Tony Hughes sets new recruiting standard at JSU

JSU just picked up a commitment from a LB at local high school Park Crossing. former Hornet assistant Coach John Hendricks recruited the player.
Hmmmm. I don't like that. Not sure if we were gonna offer him, but I still don't like that you recruit a player that you were recruiting while with another school. I'm sure it happens all the time though. Best to the young man. Hendricks is a good guy. Always has been, but he has on the absolute wrong colors now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
6'1" 170lbs CB from Prattville High also committed to Jackson this week. Hamp Hampton. I don't know much about him. Didn't get a chance to see Prattville play this year.

Hmmmm. I don't like that. Not sure if we were gonna offer him, but I still don't like that you recruit a player that you were recruiting while with another school. I'm sure it happens all the time though. Best to the young man. Hendricks is a good guy. Always has been, but he has on the absolute wrong colors now.
Wrong colors, huh? Well, maybe that LB saw that "lil side" of that stadium and changed his mind.

Haven't heard about him but after looking at his highlights, it looks like he got all his ints off tipped passes.
6'1" 170lbs CB from Prattville High also committed to Jackson this week. Hamp Hampton. I don't know much about him. Didn't get a chance to see Prattville play this year.

Hmmm, kid from the same HS program that produced a quality player for Grambling a few years ago.....Frank Warren (?) if I'm not mistaken.

Our program when down when we stopped the BBQs. All we had to do was fire up the grill and feed the recruits and parent some good AAMU BBQ. Go JSU.

Haven't heard about him but after looking at his highlights, it looks like he got all his ints off tipped passes.
He was not offered by us. If he was, no one I've talked to is aware of it. @Blacknbengal , trust me. We are good at the LB position. Best of luck to the young fella. Nice to see hometown kids go on to play and get an education. I'd like to get a few local kids, which is only reason I mentioned him, but from a talent standpoint at LB, we are good.

But you just said we had no talent a month agin. Which one is it. Remember SU had 11 or 12 on the all swac team.

Only because it's been some bad teams in the SWAC.... Your talent level is dropping and you have poor coaching so that is why you are losing... We told you all that you would regret hiring Big Perm.. but nooooooooooooooooooooo! Maybe you all will get a good coach next time around.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Only because it's been some bad teams in the SWAC.... Your talent level is dropping and you have poor coaching so that is why you are losing... We told you all that you would regret hiring Big Perm.. but nooooooooooooooooooooo! Maybe you all will get a good coach next time around.
I agree SU had some very bad coaching last year, but the talent is there and we will have even more this season, believe that. The 3-4 defensive starters that didn't play last season will be back.

Last edited:
Back