The SWAC Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically, the commissioner is just a figure head. That's news to me. If the President's Council is going to be in charge, we're just wasting out time and money with Vowells. His job could be filled by a low-level administrator.

As far as the coaches are concerned, our current coach has gone on record as being against the mandate.

BTW, There is no lack of leadership anywhere within JSU's athletic department. President Mason is very accessible.

Off on a tangent.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
I am sure that Hughes would want this...it was that type of thinking that got him fired.

And to this day, folks still can't seem to understand this logic. But hey, the offense racked up a lot of yardage.... :retard:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU/99,

So basically, the commissioner is just a figure head.

I guess to some degree. Especially when it comes to the policies of the conference. Again he may suggest certain scenarios, but he has to get the okay off of the presidents in terms of the Presidents Council. One thing that Get Ready has stated which I would agree with is the fact that the SWAC president did provide former Commissioner Washington with a great deal of power.

This maybe one of the circumstances where the SWAC president wanted to have more of a say in everything because of the incidents that took place during former Commissioner Washington's tenure.

Remember most conference commissioners real agenda items a setting a course of direction for the conference mainly in terms of pushing NCAA policies down to the school level and producing additional revenue and exposure to the conference in terms of conference level sponsorships and conference level television contracts.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
JSU/99,
Remember most conference commissioners real agenda items a setting a course of direction for the conference mainly in terms of pushing NCAA policies down to the school level and producing additional revenue and exposure to the conference in terms of conference level sponsorships and conference level television contracts.

We'll this new mandate goes against these goals. You would think our Commissioner would be able to see this and perhaps encourage some type of debate on the subject. At the least Vowels should publicly encourage the President's to put this mandate on hold and revisit it.

The SWAC is irrelevant within our own division when it comes to football. :bawling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back