detail there lol.

My question is, what are the ACADEMIC requirements for students at Talladega??? Do they have to meet some high admission standard like most 4 year schools and what is the average ACT scores for kids attending Talladega??? We can't continue to let our school to be entertainers for others while at the same time having low academic standards. We have to do better. From what I can tell from Talladega's website, its main academic program is social work. Also, I clicked on the school's admission requirements and nothing comes up.

Talladega's Admission requirements:
https://my.talladega.edu/ICS/Admissions/Home.jnz?portlet=Admission_Requirements

Last edited:
There must be more to this story. Given the charges, it's hard to believe a reputable judge would let him plead down to "sexual harassment" and Probation with no time served. Surely Talladega's administration had to know about this and hired him any way. Otherwise, we would have heard about the band director being "relieved of his duties".

That said. Talladega's band is about to hit $650,000 on their Go Fund me account:

Read the comments...they talking cash sh!t in the comments now--their pro-inauguration alums are..

Back