To Famu

Dwayne

I don't care what anyone says about you all. Especially SU. I haven't heard you all since the Battle of the bands but the other day, my little brother gave me a cd with different colleges on it and you all were on it playing 2 different songs and TOTAL PRAISE was one of them. You all sound damn good. The concert pieces you all play are beautiful. Perfect. You all have some real good musicians. I Knew that anyway but from time to time when I hear you all I get a reality check. Good job and keep up the Good work. You all sound better than any other band when it comes to slow pieces. That's a fact. There will be some haters on here after reading this but don't worry about it. You all are tight at what you all do.

Originally posted by Dwayne
I don't care what anyone says about you all. Especially SU. I haven't heard you all since the Battle of the bands but the other day, my little brother gave me a cd with different colleges on it and you all were on it playing 2 different songs and TOTAL PRAISE was one of them. You all sound damn good. The concert pieces you all play are beautiful. Perfect. You all have some real good musicians. I Knew that anyway but from time to time when I hear you all I get a reality check. Good job and keep up the Good work. You all sound better than any other band when it comes to slow pieces. That's a fact. There will be some haters on here after reading this but don't worry about it. You all are tight at what you all do.

No hate here. But I have always said FAMU plays ballads better than anyone. Now there are some songs that they have played that I have preferred other bands arrangements of. But in general, FAMU sitting still playing a ballad always sounds good. You can hear all the instrumentation. Most people hate on FAMU sound because it is so unique and different. I really enjoyed our (SU) battles with them in the 80's. I respect them, but besides JSU, the old Ocean, old Tn State bands. I would have rank FAMU is SU's most heated rival. That's why SU cats don't have too much love for them. Goes back to the Foster vs Doc thing. We know they can play though. No doubt.

I bet no one would ever think an old head Jukebox would give FAMU that kind of credit. LOL. Now in saying that, I still prefer the funk that the top SWAC bands bring. Still aint into that East Coast/ MEAC/ FAMU type sound especially on the up tempo songs. Always seem empty to me.

Originally posted by C-Murder
who from su ever said that famu didnt sound good?????:confused:
That's what I wanna know.

SU peeps say a lil bit of everything about FAM. But, the one thing we don't say is "they don't sound good". Even with the few clips I've heard of FAM slipping, or the up-tempo songs that sound square and boring....I couldn't break down and say they don't sound good.

We may not like anything FAM does...but, FAM gets the respect of being able to play.

Stop ASSuming what people think.

Dwayne Burge. Crab of 96. Been a member of the swac page since 97. AEA Fall 99. The Royal Order of Trump Funk.

Why? Who are you?

I was trying to figure out why the need of this post came to be being that this is the SWACpage. Although there are one or two FAMU members on the board, you would do better posting that where Ms Vinita said to post it.

BTW, read the sig.

OK...Lets drop that subject. If you have any questions pertaining to anything I said, e mail me at www.Dewayne69@collegeclub.com

Thank you. This post is about Famu sounding good to me remember....Stick with it.

They always did sound good to me as well...They still boring most of the time......They have an concept, and Ballad wise it is killer...But other than that the isht is BORING!!!!

Well, everyone have their own style but when I heard this cd the other day, them boys are off the chain. By the way, I went back and looked at some old SU tapes from them and us I I have come to the conclusion that who ever was screaming against me in 99 both in jackson and at the championship, even though I believe we got you all at the championship, that person screaming has much props from me. I heard some things that I didn't hear before and I have some different tapes now from new angles. Dude in 99 had some balls. I like that cat. But still, 1 isn't enough. I tell you what though, he (who ever it is) had hell of power. more than I thought. I tell the truth when it's presented to me.

Originally posted by C-Murder
underground fellas..................underground!!!!!!!
we know he took a lot of these
:slap:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well, everyone have their own style but when I heard this cd the other day, them boys are off the chain. By the way, I went back and looked at some old SU tapes from them and us I I have come to the conclusion that who ever was screaming against me in 99 both in jackson and at the championship, even though I believe we got you all at the championship, that person screaming has much props from me. I heard some things that I didn't hear before and I have some different tapes now from new angles. Dude in 99 had some balls. I like that cat. But still, 1 isn't enough. I tell you what though, he (who ever it is) had hell of power. more than I thought. I tell the truth when it's presented to me.

Thank You Thank You.....

Everyone and Anyone will tell who the man was in 99 on trumpet!!

Once again THANK YOU ThanK YoU.........:cool:

Did you hear that isht I pulled off at the end of Ruff RYders at the Championship!!!!!!! I had to ride the Bb..... Oh YEAH!!!!

Sounds interesting. How can I acquire some of that footage???

Originally posted by Legend35
Sounds interesting. How can I acquire some of that footage???

I see you wanna hear this legend in action as well....Get a copy of my very crafty work....;) .

Take a few pointers back to GSU band camp......

A lesson called "NUTS"

Back