Time to Change the conversation about college

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
I was reading two articles today about job struggles among recent graduates. On article cited a survey of 2011 graduates where 85% of the respondents claimed that they planned to move back home after school. The other stated that just over 50% of surveyed students who graduated between 2006-2010 had full time jobs.

This is bad all the way around. Student loan debt is slowly building up to be the next financial bubble. In the past, one could go to college, major in anything they want, get a degree and have a pretty good chance of landing a decent paying full-time gig after. Those days are long gone. We need to shift to a honest conversation about the realities of today's job market, the need for internships, the competitiveness of certain degrees. You have to come to college with a strategy at hand in 2011.

I was reading two articles today about job struggles among recent graduates. On article cited a survey of 2011 graduates where 85% of the respondents claimed that they planned to move back home after school. The other stated that just over 50% of surveyed students who graduated between 2006-2010 had full time jobs.

This is bad all the way around. Student loan debt is slowly building up to be the next financial bubble. In the past, one could go to college, major in anything they want, get a degree and have a pretty good chance of landing a decent paying full-time gig after. Those days are long gone. We need to shift to a honest conversation about the realities of today's job market, the need for internships, the competitiveness of certain degrees. You have to come to college with a strategy at hand in 2011.

I said this and Casey said I was lying.. them the other joksters joined in .. I guess this means nothing and is a laughing matter..iono...

I said this and Casey said I was lying.. them the other joksters joined in .. I guess this means nothing and is a laughing matter..iono...

They called me a liar too bruh when I mentioned how a lot of college grads are getting caught in a shifting economy.

They called me a liar too bruh when I mentioned how a lot of college grads are getting caught in a shifting economy.

Man what is knew about this? The problem is you new age kids are big arse babies. go sell dope and get you some hope.

Americans now owe more than $890 billion on student loans, which is even more than they owe on credit cards.

Man what is knew about this? The problem is you new age kids are big arse babies. go sell dope and get you some hope.

Shat is way worse bruh. Numbers alone tell the story. Student Loan Debt has NEVER been higher than current levels.

Shat is way worse bruh. Numbers alone tell the story. Student Loan Debt has NEVER been higher than current levels.

It has never been this high because the enrollments of 4 year and 2 year schools are up and triple that of what they were 20 years ago. :idea:

It has never been this high because the enrollments of 4 year and 2 year schools are up and triple that of what they were 20 years ago. :idea:

and unemployment rates of college graduates are higher than they were 20 years ago. Who benefits when more kids go to college if they can't find jobs capable of paying for those loans.

The numbers are this high because we have more freed slaves huh?

and unemployment rates of college graduates are higher than they were 20 years ago. Who benefits when more kids go to college if they can't find jobs capable of paying for those loans.

Let Cee and his cult tell it.. Jobs been not hiring 85% college grads ..this is nothing new.. just sell some dope in the mean time.. How about that for some hope and change..

The System the way it is now .. When American hurt.. blacks hurt's the worst.

hell, we hurt when no one else is hurting...what's new? Blacks are ALWAYS at the bottom of every list, except those lists pertaining to prison, poverty, bad credit, welfare, shall I go on?

Meanwhile Mathew, who never went to college,
but did 3 years of X-Ray tech school just signed
a contract for 70k, and he just turned 21..........

Happy Birthday Matt.

You can't major in B.S. and expect to find jobs. Also, some folks just need to go to tech or trade school.

hell, we hurt when no one else is hurting...what's new? Blacks are ALWAYS at the bottom of every list, except those lists pertaining to prison, poverty, bad credit, welfare, shall I go on?

I totally agree.. beisdes the moral issues we at the bottom of (another topic).. We are at the bottom due to a lot of politcal policy such as some of the issues you named...
I just don't we should just roll over and accept the same "system" that's been controlled by you know who since for ever.. If we going to do that.. We should take our licks and never complain...

perfect example.. the SUNO/UNO issue is over.. but they are still working on getting what they want...Yes it is a state issue.. and it is an unfair state issue that is being handled by a "wanna be" white republican... Obama stepped in on Mexico issue..."helping" he illegal imigrants... Shyt right now I would atleast settle for a few KIND words from this black man on our behalf... we both know no one can say..."WELL what did SU alums do about it"..

Back