The Novel Coronavirus - Thread V

You should take a few minutes and scroll this all the death and destruction in this tweet. so many lives lost b/c of misinformation, lies and fear.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
:clap:

Veronica Wolski, Chicago woman at the center of ivermectin firestorm, dies of pneumonia due to COVID-19 infection, officials say

https://www.yahoo.com/news/veronica-wolski-chicago-woman-center-144200146.html

Veronica Wolski, the QAnon adherent whose recent hospitalization made her a cause celebre for the controversial medication ivermectin, died in the intensive care unit of AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center early Monday, a hospital spokeswoman said. She was 64.

Wolski’s cause of death was pneumonia due to COVID-19 infection with hypothyroidism as a contributing factor, a spokeswoman for the Cook County medical examiner’s office said Monday morning. The manner of death was natural.

For more than a week, her supporters had besieged Resurrection with demands that Wolski be given ivermectin. The medication is typically used to treat diseases caused by parasitic worms, but has been hailed as a COVID-19 cure by some despite a lack of definitive scientific proof or government authorization.

The hospital said last week that its doctors and clinicians, following the guidance of the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, do not use ivermectin for COVID-19 cases. The hospital had declined to comment on Wolski’s diagnosis, citing federal privacy laws.

So sad, for pro life people to cause the death of a fellow citizen because of their political motivation.
:nono2:

:tiptoe:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-man-dies-hospital-contacts-031413517.html

Alabama man dies after hospital contacts 43 ICUs in 3 states, family says

An Alabama antiques dealer died this month of a "cardiac event" after the emergency staff at his local hospital contacted dozens of intensive care units in three states and was unable to find him a bed as Covid-19 cases surged, his family said.

The man, Ray DeMonia, who ran DeMonia's Antiques and Auctions for four decades, died Sept. 1, three days before his 74th birthday, his family said in an obituary published this month.

"Ray was a great, great man, liked and respected by many," his family said.

DeMonia died as Covid-19 cases in the state, which has had one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, continue to surge.

Some Alabama nurses have protested the grueling work conditions, and last month a doctor in Mobile said he would stop treating unvaccinated patients.

In the obituary, his family urged people who have not been vaccinated to get their shots — "in an effort to free up resources for non Covid related emergencies."

"He would not want any other family to go through what his did," his family said.

Kudos to fox noise and other republican politicians​

Ivermectin misuse adding to Covid pressures at Oklahoma hospitals, doctor says

:lmao:

:snicker

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ivermectin-misuse-adding-covid-pressures-160347478.html

An Oklahoma doctor has said overdoses of the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, which many believe without evidence can prevent or cure Covid-19, are helping cause delays and problems for rural hospitals and ambulance services struggling to cope with the resurgent pandemic.

Related: Arizona father held after threat to zip-tie school principal over Covid rules

Ivermectin is used to kill internal and external parasites in livestock animals and, in smaller doses, in humans.

Dr Jason McElyea, a family doctor in Sallisaw, told a news conference held by the Healthier Oklahoma Coalition on 31 August that he and his colleagues had seen “more than a handful” of patients with complications from ivermectin use in the previous weeks.

“They’re coming to us with nausea, vomiting, muscle aches – sicker than people who have Covid,” McElyea said. “And I’ve had several patients who have had vision loss.”

Not even trying to be funny... but can you imagine having so little sense that you let these people convince you to go to a store and take some animal medicine? That shit just doesn't even register to me how it's possible. Yet, states all across the south are having to post signs to not take it. Those people will do ANYTHING those far right people tell them to do. If they get a hold of the white house again I don't think democracy survives. Trump DAMN NEAR pulled it off last year. Now they're restricting voting, doing everything they can to make sure their cheating doesn't lose them the election next time. I legit think that's why Trump was so delusional about losing. They did almost everything they needed to do to steal that election. And, had they showed up to the Capital with guns??? Shiet..... in these folks minds we're "stealing their country." These those same folks that fought for the confederacy.. just their descendents. Better make sure you vote in 2024.

Can Snorting or Gargling Iodine Help Prevent COVID-19? Experts Explain Why NOT to Try This Internet Trend

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...why-not-to-try-this-internet-trend/ar-AAOtMvH

Ever since the pandemic began, people have been searching for at-home remedies to prevent COVID-19. And, while ordering veterinary doses of ivermectin has been a thing for a while, despite evidence showing it is not effective, people are now apparently shifting to gargling iodine and even using it as a nasal spray to help ward off the virus.

Senate Republicans say they will vote to allow a debt default, leaving Democrats…
Gabby Petito Traveled To Great Sand Dunes, Colorado Springs With Fiancé…

Ever since the pandemic began, people have been searching for at-home remedies to prevent COVID-19. And, while ordering veterinary doses of ivermectin has been a thing for a while, despite evidence showing it is not effective, people are now apparently shifting to gargling iodine and even using it as a nasal spray to help ward off the virus.

a woman holding a cup: Experts explain why gargling iodine to treat COVID is a trend that is unsafe and unhelpful. Plus, what exactly is iodine, and how does it work.© Hola Images - Getty Images Experts explain why gargling iodine to treat COVID is a trend that is unsafe and unhelpful. Plus, what exactly is iodine, and how does it work.
A person who identifies themselves as an ER doctor on Twitter wrote the following alongside a photo of various vitamins: “Don’t get Covid. Prophylaxis is not that hard. Also nasal spray with a couple of drops betadine in it. And gargle with original Listerine.” (Bentadine, in case you’re not familiar with it, is a brand name for povidone iodine.)

People in the comments had plenty of questions about how, exactly, to do this. But…is it safe to gargle iodine or use it as a nasal spray? Here’s what the experts say.

First, what is povidone iodine?
Povidone iodine “is an antiseptic and is used routinely to sterilize skin,” says infectious disese expert Amesh A. Adalja, M.D., a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security. It’s often used for wound care and is commonly available in stores as a 10% solution in water. It’s also used as a surgical scrub or skin cleanser.

:crazy:

US coronavirus: More people died in Alabama during 2020 than were born as Covid-19 deaths continue rising in the US

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...ng-in-the-us/ar-AAOBpCw?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Alabama had more people die last year during the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic than births, a top health official said, as the US continues to grapple with rising coronavirus cases and deaths.

"This past year, 2020, is going to be the first year that we know of in the history of our state where we actually had more deaths than births," Alabama Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris said Friday during a news briefing.

"Our state literally shrunk," he said.

Preliminary data shows that 64,714 people died in Alabama in 2020 while there were 57,641 births, Harris said. In 2019, the state recorded 54,109 deaths and 58,615 births, according to the health department.

According to state data, 7,182 people in Alabama died due to Covid-19 in 2020 and total Covid-19 deaths reached 13,209 as of Saturday.

Even though more than half of the country is fully vaccinated, Covid-19 cases, deaths and hospitalizations have been rising over the past few months -- and it's not impacting everywhere equally.

In Alabama, where 41% of people are fully vaccinated, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), officials said more hospital beds have recently become available, though it's not because people are recovering from the virus.

"It is not because these patients are miraculously getting better and going home. It's because they're dying," Dr. Kierstin Kennedy, the chief of hospital medicine at the University of Alabama Medicine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/v...lse,tb:false,pb:false,cvc:2&ocid=winp1taskbar

Newsome, who organized a protest outside Carmine's earlier this week, pointed to recent data showing that less than half of the city's Black residents between the ages of 18 and 44 are vaccinated. "That means that you're excluding a tremendous amount of Black New Yorkers, from engaging in everyday actions," he said.

Forcing Black Americans to make a decision to take the vaccine or lose their job is "completely unfair... because as a Black person, I do not trust the government," he said. "The largest numbers of unvaccinated people are Black. We will truly feel the penalty of not complying."

Did I miss that memo saying ONLY black folks had to get the vaccine or lose their jobs? Last time I checked we have seen folks of all race lose their jobs or quit over it.

"Black people are realizing that Democrats are almost as bad as the Republicans when it comes to their treatment of Black people," he said. "It's a very sobering feeling."

What Democrat blamed the virus infections on black folks?? I know of some REPUBLICANS who have like Dan Patrick. And voter suppression bills have Democrat's put out?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
https://www.al.com/news/2021/09/ala...nd-vaccine-opposition-both-dead-of-covid.html

Alabama Pickers, couple known for reselling and vaccine opposition, both dead of COVID
:popcorn:

A married Alabama couple known for their reselling videos on YouTube under the name “Alabama Pickers” have both died of COVID.

Dusty and Tristan Graham lived in Huntsville, where they would often post videos about various tips and tricks to reselling vintage items like clothes and home decor. They sold on eBay under the username, bama4348.

Dusty died Thursday, almost three weeks after his wife did, according to the GoFundMe page set up by one of their children.

“Unfortunately, Dusty and Tristan have both passed away,” Windsor Graham posted on the page. “Thank you all for your kind words and helping us during this difficult time. We will be using the money to pay for funeral expenses.”

One of the last videos the married couple posted on their now deleted YouTube channel was about how they wouldn’t get the vaccine.

It was later reposted on Vaxx Mann’s channel, which is connected to a website titled SORRYANTIVAXXER.COM, dedicated to sharing stories of people who have gotten COVID and died, or came close to dying after sharing their anti-vax beliefs.

“I’ve got my own passport. It’s called the ‘Bill of Rights,’” Dusty said in the video around the 41:30 mark. “I think this will be all behind us in a couple of years.”

Texas gubernatorial hopeful Allen West tweets about his COVID-19 hospitalization
:snicker

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/allen-west-covid-19-hospital/

Texas GOP candidate for governor Allen West, hospitalized with COVID-19, has been tweeting criticism of vaccine mandates and the government's response to the pandemic, as he recovers in the hospital.

West, who is not vaccinated, has been undergoing monoclonal antibody therapy, as well as taking hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, which are not federally authorized treatments for COVID-19. West's vaccinated wife also contracted COVID-19, but was she was released from the hospital, according to West's Twitter account.

He tweeted Sunday that his experience with COVID-19 made him "even more dedicated to fighting against vaccine mandates," and called the COVID-19 vaccine "dangerous," even though studies show the opposite — that the vaccine is safe and those who are vaccinated against COVID-19 are far less likely to be hospitalized or die than the unvaccinated. West also tweeted that the U.S. shouldn't be "enriching the pockets of Big Pharma," although he touted a monoclonal antibody infusion therapy treatment he took that is made by pharmaceutical company Regeneron. Regeneron's cocktail costs the U.S. $2,100 per dose. Pfizer's vaccine, the most expensive of the three used domestically, costs the U.S. $19.50/dose.

I know someone who thought his family could not get coronavirus and would never get the vaccine. Its sad to say that the daughter got the virus and lost her baby. The guilt is kicking his butt, but they are now fully vaccinated.

I just got my booster. I saw someone super close to me go through 3 weeks of being sick, then spending 6 weeks in icu, THEN spending 3 weeks in rehab. And then about 6 months after that just to be able to walk up the stairs without the oxygen machine. I don't want no parts of it.
I spoke a cat who had it last year who had to re-learn how to walk.

I spoke a cat who had it last year who had to re-learn how to walk.
A good friend of mine from college went through the same thing. She told me that she swelled up so bad that she looked like the Michelin Man. She is still going through thereby. She now has to walk with a cane. Yall, this virus is no joke.

Back