The other side of the college football situation

It's a valid point and something that has been discussed before. However, it needs to be known that this isn't just a situation that student-athletes are experiencing. Students who are not athletes are experiencing the exact same issues. Below is a statement from a current student at Grambling who isn't an athlete.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is if these athletic programs are really concerned about the well-being of their student-athletes, allow them to stay on campus WITHOUT playing football,
I pray they graduate and not catch that virus and graduate the other way. Cause there is no way in hell I would be living in a dorm in a pandemic. Dont care whats going on at home. I'll find somewhere else to stay other than the dorm.

I am agnostic about them playing or not. It may be a way to test and have a few scrimmages or one off games but I am not advocating for a season fam.

@Kenn Rashad did raise a valid point about being on campus without playing. I was thinking from a budget perspective, if there is anything that can safely be done to generate some type of revenue to protect their scholarships, jobs of non-coaching staff and stadium workers, etc and maintain player health.

Easy since the player practice and are around each other- do 5 on 5 football with each other. How many players does a team generally have? 50 or 60? Make 10-12 teams and do flag football. Not perfect but it's something.

I pray they graduate and not catch that virus and graduate the other way. Cause there is no way in hell I would be living in a dorm in a pandemic. Dont care whats going on at home. I'll find somewhere else to stay other than the dorm.
Well, in the case of this particular student, I'd probably take a dorm with a bedroom all to my self over a house with limited space that I have to share with 6 other people.

Back