There is no way Mervyl Melendez

Raoul

There is no way Mervyl Melendez is making $166k and an assistant making 60k. This was the talk at a 15u game last night. There were people there that should have an idea of what they expouse but this can not be correct. Some of you in the know please confirm.

There is no way Mervyl Melendez is making $166k and an assistant making 60k. This was the talk at a 15u game last night. There were people there that should have an idea of what they expouse but this can not be correct. Some of you in the know please confirm.

Thats basically it bama stat seems to be making a investment they supposed to have a recruiting budget of about 35K also Melendez is the third highest paid baseball coach in the state only behind Alabama and Auburn's coaches

Thats basically it bama stat seems to be making a investment they supposed to have a recruiting budget of about 35K also Melendez is the third highest paid baseball coach in the state only behind Alabama and Auburn's coaches

What the Hell!!!!!!

Cador makes $150. I think he is also the third highest paid coach in the state, behind LSU and Tulane. But if true, thats great :tup: . That will make others step up to the plate.

Last edited:
others step up? And what area will suffer as a result? This is the SWAC so the money is coming from somewhere to take care of something else....

if you're going to spend money, build up the athletic infrastructure first as that's way more critical with more required from the NCAA now

the bigger schools have assistants to everything and they don't leave....

others step up? And what area will suffer as a result? This is the SWAC so the money is coming from somewhere to take care of something else....

if you're going to spend money, build up the athletic infrastructure first as that's way more critical with more required from the NCAA now

Recruiting budgets and assistants pay. Either step up or be left behind. We have to become very creative in fundraising.

again....with APR, certification, etc...I rather build up from the ground so I can have a staff to "fundraise".....then you worry about the extras....

At best, we're still going to get 1 bid to the NCAAs...but you hire 3 academiic advisors for example that can prevent a postseason ban make the year worthless

Well SU finally hired a pitching coach. :)

Cador gonna over rule the pitching coach anyways......He did it all the time when Rey was there now a pitching coach may help in preparation but thats it.

Cador gonna over rule the pitching coach anyways......He did it all the time when Rey was there now a pitching coach may help in preparation but thats it.

I think that's the key. Preparation. Cador and Puebla can't do it all by themselves and they had C. Beal helping sometimes with some others. When Rey left for Gram. Cador was promised a replacement. So this is a long time coming. Glad Coach Pugh understands what is going on. Because she is a coach herself. She knows the value of having enough assistants. Our Basketball team is loaded with coaches for next year. Never seen that many coaches even when Jobe was there. LOL.

I think that's the key. Preparation. Cador and Puebla can't do it all by themselves and they had C. Beal helping sometimes with some others. When Rey left for Gram. Cador was promised a replacement. So this is a long time coming. Glad Coach Pugh understands what is going on. Because she is a coach herself. She knows the value of having enough assistants. Our Basketball team is loaded with coaches for next year. Never seen that many coaches even when Jobe was there. LOL.

Oh trust I understand for the preparation stand point its so tough trying to run a program with too coaches full time (Cador and Puebla) Cador isn't a spring chicken and I know he has recently had some major health issues. It's huge they finally are getting him the full staff he was promised

But only 1 SID still.....priorities...

The new SID seems to be hitting the ground running. Can't complain. How many SIDs does PV have? Hell how many does any other SWAC school have. We had a SID and assist SID who just became SID. Surely we will get around to hiring him an assistant. But Cador has been waiting far too long for an assistant coach. They can get some Mass Comm students in their Jr and Sr year to help the SID if they think outside the box. It aint that hard. If Corporate America can hire interns to do isht all summer to help the regulars surely we can do the same at our schools with the in house talent that should be getting trained anyway.

LSU has 7...La Tech has 4, McNeese, ULM, Nicholls have 2 to 3....

Corporate America has 5 people to do a job plus interns.....I hate when people try to compare us to a fortune 500....in the SWAC, we want interns to do fulltime work when kids now aren't cut from the same mold and they need way more training...

Corporate America has 5 people to do a job plus interns.....I hate when people try to compare us to a fortune 500....in the SWAC, we want interns to do fulltime work when kids now aren't cut from the same mold and they need way more training...

X _______________

Who's fault is that? We aint LSU. I asked what the SWAC schools have. Train the damn kids. There are some with good work ethic. Not all of them are lazy and sorry. We just make excuses on why we don't utilize some of the student resources. Get them there in the summer. Let them stay on campus for free and work in the SID office getting some training. Then they can do it like work-study during the school year. Make it part of a project related deal where they can get some type of credit for something in the Mass Comm major.

And you will be shocked at what corporate does with these interns now. Since they have cutback so much and everyone is doing more with less. These interns get a lot more work than they used to. At least my company don't play that. They work them mofos. LOL. Aint no just chill in the cube and type on a chatboard. We get to do that. LOL. Seriously, we got to stop crying about what we don't have. We know we don't have the budget the PWCs have to hire full staffs of permanent workers in the Athletic Dept. So you got to use other resources.

The SU band has done it forever. We utilized other resources. It was our Mass comm majors who had finished marching but was still in school filming the band. We have had all kinds of folks around the program help that was not getting a full time paycheck from SU. Be creative. Makes no sense not to use talent walking the campus. There are some kids who would do it just to roll with the teams. Some small perk. Like I said, the Jukebox has no trouble getting help. LOL.

Back