The transfer portal is like covid, every school catches the transfer portal bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man I applaud you.... you’re going back and fourth with small time institutions that been talking about their victory against THEE all week as if it’s their SWAC title..... they’ll be irreverent in the fall.... let them have their fun... they got the most rest this “SWAC” spring season.... dodged playing the SWAC west this year... and now Nettles at Alabama State went out....gave up 43 to JSU practice squad and guys that won’t even start in the fall and think oh this all JSU got ? LOL..., but they want to poke they chest out like they gangsta.... please... they’ll be humbled back to average in the fall... it’s a fluke at best.. all they did was do what they were suppose to do while getting rest...

THESwacProphet, with all this talent that is coming to Mighty JSU in the fall, are you saying the following for Fall 2021 SWAC Football season:
  1. Mighty JSU will win the SWAC Championship?
  2. Mighty JSU will go undefeated?
All smack aside. talent without communication, player development, and trust is a recipe for disaster. THEESwacProphet, I await your response. Look over your schedule, prior to replying...
  • Sept. 5 – Florida A&M at Miami, Fla. (Conference Game/Orange Blossom Classic)
  • Sept. 11 – Tennessee State at Memphis, Tenn. (Southern Heritage Classic)
  • Sept. 18 – Louisiana Monroe at Monroe, La.
  • Sept. 25 – Delta State at Jackson, Miss.
  • Oct. 2 – BYE
  • Oct. 9 – Alabama A&M at Huntsville, Ala. (Conference Game)
  • Oct. 16 – Alabama State at Jackson, Miss. (Conference Game)
  • Oct. 23 – Bethune-Cookman at Jackson, Miss. (Conference Game)
  • Oct. 30 – Mississippi Valley State at Itta Bena, Miss. (Conference Game)
  • Nov. 6 – Texas Southern at Jackson, Miss. (Conference Game)
  • Nov. 13 – Southern at Baton Rouge, La. (Conference Game)
  • Nov. 20 – Alcorn State at Jackson, Miss. (Conference Game)

@Dog81 it’s too early to make a prediction at this moment but no JSU will not go undefeated... we are in a better place than AAMU is from the eye test this spring.... at full strength... JSU has a solid run game that’ll get better... aamu does not.... JSU it’s bringing d lineman that can get after it and has a few like all swac Hampton at the LB spot.... AAMU has inexperience at the db spot... aamu was fortunate with covid this season... I don’t believe in you all with a full schedule and adversity this AAMU team only had to practice through this past spring season... while picking the bones of the injured while being the freshest. I know that for a fact.

@Dog81 it’s too early to make a prediction at this moment but no JSU will not go undefeated... we are in a better place than AAMU is from the eye test this spring.... at full strength... JSU has a solid run game that’ll get better... aamu does not.... JSU it’s bringing d lineman that can get after it and has a few like all swac Hampton at the LB spot.... AAMU has inexperience at the db spot... aamu was fortunate with covid this season... I don’t believe in you all with a full schedule and adversity this AAMU team only had to practice through this past spring season... while picking the bones of the injured while being the freshest. I know that for a fact.
I ask the question because there is a lot of varies that go into a season especially when you are bringing in transfers with egos who expect to play immediately. Talent without commitment, trust, and communication is a disaster waiting to happen. I see at least 6 teams that are going to give Mighty JSU some problems. If everything falls into place, Mighty JSU is 2 years away from being an established team (no smack). Please be mindful, that the great teams don't base their programs on transfers. They develop players within their program that can build for the future.

As for as AAMU, we will be lucky to score any points during the fall season. We might win 2 games next year. I am predicting a down year unless our offense improves.

Last edited:
I ask the question because there is a lot of varies that go into a season especially when you are bringing in transfers with egos who expect to play immediately. Talent without commitment, trust, and communication is a disaster waiting to happen. I see at least 6 teams that are going to give Mighty JSU some problems. If everything falls into place, Mighty JSU is 2 years away from being an established team (no smack). Please be mindful, that the great teams don't base their programs on transfers. They develop players within their program that can build for the future.

As for as AAMU, we will be lucky to score any points during the fall season. We might win 2 games next year. I am predicting a down year unless our offense improves.
Funny thing is those transfers and high school Guys have been on the sideline practicing and building continuity... that’s not my concern.. those who can’t get with culture and consistency Deion is working on can jump right back in that portal. I know things you don’t about “mighty” JSU that makes me confident... we haven’t showed our entire hand just know that.

Anyone have a scouting report? Should Texas Southern be concerned? I see PV has signed a few kids. I can see one of the PV kids in the portal going back to PV. I got my good eye on Byron Smith and y’all should too.
King Smith at PV

the mueller report see GIF

Funny thing is those transfers and high school Guys have been on the sideline practicing and building continuity... that’s not my concern.. those who can’t get with culture and consistency Deion is working on can jump right back in that portal. I know things you don’t about “mighty” JSU that makes me confident... we haven’t showed our entire hand just know that.
Good luck my friend on a successful season...

Another 1 bites the dust. 26 and counting

This is what we call the "SAFe" approach. It is required for LEAN advancement and success.

Too many seriously had to see that they were not the high-caliber, high-impacting studious student-athletes that coach and staff are seeking. I quickly think back to those numerous missed blocks I saw linemen missing on certain critical plays for JSU's offense this past spring, coupled w/ the former QB's lack of a bona fide leadership position.

In college football, the O goes as far as the QB/OL dominance goes.

Right now, this very second, the top-2 SWAC QBs, imho, are Glass @ AAMU and Harper @ Alcorn St. No disrespect to Perry @ UAPB because he made hella' improvement but Glass and Harper are bona fide O-leaders. Everyone else appears to have athletic RBs pretending to be QBs. lol

This is what we call the "SAFe" approach. It is required for LEAN advancement and success.

Too many seriously had to see that they were not the high-caliber, high-impacting studious student-athletes that coach and staff are seeking. I quickly think back to those numerous missed blocks I saw linemen missing on certain critical plays for JSU's offense this past spring, coupled w/ the former QB's lack of a bona fide leadership position.

Right now, this very second, the top-2 SWAC QBs, imho, are Glass @ AAMU and Harper @ Alcorn St. No disrespect to Perry @ UAPB because he made hella' improvement but Glass and Harper are bona fide O-leaders. Everyone else appears to have athletic RBs pretending to be QBs. lol

Man after those early injuries to our line they were awful down the stretch. Had to put some guys from the Dline over there and they couldn't block shyt lol. But we get those 3 injured olinemen back, two Ineligible 3 star OL that couldn't play this spring, and bringing in four in the fall (one 2 star, two 3star, and one 4 star). We should be much better upfront.

Alc and aamu are definitely leading the pack at qb. Both of those guys are really good QBs and make good decisions with the ball. PV and PB are right behind them though. Ill see what Shedeur can do this fall. Im sure pops gonna put nothing but the best around him

Or maybe they didn’t want to get caught up in Hendrick’s guys vs. Deion’s guys. Mysteriously all of them have talent deficiencies and only had 4 months with the current staff to begin with?

No proof what’s coming in is any better honestly. We’ve seen swac busts before

Or maybe they didn’t want to get caught up in Hendrick’s guys vs. Deion’s guys. Mysteriously all of them have talent deficiencies and only had 4 months with the current staff to begin with?

No proof what’s coming in is any better honestly. We’ve seen swac busts before

What foolishness are you sprewing now. The JSU coach you love to mention so much came in in 06 and cut over 50 guys and brought in his own players. This is no different from that. 3 guys weighed their options and decided that leaving would be their best chance at seeing the field and 23 had no choice.

I thought the SAFe approach was for your team to be self motivated across multiple scrum teams. Maybe you are saying the people jumping into the portal aren't self organizing, self motivated people

What foolishness are you sprewing now. The JSU coach you love to mention so much came in in 06 and cut over 50 guys and brought in his own players. This is no different from that. 3 guys weighed their options and decided that leaving would be their best chance at seeing the field and 23 had no choice.
Did that play a role with yall having APR issues back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back