"To say that I'm going to vote for another team is just unthinkable"

SAME OLD G

A product of Greatness
Staff member
http://www.theadvocate.com/sports/story.asp?StoryID=14775

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Grambling offensive coordinator Melvin Spears wouldn't vote in the Southwestern Athletic Conference preseason coaches' poll.

If he couldn't vote for Grambling, why do it at all?

No problem, with one abstention, coaches still voted defending SWAC champion Grambling to finish No. 1 in the Western Division.

"To say that I'm going to vote for another team is just unthinkable," said Spears, who took head coach Doug Williams' place Friday at the annual media gathering. "It might sound a little arrogant. I'm just thinking the championship goes through Grambling. That's our attitude."

This is why we are Grambling State University and you are the rest of the SWAC.

We aint gonna just vote for you if you don't deserve it!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by J-State Tiger
40 years after the movement, our people still wont vote. This is sad. :(

And the people of Mississippi are primarily to blame. This is sad! :(

Big Balls!!!!!!

Spears was telling it like it is...We have [SIZE=5.5]BIG BALLS[/SIZE]

bc0n80hd.jpg

BigMike,

Even the other SWAC coaches know the deal. They voted. And they voted honestly too. They know that it will be a back-2-back year for Greatness!

Originally posted by Get Ready
Yall are in for a rude awakening.

I really hope so. If thats suppose to be some kind of indicator that we are to look out of Buffalo...fine. I really do hope you lames come with something this year, cause yall were isht last year.

The truth of the matter is, I really don't see a team on our schedule coming close to stopping us. And this is not smack. Hughes has proven that he has no clue as a coach. Pete has proven that he has no clue as a coach. Cooper has proven he has no clue...period. Lemont Sanford (Bill Thomas) is just happy win to win 7 games.

I mean really, who is going to stop us. We are sooooooo deep at every position it is not funny.

So please somebody, provide us with a challenge. The SWAC title stays in Grambling again.

You have been warned!

I see doug instills the same attitude in both his coaches and players. Now that's just SAD.:rolleyes:

Actually the fact that he wouldnt pick another team shows a lack of class. Its a poor reflection on the head coach and the school. But hey, we are talking about Grambling...the same school that fired the greatest coach since Moses....and started a fight just to get the star WR kicked out of the game.

Actually, I believe you guys are going to be the biggest disappointed in the SWAC this year. No smack intended, but you skated by some mediocre teams last year, and to my understanding you needed a little "interference" to win. I witnessed one game myself.

I see you guys losing 4 maybe 6 games this year.
Portland
SU
JSU
Nichols
TxSU
And maybe Alcorn or Bama State

You heard it hear first.

You better watch out for Alcorn

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Get Ready
Actually the fact that he wouldnt pick another team shows a lack of class. Its a poor reflection on the head coach and the school.

Maybe you misunderstand what I am saying. You see, he didn't pick any other school. The coaches were not allowed to vote for their own schools.

That means that coaches like yours voted for Greatness.

I read the article...I understood exactly what happened. Seeing that everybody knew he couldnt pick his own school, that should have made it easier to vote for another team. The fact is he wasnt man enough to vote for Southern. Was that being stubborn or just a lack of class? Maybe it was a little of both huh?

This is sad

HEY GR I'M in Portland this week....

I heard that Portland State team is pretty tight, I'll have to go by and check them out.....

I concur with the you GR, which I don't do 99% of the time, Great MESS will lose @ least 3 or 4 this year.........

Just too much talent to handle in the SWAC this year....almost like the SEC!!!!

GR:
I was thinking the same thing. This was truly a lack of class and sportsmanship. I believe this is the same GSU coach listed in the Bayou Classic program wearing a pair of sunglasses.

LOL JV!!!!!

One of those "SPEARS" folks...no class!!!! Hey, what was the dudes name that tried to start a fight with Hayes in the BC??? Wasn't his name SPEARS too????? Don't they have or had about 4 of that same family playing for great MESS???

Awwwwwwwww Give me a break with all of this class and sportsmanship BS!

The man simply spoke his mind and was honest with himself and everyone else. We all know dayum well that Pete doesn't really think that anyone else but his team is going to win the SWAC crown. We all know that Hughes, Cooper, Thomas, and Cole doesn't really believe that anyone else is going to win.

The bottom line is that your feelings are hurt because he had the nuts to express how he really feels. And he really feels that Grambling is going to kick ass this year! There is no need to pretend and kiss some other teams ass when they really don't have a chance.

Don't Hate...

We tried to let yall represent the SWAC and DaBoot. But instead all yall did was "give up the BOOTY!!

run.jpg

Then we said, "The hell with this...those pushies can't represent like REAL CHAMPIONS!" So to save the SWAC's credibility, we decided to handle things ourselves:

famu.jpg

Don't worry, we're gonna take care of Nichols State for ya too!

Hey C-leb & Sleepa

I didn't want to believe yall. I thought maybe yall were just talking smack. You see, I always knew that the Mafia (especially GR) loves to swing on SUcks Nuttzz but it has gone beyond swinging. The fact is, they're actually skedd of Peter Head and the gaguar nation. Must be from that double azz whipping they suffered in 1999.

Maybe it's from seeing too many dead "peeples"!

mask0.gif

OHHHHHHHH, How dey forget!!!!

I SEE yall MUSTA forgot !!!!!
Here's a reminder:

10_copy.jpg

Now shut the "L" UP!!! SCOREBOARD CHUMPS!!!!

25 straight SWAC victories...'
Triple SWAC Championships.....

ROY JONES SEND HELP!!!!

Back