There is no way Mervyl Melendez

You have to want to be trained....kids aren't getting good high school backgrounds so now your asking us to train them the basics of the english language when it comes to writing?

These kids walk into our offices and want to be paid now....You talk about volunteer, resume building, etc. if they can't get paid via work study and they'll walk out because these kids have expenses we never had in college. Not many kids are majoring in MASS Comm now and hardly any are writers...we got more kids walking around campus with mini-cams creating production companies shooting all you tube...I can do that myself

All I'm saying if your university has the resources to hire a pitching coach, 3rd basketball assistant, etc...surely an SID is a priority as that's a direct reflection of your athletic department

You have to want to be trained....kids aren't getting good high school backgrounds so now your asking us to train them the basics of the english language when it comes to writing?

These kids walk into our offices and want to be paid now....You talk about volunteer, resume building, etc. if they can't get paid via work study and they'll walk out because these kids have expenses we never had in college. Not many kids are majoring in MASS Comm now and hardly any are writers...we got more kids walking around campus with mini-cams creating production companies shooting all you tube...I can do that myself

All I'm saying if your university has the resources to hire a pitching coach, 3rd basketball assistant, etc...surely an SID is a priority as that's a direct reflection of your athletic department

We need the coaches more than an assistant SID in my opinion. So if no student is worthy to help or all of them are broke and want to be paid (I find that hard to believe seeing what some of these kids drive on the yard) not to mention the kids from BR who are there don't have the same expenses as an out of state kid. I didn't say not pay them. But it still will not be the same amount of a FTE. Also I am sure Chris will get an assistant to replace him soon enough. But right now he is doing a great job so far. He is getting kudos for stepping in the SID role. Now it is up to him to be creative and figure out how to do more with less. It aint nothing new at our schools. I also hate the excuse none of our kids can write. Some Sr or Jr can write on that damn campus. If not.....WTF they are in school for. There is some English major running around there needing a few bucks that is a local kid who don't have the same fees an out of state kid does. We are the ones that are lazy. What about those kids who aspire to be SIDs in the future. Are you saying no one cares about that line of work anymore? What about some former player who has exhausted their eligibility but still in school. Surely one of them has some skills. All of them can't be so sad that they can't write a complete sentence with some guidance.

We are never going to have enough money to fund full up SID departments like PWCs......oh by the way the white boys will do it for free on their campus. OSU has a ton of those kids lined up just to be part of the mix. I guess our kids are just doomed and every student on the yard is dead poor and has to find work that pays 15 dollars an hour somewhere. LOL. But yet some drive better cars than me with no damn job. I aint buying it TBF. Just another excuse us HBCUs throw out there for having bad relationships with the student body is all it is.

Did no one learn from the past SID and his health? The demands of the job are increasing, resources are getting less, NCAA breathing down your throat for deadlines, SWAC, etc. and he's supposed to do with a student who may be unreliable?

But there's enough money for extra coaches, Assistant ADs, etc.....

No one is making excuses...its the truth...you explain to ESPN about trying to train a student to write a paragraph when they want a roster before the game and if that roster doesn't get delivered, they blame you for not broadcasting the game. :emalugh:

Did no one learn from the past SID and his health? The demands of the job are increasing, resources are getting less, NCAA breathing down your throat for deadlines, SWAC, etc. and he's supposed to do with a student who may be unreliable?

But there's enough money for extra coaches, Assistant ADs, etc.....

No one is making excuses...its the truth...you explain to ESPN about trying to train a student to write a paragraph when they want a roster before the game and if that roster doesn't get delivered, they blame you for not broadcasting the game. :emalugh:

If you have to explain to a college Jr or Sr on how to write a paragraph and to deliver a damn roster to ESPN then they need to be kicked out of college. Hell they can't be no worse than those non talking college guys ESPN hired to do the lesser games. LOL.

Back